forum

E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 10:38:02 PM

Artist: E.S. Posthumus
Title: Pompeii
BPM: 86.98
Filesize: 13569kb
Play Time: 03:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.19 stars, 197 notes)
  2. Normal (3.96 stars, 313 notes)
  3. Hard (4.77 stars, 412 notes)
Download: E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Epic, no?

Edit: Timing seemed a bit off, changed the offset.

Edit 2: Added an easy mode.
chan
downloading now and will try it out when i get home in like 10 hours
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Bumptastic. :P
chan
Sorry dude~
Everything seems fine to me, although I just played through the one difficulty. Will go through the other 2 right now.

On closer inspection, I think the offset sounds better at 12,477. This would apply for all difficulties. You might want to run the offset by another mod, since I've been having some offset problems recently, but if you think it sounds better at my suggestion, then that's fine.

Easy and normal both bubble-able

Hard
00:52:10 (1) - bit of a jump?
02:28:85 (5,6) - spacing a bit inconsistent in relation to slider length. This pattern also occurred earlier in the beatmap.

In general it looks like you switch distance spacing quite a bit in hard. It's not terribly bad (since the song is well timed and the rhythm is repeated quite a bit) but in general there are some pretty big jumps between combos and also spacing ranges from quite large to quite small.
I'd prefer if you were to use one constant spacing through your entire difficulty, and it'd be even better if it matched the slider velocity. I'm a bit undecided about spacing like this, thoughts?
Saturos
I had no issues with spacing in Hard. While it does vary quite a bit, it remains consistant within sections and similar sections. The only issue I possibly have is the 00:52:10 (1) - jump, but I'm fine with it as is.

Also, I come up with an offset of 12,459. 477 was a tad late, and your current 447 is a tad early.

Overall, nice work as usual. ;x
Topic Starter
Mifune24
Thanks a lot guys. :D

Saturos' offset seemed better, so I chose that. I increased the slider velocity on Hard and rebuilt the map from scratch (much better map all around, methinks). Spacing is now 100 percent fair and square.
James
w0w... Cool music.

/me Bubbles.
Saturos
I kinda had fun with the old spacing. ;x

Oh well, this map is just as good. /me ranks.
James
I LOVE this map. Really nice...

Gummy Bear is still better for me though...
gummygummygummygummygummybear~
Topic Starter
Mifune24
I'm a jolly bear, cause I'm a gummy bear.

Really glad you like it, James. Had a lot of fun making it. :D

And thanks for the rank peoples.
YourAverageJoe_old
Why am I seeing cutscenes from the worst Sonic game since Sonic R in the background?
Topic Starter
Mifune24
To get on your nerves.
Duoprism
Good thing I play with video off for lag reasons. :P
Saturos
It's still an epic map, regardless. ;x
Duoprism
Surprisingly easy for a Mifune map though. (FCed it first try)