forum

osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament 2014/2015

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClawViper
Tournament Schedule
Week 1/15th Dec-21st Dec: Winner Bracket Round 1 (16 matches)
Week 2/22th Dec-28th Dec: Break for Comic Fiesta (no matches)
Week 3/29th Dec-4th Jan: Winner Bracket Round 2 (8 matches), Loser Bracket Round 1 (8 matches)
Week 4/5th Jan-11th Jan: Loser Bracket Round 2 (8 matches)
Week 5/12th Jan-18th Jan: Winner Bracket Round 3 (4 matches), Loser Bracket Round 3 (4 matches)
Week 6/19th Jan-25th Jan: Loser Bracket Round 4 (4 matches), Loser Bracket Round 5 (2 matches)
Week 7/26th Jan-1st Feb: Winner Bracket Round 4 (2 matches), Loser Bracket Round 6 (2 matches)
Week 8/2nd Feb-8th Feb: Winner Bracket Semi-Finals (1 match), Loser Bracket Round 7 (1 match), Loser Bracket Semi-Finals (1 match)
Week 9/9th Feb-15th Feb: Grand Final (1 or 2 matches)

Prizes
1st place: 4 months supporter tag sponsored by caleb123456
2nd place: 2 months supporter tag sponsored by [MY] yummy90 XP
3rd place: 1 month supporter tag sponsored by caleb123456

Organisation
Tournament Organiser: ClawViper
Map Selector: [ -Scarlet- ]
Referees: ClawViper, [ -Scarlet- ], ffstar0716, TequilaWolf, wacats
Streamers: wacats, ffstar0716
Commentators: ClawViper, TequilaWolf

Links
Match Schedule
Tournament Bracket
Registration Thread
Mappool Post
Tournament Stream

Ruleset
Tournament Format
1. The osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament is an individual tournament (1v1) with 32 participants.
2. The matches from Week 1 to Week 6 will be played in a Best-of-7 format (First to get 4 points win.)
3. Weeks 7-8 will be played in a Best-of-9 format (First to get 5 points win.)
4. The grand finals (Week 9) will be played in a Best-of-11 format (First to get 6 points win.)
5. The tournament is a double elimination tournament. (A double-elimination tournament is a type of elimination tournament competition in which a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost two matches. It stands in contrast to a single-elimination tournament, in which only one defeat results in elimination.)
6. The tournament uses a veto format, where each player can ban two beatmaps of his choice.

Tournament Rules
1. The beatmaps for each round will be announced by the mapset selector in advance on the Sunday before the actual matches take place. Only these will be used during the respective matches.
2. One beatmap will be given as tiebreaker map. This beatmap will be played when the score is tied at 3-3, and cannot be selected by the players.
3. Players who failed at the end of the map will have their score considered as 0. However, if the player revives before the map ends his score is counted as if he passed the map. If both players fail at the end of the map, the player with the higher fail score will be considered to have won.
4. If the beatmap ends in a draw, no points are added to any side and the beatmap is played again.
5. If a player disconnects, the point will go to the opponent
6. If both players disconnect, it is treated as a draw. (See rule 4)
7. Beatmaps cannot be re-used in the same match.
8. Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a beatmap.
9. If a player does not turn up for the match, the opponent who turned up will win by the score of 4-0.
10. If both players do not turn up for the match, both of them forfeit their match and their opponent in the next round will get a bye.
11. Referees are not allowed to judge their own matches.
12. Unexpected incidents are handled by the referee.

Match Instructions
1. A referee will create a multiplayer room 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Both players must be online and ready. If a player is not online when the room is created, the referee will wait until 10 minutes past the scheduled start time. After that, the player who turns up will win by default.
2. As soon as both players enter the room, each player is free to select a warm-up beatmap.
3. The warm-up beatmap must be under 5 minutes. The referee has the right to reject a warm-up beatmap that is deemed to be inappropriate.
4. After warm-up, both players can ban two beatmaps each from the mappool. Both bans must be used, and the same beatmap cannot be banned twice.
5. After the ban phase, beatmap selection will alternate between each player selecting a beatmap out of the map pool. Banned beatmaps and the tiebreaker beatmap cannot be selected. A single beatmap cannot be picked twice.
6. To determine which player ban and picks first, both players must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer. The player with the higher points will go first in both picks and bans.
7. Unexpected incidents are handled by the referee.

