forum

Matsumoto Sara - Suika

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kihhou
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:51:53 PM

Artist: Matsumoto Sara
Title: Suika
Source: 東方萃夢想 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power.
Tags: Drunken Flower 東方Project Touhou Yoi Hana _yoc. U2 Akiyama Uni よひむすび Riverside ZUN Oriental Memory of Forgathering Dream Suimusou Ibuki
BPM: 90
Filesize: 13063kb
Play Time: 06:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Evanescence (5.52 stars, 1138 notes)
Download: Matsumoto Sara - Suika
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okorin ((bubbled))
Bonsai ((bubbled))
Natsu ((ranked))

so
ur
ces thanks Random c:
and more! thanks okorina~

!
[ Eon Fox ]
The timing is good for the most part, though the offset could be slightly tweaked. The title is indeed "Drunken Flower" (酔- Yoi and 花- Hana), and there technically wouldn't be Romanji here, since Romanji is primarily used when dealing with Katakana, not Kanji or Hirangana, so Drunken Flower would be correct. Your main problem, however, is that you are overusing kiai time. Quite a big chunk of it is in Kiai time, and it should be used more sparingly.
Topic Starter
Kihhou

VeronicaTheFox wrote:

The timing is good for the most part, though the offset could be slightly tweaked. The title is indeed "Drunken Flower" (酔- Yoi and 花- Hana), and there technically wouldn't be Romanji here, since Romanji is primarily used when dealing with Katakana, not Kanji or Hirangana, so Drunken Flower would be correct. Your main problem, however, is that you are overusing kiai time. Quite a big chunk of it is in Kiai time, and it should be used more sparingly.
thanks c: as for the kiai, itll be fine. doesnt matter as long as it makes sense. i only put the kiais during the chorus
Okoratu
fiNish thissss
Topic Starter
Kihhou

Okoratu wrote:

fiNish thissss
i will oko D:aaaaaaaa im just busy with things i need to do right now ><
Kinshara
omg approval map

go kihhou /o/
Topic Starter
Kihhou

Kinshara wrote:

omg approval map

go kihhou /o/
\o\ !
Krfawy
Hello! :3 So it's Krfawy from the Bleeding Queue! :3 I can't find anything wrong and all I can give are my very personal suggestions from the gameplay. If any of them is too harsh, I'm sorry and please, don't take it too seriously since the map plays really decent. And I must confess I love it even if I dislike Touhou stuff and asian vocals and marathons. A MIRACLE HAPPENED.

Evanescence
  1. 01:30:625 (1) - Thad slider just makes me kind of disappointed. If you follow all the existing rhythms in the whole map, this moment follows 'water drop + metalic-like-a-key sound' and later you do not map the vocals with anything, when in my personal opinion you should extend the slider till the beginning of the word(s) sung by that woman - I mean 01:31:291 - here. I really feel that depressing emptiness comparing to the filled with notes beginning of the song and the later moments when it's SC2 with that electronic kick.
  2. 02:15:958 (1) - CTRL + G? For me it just would play better.
  3. 02:17:291 (1) - Maybe CTRL + G again? I don't know why, just a flow feeling or something like that... I just find it more comfortable to play it like that.
  4. 02:29:291 (1,2,3,4,5) - Probably you'd rather kill me than used this pattern, but I think *THIS* combination would improve the flow a bit and give a bit variety to the map so people do not do things too blindly.
  5. 02:32:625 (4) - Everytime I play it, I want to start this slider from the reverse arrow side. ;_;
  6. 02:36:625 (3) - And at this one I usually start clicking it from the end of the slider instead of the head.
  7. 02:45:291 (1) - And again my wrong-sided-want. XD
  8. 03:13:125 (6) - *Nazi thing* For the perfect stacking I recommend to move it to (X=320 | Y=256)
  9. 03:46:958 (2,3) - This order is really hard to follow even if it's an Insane marathon. Consider using a reversed order of the notes, please, just for sake of the playability.
  10. 04:27:625 (5) - And again - I want to click the end of the slider instead of the head... This time I suggest it to improve the flow also, since it would play better with another slider because the transition would be more natural and roundish (I have no idea how to explain it in other words ;_;). And the same thing goes to 04:32:958 (4) - this moment.
  11. 04:50:625 (5) - The very similar thing as at the very beginning of the map. Don't you think a circle would fit better here? Or at least could you use 5% volumed green time line at the very end of this slider, please? I just can feel that the very end of the slider is too loud now and it doesn't follow the map in a proper way.
That's all from me! Sorry that I can't help you more, but I really have a feeling there's something that much to change or fix. Good luck with that beautiful marathon! I really liked that! ;3
Topic Starter
Kihhou

Krfawy wrote:

Hello! :3 So it's Krfawy from the Bleeding Queue! :3 I can't find anything wrong and all I can give are my very personal suggestions from the gameplay. If any of them is too harsh, I'm sorry and please, don't take it too seriously since the map plays really decent. And I must confess I love it even if I dislike Touhou stuff and asian vocals and marathons. A MIRACLE HAPPENED.

Evanescence
  1. 01:30:625 (1) - Thad slider just makes me kind of disappointed. If you follow all the existing rhythms in the whole map, this moment follows 'water drop + metalic-like-a-key sound' and later you do not map the vocals with anything, when in my personal opinion you should extend the slider till the beginning of the word(s) sung by that woman - I mean 01:31:291 - here. I really feel that depressing emptiness comparing to the filled with notes beginning of the song and the later moments when it's SC2 with that electronic kick. i wanna follow consistency of the other water part and have it short o3o also i prefer to leave vocals w/o instrumentals lol
  2. 02:15:958 (1) - CTRL + G? For me it just would play better. prefer not to have such a sharp jump pattern here :/
  3. 02:17:291 (1) - Maybe CTRL + G again? I don't know why, just a flow feeling or something like that... I just find it more comfortable to play it like that. yesss
  4. 02:29:291 (1,2,3,4,5) - Probably you'd rather kill me than used this pattern, but I think *THIS* combination would improve the flow a bit and give a bit variety to the map so people do not do things too blindly. loool these types of patterns i hate playing :c so i leave them out heheh
  5. 02:32:625 (4) - Everytime I play it, I want to start this slider from the reverse arrow side. ;_; ggg changed to different shape
  6. 02:36:625 (3) - And at this one I usually start clicking it from the end of the slider instead of the head. made the transitiion into that a bit more up and down oriented to prepare for itttt
  7. 02:45:291 (1) - And again my wrong-sided-want. XD id rather keep the sharp turn in slider direction :/
  8. 03:13:125 (6) - *Nazi thing* For the perfect stacking I recommend to move it to (X=320 | Y=256) wopoooo
  9. 03:46:958 (2,3) - This order is really hard to follow even if it's an Insane marathon. Consider using a reversed order of the notes, please, just for sake of the playability. i thought this wasnt so bad o-o ill get some more testplays first and see what to do with it after
  10. 04:27:625 (5) - And again - I want to click the end of the slider instead of the head... This time I suggest it to improve the flow also, since it would play better with another slider because the transition would be more natural and roundish (I have no idea how to explain it in other words ;_;). And the same thing goes to 04:32:958 (4) - this moment. ctrlgeddd
  11. 04:50:625 (5) - The very similar thing as at the very beginning of the map. Don't you think a circle would fit better here? Or at least could you use 5% volumed green time line at the very end of this slider, please? I just can feel that the very end of the slider is too loud now and it doesn't follow the map in a proper way. made it lower volume o3o
That's all from me! Sorry that I can't help you more, but I really have a feeling there's something that much to change or fix. Good luck with that beautiful marathon! I really liked that! ;3
thank you c: glad you liked it lol
LordRaika
Hitsound Mod request from my Modding Queue

osuu~ :)
Here is my HM as request :

Hitsound Mod
[Hitsound]
  1. Yep, Here's as requested to replace your TING sound XD , rename into soft-hitnormal7.wav and set volume like 75 ~ 100% >w< , yea remove the finish7. yea because i prefer it rather than hitnormal+hitfinish.
  2. download and rename as soft-hitnormal2.wav this is for this section 04:27:958 - , you see that it really fits the song itself >w< rather than loud default sound XD
  3. Rename as soft-hitnormal3.wav, as this one works much better for calm part like this >>> 04:51:291 - seriously , i like it this way XD, hope you have the same preferences >w< unless you love loud defualt soft sound so much T^T
oh gawd... orz i think that's all... what else? you use a consistent hitsound, nothing more to be mod XD haha,
the custom itself looks fitting and really serves their purpose as custom hitsound ^^b

