forum

Sakamoto Maaya - Kazemachi Jet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KiraCatgirl
I have completed my first beatmap niggas! :D I had a couple of my osu!-playing friends check it out to make sure it wasn't horrible first, as I'm fairly new to osu! specifically, and have never played EBA or ouendan. >.> minecraft inspired!! :D)

Anywho, I hope you like it! owo!! KYAAA~~

***EDIT: I went through and added some sound variety to the beats, on Extor's suggestion, and reuploaded. :3 Otherwise, it is the same.

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/76
Extor
This is your first beatmap?!

I'm very impressed with this one, the timing is great and the variation on the song is awesome.

Good job with this one!
Topic Starter
KiraCatgirl
Thank you very much! :oops: I have to admit I have some experience doing stepfiles for StepMania, which probably helps with the timing. I'm thrilled you like it. :D

Do you have any points of improvement that I should keep in mind for my next map? (Or this one, even, I guess. xD)
Extor
The only thing I can say to you is that you should add different sounds through the song. At the end of it you used whistles and if you do something like that in the whole song it would make it PERFECT.

But right now I can't add anything more. =D

Oh, maybe you can wait until Peppy adds the softer sounds and try with them. I don't really know how to improve this beatmap...
eyup
Great work for your first beatmap! A tip for your next one - use bezier sliders, they look prettier :D Otherwise everything else is top notch!

eyupz
peppy

eyup wrote:

A tip for your next one - use bezier sliders
I'm still considering making this default!!

Edit: Just played this. Well done on your first map :). Adding to ranking!
Topic Starter
KiraCatgirl
Thank you so much~! :D

There are different ways of making sliders? O.o
peppy
Maybe I need to make the editor tutorial/tips thread more obvious. You should have a look at this if you haven't already! Slider algorithms can be changed from the Options menu (I think :p). Try experimenting a bit with bezier for very smooth curves.
JacoPOP
I'm loving it..
It's slow but it doesn't forgive errors!

There's some problems of timing.. maybe it's just the offset!

I've also learned something from this beatmap!
I usually make sequences of hits that follow a (anti)clockwise direction..
You just thought me to create the beatmap around the center using columns and rows..
Thank you!
Topic Starter
KiraCatgirl
peppy, I started watching your tutorial video and went ADD after the timing part. xD;

But oh my gosh, I just realized there's a menu across the top. Like, with actual useful things. Like copy. My life just got infinitely easier. xD;

And thank you Jaco! ^^