forum

Chicks Dig Giant Robots - FINAL VERSION + Hard mode.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Name: Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Artist: Deathwish Nine (The band changed their name to this awhile after the song.)

Difficulty: Normal. (Not really, I had a hard time choosing between normal or hard. It's slightly above normal, but once you get the hang of it, it's beatable.)

Video: Yes, it's got video. It's in Xvid format, not .flv. I couldn't get .flv's working correctly by configuring my FFDshow video config yet.

Info:
I just made this for fun, so it's not the full song. Just the theme song version. Anyways, my other one that I'm working on, Phenomenon, is much better then this, considering I've been working on it for awhile now. (I made this one in nearly three hours.)

The video is slightly out of sync, but oh well. Like I said, this wasn't really serious work. It's still fun though, enjoy!

EDIT: Fixed timing.

EDIT 2: Fixed BPM, Fixed timing, added a hard mode, tested for hours. X_X

Download Final Version
Extor
Hi there!

The beatmap is great and the placement of notes is awesome, but I think there is an issue with the timing. I couldn't get a proper one because I can't hear the drums too much. :S
Try to see if you can change the BPM (and maybe the offset). And resnap all the notes.

About the difficulty level, you hit it right it isn't that hard to be hard, and it isn't so easy to be normal, but normal suits the beatmap better.

Cya!
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Yeah I noticed the problem not long after I uploaded it. I changed the song to the same one with better quality, so that may have messed up the timing.

As for BPM, I'm having trouble tapping at the exact spots. It's close, I think.
Anyways, this new one should fix most of the problem.

Download version2 - (Outdated)
Extor
I still see a bit off the first part of the song (around 1/3 of it) the rest is way better now.

Probably it's me that I don't know the song. XD
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
I noticed that, I re-did most of the song in the same way, and got the BPM as corect as I possibly can.
Also, I added a harder mode. It sounds perfect now, so unless I overlooked a beat that's out of sync, then I would say this is the final version.

Download Final Version
I don't need to make a package for each mode, I hope.
ultimatechakra
To Extor: It's actually a theme song to Toonami's original show, Megas XLR. You probably might know that show. If you don't, I'm OK with it. I'm not a big fan of it either. But the song is awesome.
Extor
Here I am again!

Yeah, I know it's from there, BUT I live in Argentina and there is another song instead of that one in Cartoon Network. :/

Normal difficulty is excellent right now. Congrats!
Hard has only a simple issue, in the 27 seconds part, you need to place the notes 1/4 beat more.

I also forgot about this in my other posts. When you upload again the song, only upload the .osu file and don't change the name of it so it overwrites the last one. If you now upload a new version, only attach the .osu of the hard one in your post and upload the whole .osz with the same file name you used before. Because we don't need the other 2 versions and people can still download them if they have the link.

That's all!
ultimatechakra
This beatmap could be better if there is a full version of this song.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX

Extor wrote:

Here I am again!
Hard has only a simple issue, in the 27 seconds part, you need to place the notes 1/4 beat more.

I also forgot about this in my other posts. When you upload again the song, only upload the .osu file and don't change the name of it so it overwrites the last one. If you now upload a new version, only attach the .osu of the hard one in your post and upload the whole .osz with the same file name you used before. Because we don't need the other 2 versions and people can still download them if they have the link.

That's all!
I'll keep those tips in mind, right now, however, I'm working on another song. So I'll fix this one sometime later.
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Been a day since last post. (I'm usually only here on weekends, this week's a rare case.)
Anyways, here's the updated .osu file for hard mode. Should fix the problems.
I tested it again a couple of times and it seems fine now.

EDIT: I DID IT WRONG.
I'll attach the .osu in the post instead, stupid me... >_>
Sorry 'bout that.

EDIT 2:
This forum needs a double post button, so we can merge our posts when we post a day or so apart.

Download: Deathwish Nine - Chicks Dig Giant Robots (GuardianHX) [Hard].osu
Extor
Ok. I think this one deserves to be in the official list. So, if there is any objections, we will fix it, but until that...

*adds to the online rankings* (Will take a few mins)
Topic Starter
GuardianHX
Really? I didn't expect a theme song to make it into the listings!
Wow, thank you so much!
Extor
We can call it an "opening" if you look it in some way. And there are lots of them here.

Anyway, don't thank me, the beatmap doesn't have anything bad to NOT be in the rankings.

Cya!