But pls feel free to poke me in-game if u want to ask or discuss smthg bout the hitsound in this beatmap >w<
that's all i can help to improve the hitsound, and i did check on where and when u put additional... seems fine looks like no missing \^^/
Okoratu
"I hate hitnormals" - Raika, 2014
LordRaika

Okoratu wrote:

"I hate hitnormals" - Raika, 2014
ohi Kokoratu :D/
make it "Default soft hitnormal" to be specific....
umm, yea , I . . . , we have had enough for default hitnormal, it's indicating missing hitsound
also it's way to loud if you aim for default soft whistle or smthg... XD that's why......

unless default normal-hitnomral, it has the purpose for loud snare or drum-ish, but again...
it's bad if some mapper jst to spam it all way.... orz ( especially mania , furthermore with high volume..., im dead )
Topic Starter
Kihhou

LordRaika wrote:

Hitsound Mod request from my Modding Queue

osuu~ :)
Here is my HM as request :

Hitsound Mod
[Hitsound]
  1. Yep, Here's as requested to replace your TING sound XD , rename into soft-hitnormal7.wav and set volume like 75 ~ 100% >w< , yea remove the finish7. yea because i prefer it rather than hitnormal+hitfinish.
  2. download and rename as soft-hitnormal2.wav this is for this section 04:27:958 - , you see that it really fits the song itself >w< rather than loud default sound XD
  3. Rename as soft-hitnormal3.wav, as this one works much better for calm part like this >>> 04:51:291 - seriously , i like it this way XD, hope you have the same preferences >w< unless you love loud defualt soft sound so much T^T
oh gawd... orz i think that's all... what else? you use a consistent hitsound, nothing more to be mod XD haha,
the custom itself looks fitting and really serves their purpose as custom hitsound ^^b

But pls feel free to poke me in-game if u want to ask or discuss smthg bout the hitsound in this beatmap >w<
that's all i can help to improve the hitsound, and i did check on where and when u put additional... seems fine looks like no missing \^^/
mmm i used the water sound and softhitnormal 2 but ill have hitnormal3 as is for now til i find something better o3o only b/c i want to keep that section modest without drums sounds. thank you raika!! love hitnormal2 c:

maybe i should go through jemmmmmmmmmmmys akasha and see if i can get the notes for that section
Winnie
Here as requested from modding queue
First off this song is absolutely god tier lets get this ranked :)

Evanescence

• 01:57:958 (4,5) - The matter of placement on this one is a sharp cut to the left. I would suggest moving it up more instead of to the left. The previous sequence doesn't have a sharp cut but instead a clockwise rotation. Moving it will make the flow smoothen out more instead of sharp cuts when jumping especially for a smooth song like this. Like this is reasonable 02:08:625 (3) - because of i not being far fetched to the left or right and is only a simple diagonal jump
    04:51:291 (1,1) - What's with the NC changes here, it sounds like they are from the same part of the song
    I don't really have anything to say, it seems good to me. I'm not sure what others would say about the jumps on this song. There are some parts with only single notes where it gets excessively crazy, but I will leave it at that. Decreasing it down a little wouldn't hurt because the song isn't that strong enough to represent those jumps. Minor adjustments is fine but throughout the song is was really nice. Sorry for not having any clue what to look at. Next Time! :)
Topic Starter
Kihhou

Kocari wrote:

Here as requested from modding queue
First off this song is absolutely god tier lets get this ranked :)

