forum

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
Finally.. my first "serious" beatmap!

This is one of my favourite songs, from French electronic duo DAFT PUNK.
They are great. Note that the video has been made by Leiji Matsumoto (Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999).
I you want to know more about the Interstella 5555 project click HERE.

I'm proud of how I edited the mp3 because it's so f****n' perfect..
Some parts are very hard to complete if you don't know the song well.. so.. use the editor to preview it!

Tadaaaan!

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I also included a background in the package if you don't support *.wmv format..

FEEDBACK PLEEZE

nb- correct my english mistakes please..
peppy
Seems like you put a hell of a lot of effort into this one :). I don't have the time atm to learn the song to play it through (I did watch in edit), but it definitely seems like an achievable yet challenging beatmap. Before adding this to the official list, I'd like to release the next build, and edit your osu file so your jpg and wmv layers are both recognised. At the moment, you only have the wmv in the osu file (even if you add the jpg back manually, the current version of osu will screw up the depth and hide the video).
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
After a beta version of the full song..
I made this in a few hours..

I can wait all the time you'll need :lol:
If you plan to add skin support please wait so i'll create an apposite skin for the song.. :P
TB1991
A very hard but very cool song! Love the bg-movie!
meyou22
This song is VERY hard. But as well, VERY fun. And keeps right to the beat.

All in all, good job! (Though an easy version would be nice. =3)
peppy
New version up with the image/video fix, and added to ranking. Lets see if anyone can complete this one :D.
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
I did it twice.. :o

Easy mode is already there.. but I don't know how it works..

EDIT - ok I did it the third time..it's online also..
11 missed thou.. i'm sure someone will beat me soon.. :oops:
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
Ehi! Sorry for double posting..
I used easy mode and I beat my record.. :oops:
eyup
Whoa bravo JacoPop! I love the way you've done this funky song - it reminds me a lot of the map for Jamiroquai in EBA with lots of syncopated beats and double-taps. Awesome!!

eyupz
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
Thanks!
You know your opinion is more important for me!
Tonight i'm gonna beat you! :twisted:
Samet_old
excelent song, I LOVE DAFT PUNK and great edit for the game.

a lil question, on the botom says "video playback failed, check your codecs" what does it mean? does it mean this beatmap has a video but i cant watch, how do i fix this?? please help??

again, GREAT WORK =)
Saturos

Samet wrote:

a lil question, on the botom says "video playback failed, check your codecs" what does it mean? does it mean this beatmap has a video but i cant watch, how do i fix this?? please help??
http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=faq
Chronomaster
Revival!

I'm going to have to be the negative voice on this beatmap. I felt the track was too gimmicky for its own good. Usually, a good track leaves me frustrated that I didn't do better, or gives me the feeling of being challenged to make it (a track I want to go back to because it felt just right). This one, I feel like I'm being cheated out of combo and life repeatedly.

One of the huge gripes I have is that the beat spacing doesn't always correlate with the timing, with even beats spaced out oddly in strange patterns and distance. Overlapping beats were also in strange places where your eye can't catch them even when just sitting back and watching them. The overlapping beats which had odd timings were a small annoyance, if only because you had to get the rhythm amongst a storm of rings not on the spot.

An easier, less gimmicky beatmap would be nice for this song, if only to bring acclimating players up to this extreme level.
Saturos

Chronomaster wrote:

One of the huge gripes I have is that the beat spacing doesn't always correlate with the timing, with even beats spaced out oddly in strange patterns and distance. Overlapping beats were also in strange places where your eye can't catch them even when just sitting back and watching them. The overlapping beats which had odd timings were a small annoyance, if only because you had to get the rhythm amongst a storm of rings not on the spot.
This is one of the main problems with older maps. Timing and spacing were not disputed often, if at all, so older maps are generally horrible compared to recent stuff. Stick to maps made in '08 at least to avoid these issues for the most part. ;x
Chronomaster

Saturos wrote:

Chronomaster wrote:

This is one of the main problems with older maps. Timing and spacing were not disputed often, if at all, so older maps are generally horrible compared to recent stuff. Stick to maps made in '08 at least to avoid these issues for the most part. ;x
Good piece of advice.

I would like to see a variable difficulty if this guy is still around, though. Jumping from pen to mouse, with about a year of downtime isn't great for reflexes. :/
[deleted user]
I'd love to see some more variable difficulty. I love the song, but can't beat it because I'm too green with my mouse after years of neglect from not playing PC FPS's!
Larto
Online Offset: +35
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Uzriel
Genre: Pop
Lolwat?

Also, this map sux (timing, bad notes etc.)
Larto

Uzriel wrote:

Genre: Pop
Lolwat?

Also, this map sux (timing, bad notes etc.)
Because it's very, very old. But I fixed the timing via an online offset, so one thing less to worry about.

And fixed the genre. No, there is no Techno Genre.
show more