forum

Multilingual Speakers: Interested in FAQ Translation?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
Despite the abundance of information in the FAQ there are still people popping into irc asking why their beatmaps don't work, or how to submit a beatmap to the site, or whatever. I think part of the problem might be due to the fact that not everyone is fluent in English (but we forgive you for that), so~

Would anyone here be interested in helping to translate the osu! FAQ into any languages they are capable? We are a rather diverse community, and I think this would help a number of new players out.
Echo
Topic Starter
awp
Indeed.
Sinistro
I can translate it to Greek, but I expect you would prefer languages spoken by at least a few hundred million people, right? :|
shinn_old
I can roughly translate it to Traditional Chinese. But after Writing, it needs serious editing.
Echo

shinn wrote:

I can roughly translate it to Traditional Chinese. But after Writing, it needs serious editing.
Same here :P
eirrol
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
pokedigi

eirrol wrote:

Peppy should do Japanese. I'll do Chinese.
I don't think Offset should be translate in "弱起小节开始处". Can we translate together?
shinn_old
IDK....

I'm not very fluent in Chinese...
Echo

eirrol wrote:

Peppy should do Japanese.
Interestingly enough, I don't think there are that many Japanese players around.

I can help check the Chinese translation, but like shinn I'm not that fluent.
peppy
@echo: We should look at databasing the site's content so we can easily add translations for all this static-ish content.
Loginer
Loginer sez: SWEDISH TIME >:3
Exile_NX
I can do Russian :)
luke27
I relly like the idea, I can translate it to Spanish, just contact me :)
Vic
I`ll translate it to Polish because we want moar Polish players so we need Polish FAQ. (lol)
Topic Starter
awp
I'm thinking we should bring this up at the next community meeting and organize how we're going to do it.
Echo
I think just stick it in a (new) hidden forum.

Loginer
I've already started by downloading the FAQ, translating it in Dreamweaver.
Echo
If you're translating it text is all we need.
luke27

Echo49 wrote:

If you're translating it text is all we need.
Does it mean I only must edit it and save it as plain text (.txt) or what? I started too and I have done 70% aprox...
show more