Evanescence

• 01:57:958 (4,5) - The matter of placement on this one is a sharp cut to the left. I would suggest moving it up more instead of to the left. The previous sequence doesn't have a sharp cut but instead a clockwise rotation. Moving it will make the flow smoothen out more instead of sharp cuts when jumping especially for a smooth song like this. Like this is reasonable 02:08:625 (3) - because of i not being far fetched to the left or right and is only a simple diagonal jump sharp turn to emphasize the strong "clap" sound
    04:51:291 (1,1) - What's with the NC changes here, it sounds like they are from the same part of the song ooops fixed some nc problems here
    I don't really have anything to say, it seems good to me. I'm not sure what others would say about the jumps on this song. There are some parts with only single notes where it gets excessively crazy, but I will leave it at that. Decreasing it down a little wouldn't hurt because the song isn't that strong enough to represent those jumps. Minor adjustments is fine but throughout the song is was really nice. Sorry for not having any clue what to look at. Next Time! :)
cool! thanks for modding!
sheela

Oh my god. You're still alive Kihhou. And hey.

General

1. TicClick's tool checks if any hitsounds are unused. What it founded is that drum-hitwhistle.wav is a victim of it. You can remove it or if you have the intention to use it, use it. Else, there might be a disqualification due to this.
  2. soft-hitnormal7.wav has a delay of 4ms. Please remove that delay to avoid the disqualification.

Evanescence

1. 01:53:291 (6,1) - It makes an awkward movement, and it doesn't feel comfortable to me due to the short distance and gap in the timeline. I suggest stacking it. I don't think it would be a problem. This also goes to 01:56:291 (1) - 01:58:958 (1) - 02:01:291 (7) - 03:24:291 (2) - . Also, they don't have to be strictly stacked. You can make a little overlap.
  2. 02:14:291 (5) - Flip it vertically? It seems to make a better flow to 02:13:958 (4) . Or the slider (4) could be flipped vertically.
  3. 02:25:791 (2,1) - I don't if it's intended, but the blanket pattern isn't perfect.
  4. 03:18:458 (6) - Stack it with the previous slider's head? Since you did to 03:07:291 (5,6) -, it would keep the consistency. Else, make add a greater distance between 03:18:458 (6,1) due to the downbeat landing there.
  5. 03:19:625 (3) - Switch the head and tail? The flow from this to 03:19:125 (2) seems pretty uncomfortable to me.
  6. 03:21:291 - This part is similar 01:53:291 . In the first part, there's pauses, but the second part doesn't have pauses, which makes an inconsistency in the rhythm. I suggest you either fill the empty beats in the first part, or au contraire add empty beats in the second.
  7. 04:11:958 (1) - Hmm... To me, the curve doesn't make a good flow to 04:11:791 (7) . Well, you should blame my skills in osu!, but I think a straight slider that has the last node on x:107 y:23 would fit.
  8. 04:28:958 (4) - The distance is pretty low compared to the others, and it makes a weird movement for the cursor. You can just add more distance between them. And there's also 04:35:625 (4) .
  9. 04:31:291 (3,4) - The overlap is a bit ugly. Why not moving the circle next to the corner of the slider? Like x:458 y:230.
  10. 05:02:625 - I am not a master with hitsounds, but there's too much whistle compared to the previous part. Those two part are basically the same, so the hitsound should be the same. That's why I suggest to remove the claps on the red tick for that part, and starting from 04:51:958 -, you should add claps on the white ticks.
  11. 05:14:625 (1) - The spinner is too short (666 ms). I don't think the players will spin to a 300 points. I think a slider would just fit.
  12. 06:01:625 (3) - In my opinion, this circle seems to be not visible after 06:01:291 (1) -, so I think players might fail the pattern 06:01:291 (1,2,3,4) . You can try switching places of 06:01:625 (3,4) in order to see the circle, and I think that pattern goes very well for the flow.
Really fun map, Kihhou! Hope you'll get this ranked early, so here's a star to boost the star priority! Good luck with the map! If you have questions concerning about the mod, don't hesitate on asking them!
Topic Starter
Kihhou

sheela901 wrote:

Oh my god. You're still alive Kihhou. And hey.

