forum

Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakura
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 2:50:37 PM

Artist: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin
Title: Colorful x Melody
Source: Team MOER
Tags: Vocaloid Garven Krisom Derekku Chan minato RyuuseiP doriko OSTER project diva Sakura301
BPM: 185.2
Filesize: 17983kb
Play Time: 02:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Derekku's Rhythm (4.31 stars, 271 notes)
  2. Garven's Harmony (2.07 stars, 162 notes)
  3. Krisom's Color (4.94 stars, 346 notes)
  4. My Melody (4.66 stars, 377 notes)
Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody
Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Ok so i decided to try a Vocaloid song, so here i am XD
Special Thanks to Krisom for hitsound help

7/19: Added Derekku's diff and moved to Pending
8/24: Added Video
8/26: Added my old username to tags
Krisom
I'm stalking you.
I'll add an Insane if you allow me.
Oh, I'll mod this asap.
Download: soft-hitclap.rar
EDIT3: Redownload
Garven's offset sounds much better to me. Oh, if you do any changes to your Kiai Times saku, do them on my diff too please.

Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody (Sakura301) [Krisom's Color].osu
Garven
Self-nazis~

I like my offset better. Try it on the other diffs and see if there's any improvement for yas.
I also end my kiai differently - have a look and see if you like it. Having it end on the blue tick is just kind of weird to me.
Diff name is eh, but it'll do. If you have some sort of theme, feel free to change to it whatever you wish.

Quickie mod:

[Saku]
00:22:220 (2) - This feels weird going against the vocals. Start it on the white tick.
00:50:568 (5) - You sure this slider is ending where you want it to? Sounds better at the white tick.
00:58:667 (1) - You sure you want to end it there? Feels better on the white tick.
01:01:745 (1,3) - This part in the music is the best excuse to put in jumps - even small ones.
01:11:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - You and your stars, haha.
01:58:278 (1) - Same as before.
02:00:384 (6) - Uh, move to white tick.
02:03:462 (1) - Yeah
02:28:084 (4) - I'd like this slider better if it went with the vocal. :/

[Kris]
00:25:460 (2) - Goofy lookin' return arrow positioning.

Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody (Sakura301) [Garven's Harmony].osu
Topic Starter
Sakura

Garven wrote:

I like my offset better. Try it on the other diffs and see if there's any improvement for yas.
I also end my kiai differently - have a look and see if you like it. Having it end on the blue tick is just kind of weird to me.
Diff name is eh, but it'll do. If you have some sort of theme, feel free to change to it whatever you wish.

Quickie mod:

[Saku]
00:22:220 (2) - This feels weird going against the vocals. Start it on the white tick. Fixed
00:50:568 (5) - You sure this slider is ending where you want it to? Sounds better at the white tick. Fixed
00:58:667 (1) - You sure you want to end it there? Feels better on the white tick. I thought it wouldnt be +2000 but guess it is
01:01:745 (1,3) - This part in the music is the best excuse to put in jumps - even small ones. I didnt want to use jumps
01:11:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - You and your stars, haha. Yeah me and my stars
01:58:278 (1) - Same as before. Fixed
02:00:384 (6) - Uh, move to white tick. Fixed
02:03:462 (1) - Yeah Fixed
02:28:084 (4) - I'd like this slider better if it went with the vocal. :/ wth? it goes with the vocal o.o
I also like ur offset and ur kiai end
Derekku
*Offset feels perfect (1,622), but Sakura's diff has a different offset than the others.
*Since the offset is good, please snap uninherited sections (mainly kiai) to the tick they should be on (nazi mod).
*Make sure tags are the same in each diff (e.g., garven and krisom's names). "Project Diva" could be added as well.
*Vocaloid is NOT a source. Add "Vocaloid" to tags and use "Team MOER" as the source (this is the team of creators for this song). I suppose you could add the list of creators "minato, RyuuseiP, doriko, OSTER project" to the tags as well (I know that doriko is pretty popular by himself). If you add both "project diva" and "oster project", you can just omit the one duplicate "project".
*Preview point feels a bit late. Try 52647 instead (make sure to do this on each diff / Krisom's wasn't even set)

PS: I haven't forgotten about my diff. :p
Topic Starter
Sakura

Derekku Chan wrote:

*Offset feels perfect (1,622), but Sakura's diff has a different offset than the others.
*Since the offset is good, please snap uninherited sections (mainly kiai) to the tick they should be on (nazi mod).
*Make sure tags are the same in each diff (e.g., garven and krisom's names). "Project Diva" could be added as well.
*Vocaloid is NOT a source. Add "Vocaloid" to tags and use "Team MOER" as the source (this is the team of creators for this song). I suppose you could add the list of creators "minato, RyuuseiP, doriko, OSTER project" to the tags as well (I know that doriko is pretty popular by himself). If you add both "project diva" and "oster project", you can just omit the one duplicate "project".
*Preview point feels a bit late. Try 52647 instead (make sure to do this on each diff / Krisom's wasn't even set)

PS: I haven't forgotten about my diff. :p
I thought i changed the offset on my diff o.o adjusting kiai times, etc too, i did forget about the tags tho, ok i'll try that preview point.

