forum

Makiko Noda - Long Dream [STORYBOARDED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 at 8:13:55 PM

Artist: Makiko Noda
Title: Long Dream
BPM: 130
Filesize: 10353kb
Play Time: 02:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Face The Noise (1.16 stars, 122 notes)
  2. Erase The Noise (4.04 stars, 239 notes)
  3. Hush The Noise (4.72 stars, 358 notes)
  4. Crush The Noise (4.98 stars, 429 notes)
Download: Makiko Noda - Long Dream
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Another TWEWY awpmap. This one's the "main" battle theme, Long Dream. I quite like it.

SUBMITTAL 1: Just Easy. As always, I'll add a background, skin elements, Normal, Hard and Ultimate. I think I might do something a little creative with the background instead of just using the same one as always. Saturos, double check offset plz so we can argue about it in ORC =3

SUBMITTAL 2: Normal's up. Renamed Easy to Face, Normal is Erase. Hush The Noise (Hard) and Crush The Noise (Insane...I think it's Crush) still to come. And backgrounds, sound, skin elements. Maybe I'll add a bit more of the skin to this one as a bonus for everyone supporting the cause.

SUBMITTAL 3: This is the big one! I've decided to stop hoarding this beatmap to myself and make it available to the public. All four difficulties are now complete. In addition to these four difficulties, I decided to step it up and storyboard this beatmap. There's over 120 elements storyboarded in nearly 400 lines of scripting. Enjoy it.

SUBMITTAL 4: Intro storyboarded. Still have the outro to do, and it's too quiet, so I might add some sounds in. I have to call it an early night and I'll be afk until Sunday most likely so this won't be done until Sunday night. I promise, we'll see this ranked on Sunday (assuming mods aren't lazy~)pff

SUBMITTAL 5: Storyboard's done for Intro AND Outro, but I'm getting a sound glitch on the outros past the first word bubble, so the audio isn't completely scripted for the outros yet. Very close to being done though.

SUBMITTAL 6: It's done.

SUBMITTAL 7: I forgot the reduction storyboarding lol. That's in, now. Now it's done.

Really.

I mean it this time.

NOTE TO MODS: Do not rank this yet unless a public build came out the June 29th weekend.
Saturos
Offset is fine for once. So is everything else.

You better fail big time in the other difficulties so I can bitch about something.
hunnykilla
Neat difficulty names, no problems(i think) in easy and normal. Can't wait to hush the noise.
LuigiHann
All good so far. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Remco32
I'm already loving it ;)
Keep it up awp!
Topic Starter
awp
Yes now that TWEWY skin is done I can get back in on this and storyboard the fuck out of it
Dakeyrus
Mmm awpmaps... Can't get enough of em :)
Topic Starter
awp
Yay it's done.

Holy shit a lot of work required to storyboard a beatmap. A LOT.

x_x

btw if you downloaded this in the past with just the two difficulties, delete that shit and redownload.

Download: Makiko Noda - Long Dream.rar
Topic Starter
awp
section pass and fails in case your osz is old and didn't come with them. Extract to song's root directory.

Download: passfail.rar
peppy
Offset 386 feels better to me.

Hard
00:26:23 (1,2,3,4) - Spacing inconsistency

Love the storyboard.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
If I pressed a spinner in Nancy the Tavern Wench, in this song, I spun a circle.
peppy
Don't rank this until awp gets a chance to talk with me :).
Topic Starter
awp
Don't rank this until new public release actually, I think?

MY MAPPING SKILLS ARE BEYOND THAT OF YOUR FEEBLE PUBLIC BETA 337b

going to finish'er off tonight. One dialog revision (from local copy not uploaded~) and sfx for storyboard and we're good to go.
James
change awp's nick to Mappermaster1234

delete this afterwards
Topic Starter
awp
viewtopic.php?p=25232#p25232

for me for later since I forgot
James
MY MAPPING SKILLS ARE BEYOND THAT OF YOUR FEEBLE PUBLIC BETA 337b
can you map using osu file only awp?

anyways when can i bubble this thing?
Sinistro

James wrote:

when can i bubble this thing?
Follow my lead.
Saturos

Sinistro wrote:

Follow my lead.
Kay.
neosoni
omg this is the best beatmap i ever played, did an awesome work with this, i love the animation in the background, youre the best :D ;)