General

1. TicClick's tool checks if any hitsounds are unused. What it founded is that drum-hitwhistle.wav is a victim of it. You can remove it or if you have the intention to use it, use it. Else, there might be a disqualification due to this. ooops i forgot to take it out ><
  2. soft-hitnormal7.wav has a delay of 4ms. Please remove that delay to avoid the disqualification. uhh idk how lol so ill leave a note for later o3o and ask someone to help me with it

Evanescence

1. 01:53:291 (6,1) - It makes an awkward movement, and it doesn't feel comfortable to me due to the short distance and gap in the timeline. I suggest stacking it. I don't think it would be a problem. This also goes to 01:56:291 (1) - 01:58:958 (1) - 02:01:291 (7) - 03:24:291 (2) - . Also, they don't have to be strictly stacked. You can make a little overlap. i want to keep it moving >< it feels right to me since the musici s very smooth
  2. 02:14:291 (5) - Flip it vertically? It seems to make a better flow to 02:13:958 (4) . Or the slider (4) could be flipped vertically.
  3. 02:25:791 (2,1) - I don't if it's intended, but the blanket pattern isn't perfect. i am so lazy with blankets now lol fixed
  4. 03:18:458 (6) - Stack it with the previous slider's head? Since you did to 03:07:291 (5,6) -, it would keep the consistency. Else, make add a greater distance between 03:18:458 (6,1) due to the downbeat landing there. only cuz there was piano there o3o i wouldve stacked at tail but the flow wouldve been weird sooo ill leave as is for noww
  5. 03:19:625 (3) - Switch the head and tail? The flow from this to 03:19:125 (2) seems pretty uncomfortable to me. that would put emphasis on 03:19:958 (1) - with more of an angle and i dont want that :/
  6. 03:21:291 - This part is similar 01:53:291 . In the first part, there's pauses, but the second part doesn't have pauses, which makes an inconsistency in the rhythm. I suggest you either fill the empty beats in the first part, or au contraire add empty beats in the second. all the pauses are parts with 1/1 slider o3o plays the same click wise
  7. 04:11:958 (1) - Hmm... To me, the curve doesn't make a good flow to 04:11:791 (7) . Well, you should blame my skills in osu!, but I think a straight slider that has the last node on x:107 y:23 would fit. yess
  8. 04:28:958 (4) - The distance is pretty low compared to the others, and it makes a weird movement for the cursor. You can just add more distance between them. And there's also 04:35:625 (4) . ok o3o
  9. 04:31:291 (3,4) - The overlap is a bit ugly. Why not moving the circle next to the corner of the slider? Like x:458 y:230. i love my overlaps D;
  10. 05:02:625 - I am not a master with hitsounds, but there's too much whistle compared to the previous part. Those two part are basically the same, so the hitsound should be the same. That's why I suggest to remove the claps on the red tick for that part, and starting from 04:51:958 -, you should add claps on the white ticks. fixedd
  11. 05:14:625 (1) - The spinner is too short (666 ms). I don't think the players will spin to a 300 points. I think a slider would just fit. as long as auto gets 1000 in the spinner, its fine o3o also think spinning is a good way to transition from a really slow part to a fast part, better than just increasing SV and DS out of nowhere
  12. 06:01:625 (3) - In my opinion, this circle seems to be not visible after 06:01:291 (1) -, so I think players might fail the pattern 06:01:291 (1,2,3,4) . You can try switching places of 06:01:625 (3,4) in order to see the circle, and I think that pattern goes very well for the flow. hmmm i had oko testplay it and he did fine. but then again oko is a god. ill get a few more people to testplay and see o3o
Really fun map, Kihhou! Hope you'll get this ranked early, so here's a star to boost the star priority! Good luck with the map! If you have questions concerning about the mod, don't hesitate on asking them!
yessssssss c: thank you sheellaaa! for the mod and the star~
VINXIS
holee fuk

mod will b here jk making a new post

also ill do that delay fix thing 4 u that u prolly have fixed already lmao
Topic Starter
Kihhou

VINXIS wrote:

holee fuk

mod will b here

also ill do that delay fix thing 4 u that u prolly have fixed already lmao
i dont have it fixed yet LOL ;-; sheela gave me one~
sheela

Kihhou wrote:

sheela901 wrote:

soft-hitnormal7.wav has a delay of 4ms. Please remove that delay to avoid the disqualification. uhh idk how lol so ill leave a note for later o3o and ask someone to help me with it
You can use an audio editing software, like Audacity. But here's one: http://puu.sh/fC8wh/60e87749f7.wav
show more