Filesize: 2596kb
Play Time: 02:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.63 stars, 174 notes)
  2. Hard (4.84 stars, 470 notes)
Download: Perfume - Chocolate Disco
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
BAH Its not like me to abandon my own beatmap.

EDIT:
Changed the mp3 of the song, lowered the volume.
Remade hard, since people don't like the old one.
Normal added.

Still no bg image, too lazy to look for one.

EDIT: Fixed timing.
peppy
* Soft soundset is too soft (sound is too loud) - please decrease the mp3 volume.

00:05:02 (3,4,5,6,7) - spacing (between 4 and 5)
01:20:02 (4,5,6,7) - should end on 1/2, sounds weird
01:50:84 (4) - that section is WAY OUT OF TIME - the offset for this section is wrong (and doesn't match the rest of your timing sections). Should be 82833 according to the last section.
02:07:81 (1) - found this section a bit random!

Overall the map feels too crowded on the half-bpm sections. Not my style, I guess.

p.s. I found the offset to be 320. Use this as a base and time your other sections.
Topic Starter
James
If I follow your timing and stuffs and I can't play and enjoy it? Whats the sense of mapping it?

Maybe my pc was fucked up after I reformat my pc and installing other drivers. Oh well.

/me abandons it for now.
Rolled
The offset fix does make this map sound a lot better. I was going to blame the BPM. Glad peppy got to it first. But about some of the other things:

00:05:02 (3,4,5,6,7) - spacing (between 4 and 5)
I've thought about this long and hard and I don't really see this section as flawed. The whole combo here has equal spacing, and when broken down its like this:
quarter beat between 1 and 2, quarter beat between 2 and 3, 1/8th between 3 and 4 (stacked), quarter between 4 and 5, 1/8th between 5 and 6 (stacked), 1/4th between 6 and 7.

So all the "jumps" (meaning non-stacks) are equal on the timeline and therefor should be equal on the playing field. Feel free to correct me if I'm misinformed though.

01:20:02 (4,5,6,7) - should end on 1/2, sounds weird
I see what you were doing there James. I've seen similar things done before and I've done it before myself. Just to give the map some variety and something interesting. I think it sounds fine either way so doesn't bother me.

01:50:84 (4) - that section is WAY OUT OF TIME - the offset for this section is wrong (and doesn't match the rest of your timing sections). Should be 82833 according to the last section.
Agreed. But I think all the offsets need to be altered anyway.

02:07:81 (1) - found this section a bit random!
It is random indeed. But I don't have a problem with this either.

Also about the beatmap being crowded during half BPM sections, I agree. I think it is okay for a hard map but maybe if you decide to make a harder difficulty it could have a steady BPM and spacing similar to what you already have (in the 128 sections) Maybe even larger.

But anyways, thanks for giving the song a whirl James. I know it can be hard to fulfill requests. When I beatmap a song, I find it accidentally and just say to myself "holy shit this will make an awesome beatmap." I can start to picture the combos in my head and everything :P But when you take a request it basically takes all of that away. So it can be rather hard.

But overall I still think you did a nice job on this. Looking forward to when you decide to pick it up again :)
Topic Starter
James
I won't change my universal for the sake of timing out ONE song perfectly.
This is my 6th change of universal (0, -20, -10, 4, 40+, 20) <<< broken pc? maybe.
I'm too tired of changing it and adjusting my whole playstyle.

EDIT:
Whats with the multiple bpm?
I noticed that the maps I made are look like the same... So I decided to make it like this.
peppy
Seriously, try 320 offset - I got my universal wrong the first time but it should sound pretty good at 320 for you too. PLZ DONT LET THIS SONG DIE TWICE!
Topic Starter
James
BAH I was editing it before you mention that one.

I changed hard since you guys don't like "Good Luck"-ish map (multiple bpm)
NOT AS EASY as before (easy 5mil is the old hard)
Rolled
Well first of all I like it better than the old one :P But one of the main reasons I wasn't a fan of the old one was because of the clutter and it is back with a vengeance in this one.

I've said to you on irc that I think stacks would be a lot better than streams when it comes to the quick notes. I'm not really a fan of hitcircles overlapping unless they are stacked. Creates clutter, etc. I stacked up the first section of this song just to see how you/anybody else feels about it. I tried to keep your patterns and everything as much as I could.

You are welcome to hate it or love it. Won't offend me at all :P

But as for the map you've created, I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't like how the loud whistles sound is this though. I think you should stick a different sound. Could be random or whatever, just don't really like how the loud whistle sounds.

But I'm going to star this for now since you put up with peppy's and my complains and you clearly put a lot of effort into this.

Download: Perfume - Chocolate Disco (James) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
James
About that .osu file you uploaded:
That was the first version(all streams were stacked), since you guys dont like the "easy" score, and stacking those notes for me is considered "easy" so I made them non stacked. I still won't change it. Heck, I can even all 300 that first part even the timing is off for me. :P
So I guess its fine.

About that loud whistle, I toned down the volume for now since I don't have an idea what to replace on it. Maybe you have a suggestion to replace the whistle?

EDIT: Still no bgimage! Cant find a decent one...
Saturos
I'm a bastard for letting one of my favorite unranked maps rot without posting on it.

This is awesome. /me bubbles
peppy
Fix the drain rate on hard. I died with a 129x combo....

Normal:
01:17:20 (4,5,6,7,1,2) - YUCK
Topic Starter
James
i toned down the drain by a bit but didnt changed the 01:17 part
Hitoshirenu Shourai
That...

Ranked.
hunnykilla
As soon as someone full combos hard, ill put a video up for this map, too addicting!
machol30

Nakao wrote:

As soon as someone full combos hard, ill put a video up for this map, too addicting!
Saturos: first to FC and S Rank
buraimaster1234: second to FC and S Rank.

just about a half hour after rank'd? ;)

and indeed, it is addicting! :)
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
James
CHO-KO-LE-I-TO DISCO!!
...repeat 3000x
peppy
Grats on this song being ranked. I wasn't too fond of hard at first, but with the new drain levels it is actually quite fun to play.
Topic Starter
James
I S'd it, with bad timing.
I guess I won't play it again...
LeMoonwalker
I really like that map.
Thanks for your work. ;)
show more