forum

Catherine Warwick - Pollyanna (I Believe In You)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 11:19:37 AM

Artist: Catherine Warwick
Title: Pollyanna (I Believe In You)
BPM: 116.98
Filesize: 8654kb
Play Time: 03:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.35 stars, 116 notes)
  2. Normal (2.31 stars, 221 notes)
  3. Hard (4.73 stars, 350 notes)
Download: Catherine Warwick - Pollyanna (I Believe In You)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
In this beatmap, K-S-O discovers the awesomeness of distance snapping.

This map is set to the song Pollyanna, performed by Catherine Warwick. The song originated from the Earthbound games, known as Mother in Japan. This version of the song was released by Nintendo when the original NES game came out in Japan.

I had fun making this map and I hope you guys have as much fun playing it.
Behon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Tapdancingmetroid
Great song. :D
Anyway, the only problems I can find are the sections like the ones at 1:14:75 and 2:49:13 (hard difficulty), where the small distance between the first note and the triplet throws me off...
Also, I find the large slider tick rate in the easy beatmap a little annoying, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, I highly recommend you record yourself playing this and submit it for starmen.net's "PK Tubin" contest.

Edit: forgot to star the beatmap. sorry. :oops:
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I actually considered submitting this to PK Tubin'. I just need to figure out how to record and compress a video out of this.
James

peppy wrote:

fraps vdub
I see nothing wrong in this (I wish all submitted maps are like this, nothing to complain at)

/me bubbles
Echo
Great maps! I'm kinda nitpicking here, but,

Easy - consider changing slider tick from 4 to 2? I think it sounds better at 2
Hard - 01:13:47 (7,8,9,10) - possibly move slightly lower so that the distance from 6 to 7 is more like the other spacing?

Also I'll change to star until you decide whether you can get a video or not, just so no one accidentally ranks it without a video if you decide you want one.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Eh, I won't be making a video. I tried using FRAPS and it slows down my computer, doesn't record any longer than thirty seconds, and only plays sound when I test the videos. Now I don't want to bother with trying to record videos for a while. If any mods want to rank this, go ahead.
James
/me bubbles it again.
Tapdancingmetroid
Rank'd. :D
NessOnett_old
This song is great! I love it <3 ^_^

The beatmap is really nicely laid out, by the way.

Take it from an Earthbound fan ^_~
Claudia_old

NessOnett wrote:

was that really necessary

i can understand if you had something constructive to add to the thread, but you don't so...what the fuck man.
Andrea
Heart fixed.

Nice necro btw~
LuigiHann

E-Hooker wrote:

NessOnett wrote:

i can understand if you had something constructive to add to the thread, but you don't so...what the fuck man.
If somebody posted nice happy things about one of my maps from two years ago, I'd be happy to see it. Let it be
Ekaru

E-Hooker wrote:

NessOnett wrote:

If you want to praise a map, regardless of the map's age, you post in the map's thread. He did exactly what he was supposed to do. A beatmap's thread is like the comment section of a youtube video and not like a traditional thread. (We'll still give you crap if you post just to complain about Cross Time, though) Also, since we're on the topic...

I LOVE THIS BEATMAP! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3