forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Unsubmitted maps inherit setID from folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MEGAtive
Problem Details:
When I'm trying to upload my map, I've warned by the client that I'm trying to upload someone else's map. But clearly you can see I'm not.

When I try to compare my .osu with my other unsubmitted, I got something.
While you can check My mapset .osu, check My other unsubmitted one. You can see there's a difference in the "BeatmapID" and the "BeatmapSetID".

Then, I go to the beatmap that has that ID Number. And it lead to This map.

I already tried to change my map ID and SetID, but it keeps generating the number that leads to other maps.

This make me pretty upset, since I already spent my time mapping and I just ended uploading my other beatmaps.

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
Wingman626

MEGAtive wrote:

Problem Details:
When I'm trying to upload my map, I've warned by the client that I'm trying to upload someone else's map. But clearly you can see I'm not.

When I try to compare my .osu with my other unsubmitted, I got something.
While you can check My mapset .osu, check My other unsubmitted one. You can see there's a difference in the "BeatmapID" and the "BeatmapSetID".

Then, I go to the beatmap that has that ID Number. And it lead to This map.

I already tried to change my map ID and SetID, but it keeps generating the number that leads to other maps.

This make me pretty upset, since I already spent my time mapping and I just ended uploading my other beatmaps.

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)

this is weird, try a new ID and see if the problem happens again?

(since you said you've been generating IDs that have been already taken, i have a hunch [ive been having those a lot lately {the hunch,not the taken IDs}])
Topic Starter
MEGAtive

wingman626 wrote:

this is weird, try a new ID and see if the problem happens again?

(since you said you've been generating IDs that have been already taken, i have a hunch [ive been having those a lot lately {the hunch,not the taken IDs}])
I tried. It's still the same. And I tried to reset the ID and the SetID to 0 and -1 just like my other one. Still no luck.

And I found that even I changed the ID, somehow the ID still unchanged (Same as before).
Wingman626

MEGAtive wrote:

I tried. It's still the same. And I tried to reset the ID and the SetID to 0 and -1 just like my other one. Still no luck.

And I found that even I changed the ID, somehow the ID still unchanged (Same as before).
im thinking that the formula thats used to create "X" number of I.D.s for each beatmap could be capped. same thing was happening when we were doing the switch between ipv4 to ipv6. that is my theory that i am thinking right now. but if a mod or dev can clarify on that, as of right now; i dont know whats going on.

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Ok time to make a new mapset and copy timing points and map ponits and mewow
um... care to make some sense of what you just said?

i think your talking about making a new beatmap and just copy everything all over? which i think that might work. OP can try
Topic Starter
MEGAtive

Microsoft Vista wrote:

Ok time to make a new mapset and copy timing points and map ponits and mewow
Already tried that before. No luck there.
VeilStar
If your beatmap folder starts with numbers... delete those numbers.
(And do the ID thing in addition.)

Other than that all I can say is upload the mapset somewhere so that we can have a look at it to see what's wrong.
Topic Starter
MEGAtive

VeilStar wrote:

If your beatmap folder starts with numbers... delete those numbers.
(And do the ID thing in addition.)

Other than that all I can say is upload the mapset somewhere so that we can have a look at it to see what's wrong.
I already checked that too. The folder didn't have those number.

Well, I always upload it on osu!mp when my slot is full. Just go there if you want to take a look at it....
VeilStar
I couldn't see anything wrong either.

All I can suggest is making a new mapset (so that it's definitely created by you) and copy/pasting stuff from the difficulties over.

Unless someone can figure this out...
Senritsu
why not redling it from osu!mp then upload it to osu!
i downloaded it from osu!mp, rename the creator to mine and i can upload it just fine
.osu from osu!mp shows this

or just dl one from osu!mp, keep the old ver
then copy+paste the timing points hitobject etc from the downloaded to the old ver (in case you do smth to your map)
it should work just fine i guess
Topic Starter
MEGAtive

Senritsu wrote:

why not redling it from osu!mp then upload it to osu!
i downloaded it from osu!mp, rename the creator to mine and i can upload it just fine
.osu from osu!mp shows this

or just dl one from osu!mp, keep the old ver
then copy+paste the timing points hitobject etc from the downloaded to the old ver (in case you do smth to your map)
it should work just fine i guess
Will try later. Still away atm.
machol30
Hello, I am experiencing the same issue. I mapped this while offline under a different name. I changed the creator name and did everything suggested here. Fortunately, I got to the point where I could upload. I didn't, because I wanted to move other files to the new folder (hisounds, bg, sb elements). Unfortunately, after I did that, I could not upload. So I tried the same exact thing twice, and I'm still experience the same issue all the way through. The .osz for my map can be found here.

Thank you,
Daniel
Deimos

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue. I mapped this while offline under a different name. I changed the creator name and did everything suggested here. Fortunately, I got to the point where I could upload. I didn't, because I wanted to move other files to the new folder (hisounds, bg, sb elements). Unfortunately, after I did that, I could not upload. So I tried the same exact thing twice, and I'm still experience the same issue all the way through. The .osz for my map can be found here.

Thank you,
Daniel
delete the old map, download this http://puu.sh/h2Nnf/0ffa9e9a83.osz, and try it again to upload it
machol30
Okay, it worked. Thanks a bunch! :)
TheVileOne
The fix for this issue is not straight forward. Use the workaround solution in the meantime.
machol30
Okay, so apparently, it has happened again with this other map. This time, though, I mapped it on my account. I'm not sure how I can work around this one.

.osz

Edit: Okay, I've got a workaround now. Sorry for this redundantly useless post.
ReeZ
I still have the problem that osu says that the beatmap isn't owned by me. I changed the beatmap ID and set ID to zero but it changes back. In the notpad file my name is set as creator. Why does it say that it's not my map? Please help
luigithehunter
Hay ReeZ hast du schon einmal versucht deinen Namen nach dem erstellen der Beatmap in OSU in der Datei nichtmehr umzuändern danach ging es beimir nähmich #:)
smoogipoo
Resolved in the latest Cutting Edge build.