Play Time: 02:22
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.23 stars, 158 notes)
  2. Normal (2.78 stars, 216 notes)
  3. Hard (4.45 stars, 490 notes)
Download: Miwako Okuda - Shizuku
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
From Great Teacher Onizuka second ending song. Almost everyone knows this.

EDIT:
Edited Normal and Hard as Kharl suggested.
Replaced some notes in Hard.
Added timing points for hitsounds in Hard. Might remove them again if it sounds ugly to other people.

EDIT2:
Added EZ mode.

EDIT3:
Added BGImage.
Topic Starter
James
Same thing. Need bpm/offset check here. Thanks.
MaxwellDemon
Alright, I just only looked at hard... but from what I have seen, your BPM and offset is perfect (at 1x since I figured it is the most important something sounds right on that level than on 0.25x... since players aren't playing on that speed) until 2:53:33, which is where the instruments resume playing.

An easy fix that I have thought up is to make a seperate BPM and offset for that part... and to be honest, I think it probably is the same BPM, but it is just because the offset got "restarted" that's why your timing sounded funky for the last part.

Onto the notes...

I generally loved the placements, but some bits went against my old mod senses and other bits just made me go, "Eh? Is that on purpose?" XD

2:06:54 - 2:07:05:
When I made my first beatmap, I often put notes stacked together like that until a random mod came and told me it is quite confusing for the players especially if the beats aren't coming at the same rate.

2:20:02 - 2:20:41 has the same thing going on... 3:38:38 has the same thing again. XD

2:39:36: Funky slider! Is this because of the rap? It is actually quite cool by design. :P... so, not a bad thing at all! XD

Quite personally, I find this the matter of personal preferences. The different rate of beats in stacked note is completely okay to some mods, and I personally didn't had that much problem working around it.

Good luck on this map and the Ayumi Hamasaki one, I'd like to see this one ranked though. XD
Topic Starter
James
your BPM and offset is perfect until 2:53:33, which is where the instruments resume playing.
What happens afterwards? How does it sound? It still sounds good for me. (i think)
I made a separate timing section but I don't know if it is going to be any good.

2:06:54 - 2:07:05 and 2:20:02 - 2:20:41
I'll leave it as is until other people would suggest replacing them.

2:39:36: Funky slider! Is this because of the rap? It is actually quite cool by design. :P... so, not a bad thing at all! XD
Yep. I sometimes do sliders(linear) like that at electric guitars too.

Once the bpm/offset is OK I will put up those multiple timing points for sound samples.
MaxwellDemon
I don't know, the big beat sounds off from the big beat in the song/singing to me.
But then, I am not the most reliable when it comes to timing. D:
Maybe get Kharl to look into it? :lol:
Kharl

James wrote:

From GTO Second Ending song. Everyone knows this.
No, I don't. :P
Nice song, anyway.

BPM = 117.94
Offset = 25036
Now, some suggestions:

= Normal =
0:40:29, 1:43:38 - Replace 7 with spinner. Make them end at 0:42:33 and 1:45:41.
2:22:81 - Shorten this spinner by 1 beat, then make a slider that follows it starts at 2:27:13.
2:39:34 - Break this combo at 2:43:41 and 2:47:48.
3:23:35 - Move this hit marker 1/4 beat backward.
3:43:44 - (Not mandatory) This combo pattern is a bit overused by now. Remap from this point onward will add some "fresh" feeling to the map.

= Hard =
2:25:35 - Similar to Normal; Shorten this spinner by 1 beat, then add a hit marker at 2:27:13.
3:47:26 - Start a new combo here.
3:59:72 - Shorten this spinner by 1/2 beat.
Topic Starter
James
Fixed.

And watch GTO. Its great. Really.
Kharl
I like your hitsound changes in Hard. Keep it. :)
Since James will add Easy map later on, I'll just star it for now.

*Starred*

And... although I never watch GTO, I've read it.
I agree. It is really great.
Topic Starter
James
Added EZ mode.
chan
Pretty much all good as far as I can tell, didn't have much time to diligently scrutinize your beat spacing but I have faith in you~

02:39:34 (1) - slider in hard looks pretty silly

Also I didn't really like the really short sliders in normal that reversed several times in the chorus. This is really just my personal preference, I didn't have much trouble clearing it.

Also it's interesting to see you mapping the end of the song in hard with the bpm slowdown, but I guess all you have really is a long spinner and a beat.

Really think you should change that 02:39:34 slider, but this is rank-worthy.
Saturos
Hard:

04:11:30 (1) - Seemed unnecessary, but if you like it, keep it.
Also, change the offset of the final timing section to 237,439. Sounds much better here.

That's it. Unless you wanted to include a background of some kind, it's ready for ranking.
Topic Starter
James
Added bgimage.
I know you like that (1) in the end for more points :)
Saturos
/me ranks.

Welcome back, btw. ;x
Shadow_of_STLKR
Beatmap needs tags and source info.
It will be easier to find