Match Scheduling
1. The match schedule will be determined by the tournament management. All matches scheduled by the tournament management are held on Friday night or the weekends.
2. If a player cannot make it at the time of the match, the player has to take the initiative to inform the organiser and his opponent to rearrange the time or day of the match.
3. The day of the match can only be changed to 1-3 days before or after the schedule match, with the exception of week 1 matches, where delayed matches can be carried into the duration of week 2.
4. If your match time has changed, please send a PM to the tournament organiser. BOTH players have to PM me the day/time of their changed match.
5. If the other player cannot make it on any time but the scheduled time, there will be no change in the match schedule.
6. If there is clear evidence that the other player ignores your request (not reject) and refuses to communicate, that player will be disqualified.

Questions
If you have any questions regarding the tournament, please reply in the thread below or send me a PM. I highly recommend you to read all the rules before asking a question.

Timing Preference on Weekends
Use this thread to state the preference for the time for your match to be held. If possible, the management will schedule your match according to your preference. If you do not post any preference, you are considered to have flexible timing.
Topic Starter
ClawViper
13/2/2015 - The osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament 2014/2015 has come to an end.
I want to thank the sponsors (caleb123456 and [MY] Yummy90 XP), the staff team (TequilaWolf, ffstar0716, wacats, [ -Scarlet- ]) for helping me make this tournament a success. I also want to thank all the participants, as well as the viewers who have continually given their support to the osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament 2014/2015 to make the stream a success. I am proud to be the host of a successful osu! standard competition in Malaysia and I hope I have set the bar for any future competitions.

OMWT Winners

Champion: Rumia-(4 months supporter tag sponsored by caleb123456)

1st Runner-Up: NazzzF (2 months supporter tag sponsored by [MY] yummy90 XP)

2nd Runner-Up: ffstar0716 (1 month supporter tag sponsored by caleb123456)

OMWT Standings
1st place: Rumia-
2nd place: NazzzF
3rd place: ffstar0716
4th place: ClawViper
5th place: caleb123456, L u m i n o u s
7th place: AkoSuminoe, [ Jewel Loli ]
9th place: TequilaWolf, _AI, Conflict, D e s
13th place: [MY] yummy90 XP, Rawn, Talent2find98, onoz
17th place: Spritzer, Rampax, ExPew, Leminine, ZYuan, Yuu-Chii, walaowey, duan100_
25th place: sushipack321, Wilbell, xIcedTea, SolarFox, -Takamina-, Chloe_miku, MoyBei, arebang9462

Tournament Awards
Match of the Tournament: Loser's Bracket Final Round - NazzzF vs ffstar0716 (5-4)

Best Upcoming Player in Malaysia: Conflict

ClawViper's Match Summaries
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Grand Final

ffstar0716's Pick and Ban Statistics
Weeks 5+6
Weeks 7+8
Grand Final
[ -Scarlet- ]

wacats
Hi everyone omg I'm gonna be famous 8-)
SolarFox
Bad news, 1st week I'll have a high chance to be extremely busy irl (go to Miri kali), just to let you know. If I can't attend the first week matches, will it be considered a forfeit?
TequilaWolf

SolarFox wrote:

Bad news, 1st week I'll have a high chance to be extremely busy irl (go to Miri kali), just to let you know. If I can't attend the first week matches, will it be considered a forfeit?
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
owlstalker
Gonna forfeit the tournament (don't ask why :P )
Topic Starter
ClawViper

SolarFox wrote:

Fortunately, there is a break for CF in the second week's matches so there is actually room in the second week for all those who cannot make it on the first week. However, delayed matches can be held no later than CF's weekend.

owlstalker wrote:

Gonna forfeit the tournament (don't ask why :P )
Thanks for informing me, I have removed your name from the list of participants.
Karuta-_old_1
better make an appointment in the morning so no one can see
Rampax
Dam dood
Deskyun2218
zzzz,I am messing around..
ZYuan
!! :o
Mr Capuce
ganbate all :P
Karuta-_old_1

[ Jewel Loli ] wrote:

zzzz,I am messing around..
same, let's hope I can do my best
Karuta-_old_1
are we allowed to ban 2 maps of the same mod? or must it be from different mods?
TequilaWolf

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

are we allowed to ban 2 maps of the same mod? or must it be from different mods?
yup, allowed. you can ban ANY 2 maps from within the pool
ffstar

TequilaWolf wrote:

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

yup, allowed. you can ban ANY 2 maps from within the pool
except for tie breaker
Talent2find98
Is there a warm-up?
And just how many can I do till the legit match starts?

Thanks in advance, unless no one replies..... :?
Topic Starter
ClawViper

Talent2find98 wrote:

Is there a warm-up?
And just how many can I do till the legit match starts?

Thanks in advance, unless no one replies..... :?
Yes, each player can pick one warm-up beatmap of their choice each before the match starts. There is a total of 2 warm-up beatmaps. After that, !roll is used and the real match begins with the ban phase.
Rampax
When is the match starting?
show more