Edit: Ok i noticed that after doing mass substract of ms to the offsets of timing sections it ended up on 1626 instead of 1622

Edit 2: Ok everything fixed i think
Derekku
I had a lot of fun mapping this <3 I hope that you like it!

PS: Don't forget to add me to tags :p

Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody (Sakura301) [Derekku's Rhythm].osu
Topic Starter
Sakura

Derekku Chan wrote:

I had a lot of fun mapping this <3 I hope that you like it!

PS: Don't forget to add me to tags :p
Nice i like it =P
dvorak_old
map are good

bpm 185.186
Topic Starter
Sakura

dvorak wrote:

map are good

bpm 185.186
I would like more confirmation first, because BPM change would sometimes screw a map up, and i've heard that i should try to use flat numbers? >_<

Edit: Nvm gonna use yours now

Edit 2: According to Derekku the old one was better, so switching back
Derekku
Yes, usually songs use "flatter" numbers, but that's not always the case. However, you should always wait for a second (or third) opinion when changing the bpm/offset if you're not sure of it yourself. The other contributors and I tested the timing and said that it was fine, so to take someone's timing that doesn't even have any beatmap experience (no offense) is a bit confusing to say the least. xp

Like I mentioned in chat, the slower bpm screws the offset up by ~10ms towards the end, so it's really unnecessary.
Topic Starter
Sakura

Derekku Chan wrote:

Yes, usually songs use "flatter" numbers, but that's not always the case. However, you should always wait for a second (or third) opinion when changing the bpm/offset if you're not sure of it yourself. The other contributors and I tested the timing and said that it was fine, so to take someone's timing that doesn't even have any beatmap experience (no offense) is a bit confusing to say the least. xp

Like I mentioned in chat, the slower bpm screws the offset up by ~10ms towards the end, so it's really unnecessary.
Yeah sorry about that =X oh well at least i didnt break anything
Derekku

Sakura301 wrote:

at least i didnt break anything
Yep. Better to get things like this out of the way now rather than later. :p
dvorak_old
Derek, check it again and again with 25%

am using 2nd period sound of 4/4 beat to define bpm and it is obviously fast at the end of song on .200

my opinion .186 , asked PSPDS and he said .184
so .185 will fit.
PSPDS Eddie
nice song :)
banvi
I like this song (Vocaloid) <3
Garven's
00:41:308 (2) ummmm... look test play. I'm anxious because this circle overlaps with HP score bar.
01:36:222 (1) remove new combo?
Derekku's
00:40:822 (2,3) umm.. put on (8)?
01:54:041 (4) 1 grid right?(grid lv3)
Saku's
oh, grid lv4 lol
00:23:490 (5) put on (3)?
00:37:583 (9) 1 grid right?(grid lv4)
00:44:872 (2,4) 2 grid down?
01:37:842 (2,3,4,5) 4 grid up?
01:52:907 (4) 1 grid up?
02:02:464 (2,3) 1 grid right?
02:02:788 (4,5) 1 grid right & 1 grid down?
Krisom's
Beautiful & pretty map. great!! :)

nicemap overall
I hope thismap become ranked soon. ;)
Derekku

banvi wrote:

Derekku's
00:40:822 (2,3) umm.. put on (8)?
Check in test mode and you'll see why it's done on purpose. :p

@timing: I don't understand how you (@dvorak and PSPDS) are getting values that are in 0.001 increments. Do you realize how little significance that makes? Like I said, the difference between .185 and .200 is also minimal, but we could argue about this all day. :X
Topic Starter
Sakura

banvi wrote:

Saku's
oh, grid lv4 lol
00:23:490 (5) put on (3)? O
00:37:583 (9) 1 grid right?(grid lv4) O
00:44:872 (2,4) 2 grid down? O
01:37:842 (2,3,4,5) 4 grid up? O
01:52:907 (4) 1 grid up? O
02:02:464 (2,3) 1 grid right? X Actually better to move (3) 1 grid left i think
02:02:788 (4,5) 1 grid right & 1 grid down? X

nicemap overall
I hope thismap become ranked soon. ;)
dvorak_old
@Derek
It is easy to find out .001 bpm difference in 3min flat song.
If there is 10%, it will be easy to define .001 on 10sec part , but sadly it is not in osu!edit yet like 8/6 or 5/4 beat.

I know ranked song created by BAT which have 0.004 mistake at 1st 12seconds part.

The difference isn't problem who can't realize , but it is obv for who can realize.
Garven

banvi wrote:

Garven's
00:41:308 (2) ummmm... look test play. I'm anxious because this circle overlaps with HP score bar.
01:36:222 (1) remove new combo?
Hrm, rotated that first set, and I'm keeping the combo change.

Download: Hatsune Miku & Kagamine Rin - Colorful x Melody (Sakura301) [Garven's Harmony].osu
show more