forum

Excel Girls - Ai (Chuuseishin)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinistro
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 25 January 2009 at 17:21:52

Artist: Excel Girls
Title: Ai (Chuuseishin)
BPM: 121.75
Filesize: 24362kb
Play Time: 01:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.6 stars, 86 notes)
  2. Excel (4.95 stars, 278 notes)
  3. Normal (3.76 stars, 147 notes)
Download: Excel Girls - Ai (Chuuseishin)
Download: Excel Girls - Ai (Chuuseishin) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Tenth beatmap. This is the opening from the Excel Saga anime. Anyone who's watched it for any amount of time will know that Excel = Insane to the max, so in that difficulty, for once, I've decided to test the limits of the beatmapping guidelines. For example, beat spacing increases gradually from 1.0 to 1.5, at a few points spacing is overridden temporarily and at two points the map follows a person's cough. However, I hope I have gauged the frequency and magnitude of these dirty tricks so that the version is very challenging instead of unfair/unpassable. Obviously, this is a delicate balance, so comments and suggestions are especially appreciated this time around. I hope you enjoy this beatmap!

UPDATE: Drain lowered from 9 to 7.
UPDATE 2: Audio sample volume lowered to 50%.
UPDATE 3: Finally compromised offset to 3,540
UPDATE 4: No video background colour changes, nudged hit circle at 53:80 in Easy 1/4 backwards (Thanks Gemi)

James
Uhh notes are not snapped to the timeline? I only checked up on Excel though.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
The orchestra hits are snapped to 1/6, if that's what you mean. They don't sound good on other divisions.
James
ah ok
Rolled
Excel is very borderline unpassable. On my fourth or so run through it, I ended up dying with 0 X's. Just a few 50's. If all it takes is some 50's to die, when the spacing starts getting huge towards the end an X will be instant-KO easily. So I suggest lowering the drain to ensure this is actually passable before getting ranked.

I have no problems with other difficulties though.
LuigiHann
Starring this.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I only have one problem with this: The beats seem to overpower the music. I think it'd be better if you lowered the sample volume to about half. Otherwise, rankable.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Well.
I say, F this map. F for FABULOSU!
This map is brilliant. Normal is fun, and Excel owns your arse in about 20 different ways. I say this deserves immediate rankage.
Another success from Sin.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
I almost always forget to change the volume. :?
Ok, sample volumes have been lowered to 50%.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Duoprism
Timing is off.

A LOT.

Unranked by peppy.

Try 3606ms for offset.
Topic Starter
Sinistro
After some testing with peppy, agreed on offset 3,540 (close to the original).
peppy
Yep, this seems fine now. Ranking again :).
Zerostarry
*cough*
ygogito
SEXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO