forum

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up Version 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 10:52:52 PM

Artist: Rick Astley
Title: Never Gonna Give You Up 2
BPM: 113.6
Filesize: 3276kb
Play Time: 03:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.2 stars, 154 notes)
  2. Normal (3.21 stars, 258 notes)
  3. Hard (4.34 stars, 305 notes)
  4. Insane (4.82 stars, 414 notes)
Download: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up 2
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Reuploading because it didn't work for some reason.

Update: Changed background, and it shouls show up on all difficulties. Changed normal to hard, edited AWP's "hard" mode and added it as the new normal, and added Insane mode.

Update again: Made changes suggested by James and AWP.
Echo
BPM: 113.61 (?) I think 113.60 slows down at the end

Also get off grid level 1! Ctrl+1 or View->Grid Level->3 to use the most precise grid snapping. You'll have to play around with the spacing again.
awp
like IRC

Normal's good, spaced the shit out of Easy

Download: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up 2 (LuigiHann) [Easy].osu
awp
here is first 60% of hard mode so you can look at it and decide if you likes its

oh no I'm not credited oh well

Download: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up 2 (LuigiHann) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
lol. Might have to rename the difficulties so that my normal is "Hard" and your hard is "Normal," because your version seems to be significantly easier than mine...

Great job tightening up the spacing on Easy mode, though. Plays a lot better now.
chan
Nice use of copy paste mirror vertical/horizontal and 90 degree turn. Normal was much more playable than easy, also easy doesn't have the background image. from me.

Did I mention that this map is looooooooooooooooong? I think the repetition is a factor.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Thanks. Don't rank this quite yet. Still trying to figure out about the difficulty levels.
awp
Yeah, have a look. I can keep going about my business and finish [Hard] as it is, and if they're better off being renamed, then that's fine. Or, if you'd prefer, I could spruce up what I have to make it harder. I'll take another look at your [Normal] to see if it is hard enough, perhaps even with just a quick slider tweak, and/or possibly impose a bit more on it. We'll see~
awp
Hard (rather, Normal) is a-la done. Take note that I left the sound effects alone for the most part...I figured you probably have a better idea when to use them than I do. I think within reason it's got the EBA feel.

And yes after looking at your Normal again I've decided it would be better suited as Hard with a few slider tweaks and wider beatspacing.

Download: Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up 2 (LuigiHann) [Hard].osu
James
Volume too low? How about lowering the volume sample too?

Easy:
01:37:74 - How about putting those circles closer to each other by a bit? Same applies to all similar to this.

Normal:
00:22:74 - Place it on stack with the tail of the slider instead?

Hard:
01:01:56 - Place them in a way that they would be equidistant to each other. Same thing applies to all similar to this.

Insane:
Same as in hard.
awp
Insame - The jump from 2:21:58 to 2:21:84 is a bit ridiculous I think. Easily doable if you're expecting it, but a bit much. Moving the 5 closer to the start of the new combo should help both with that jump and the unexpected lack of a jump from the previous 4 to that 5.

Same thing happens at 2:30:03 so I'm starting to think you did this deliberately, but I still find it misleading.

And at 2:33:99.

If you don't want to change the spacing on these I won't hold it against you - it IS Insane, and this is a touchscreen-feely map (and by that I mean should be in EBA yes?) so it's still acceptable, but personally it irks me a bit.

So basically this can be ranked whenever you want it to be ranked.

EDIT: Oh shit yeah I forgot ty for reminding me bancho; the song's somehow gotten really quiet.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
It's funny, AWP, if you had just said "fix this" I probably would have, but you talked me into keeping it the way it was. I did tweak the first instance so it's at least pointing in the direction of the next note.

I think it's good now :)
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
MegaTailzChao
Great song. Really fun there, however I don't really like how some beats are hidden behind others and I find myself missing them because the big ol' 300 is in the way of it and I never look at the rings. >:[

Other then that I love it!
hadoken_zero
heh, nice!

btw, here!!!!!

edit: check on the 19th....
LimeGreenTeknii
"Don't let me down!" Lol!
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
AWP and I have made a storyboard for this map. It is all kinds of awesome. Get the storyboarded version over in this thread in the storyboard forum: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2984
RemmyX25

hadoken_zero wrote:

btw, here!!!!!
ROFL, RickRoll!!

anyways, I was expecting the infamous video to go along with the beatmap, but I'm sure you have your reasons (like that storyboard). I loved playing it, but a big (and common it seems...) gripe is that its too quiet! The sample is at an ok volume, but the beatmap isnt
88Titan88
Nice song, man!
It sounds exactly like an EBA song!
Same style! xD
Sheniken
This is too awsome. Rickroll pranks are my favorite internet pranks!
show more