forum

LindaAI-CUE - Norudon2000 [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Freitag, 15. April 2016 at 12:51:26

Artist: LindaAI-CUE
Title: Norudon2000
Source: 太鼓の達人
Tags: taiko no tatsujin
BPM: 200
Filesize: 6246kb
Play Time: 02:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2,55 stars, 314 notes)
  2. Inner Oni (5,05 stars, 885 notes)
  3. Kantan (1,98 stars, 214 notes)
  4. Muzukashii (2,7 stars, 452 notes)
  5. Oni (4,22 stars, 772 notes)
  6. Ura Muzukashii (3,62 stars, 615 notes)
  7. Ura Oni (5,04 stars, 944 notes)
Download: LindaAI-CUE - Norudon2000
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Time for Namco song, huh? Difficulties are harder than usual.
Credit goes to Sayaka- who was so kind to allow using his files.
Funny BG montage by _Gezo_..

Kantan 4☆ / Futsuu 5☆ / Muzukashii 6☆ / Ura Muzukashii 7☆
Oni 8☆ / Inner Oni 10☆ / Ura Oni 10☆

Modder: Aldwych, _Gezo_, lolcubes(timing), OzzyOzrock
OzzyOzrock
BUY SOAP
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
In all these months I tested the spread, and it should be fine now. Difficulties are also appropriate now. And additional to this, I fixed the broken slider in Ura Oni.
Also I added don-chan into the skin!
Aldwych
Even if the spread might be good, according to the ranking criteria :

The lowest difficulty must be below 2.0 stars.
I don't think that reducing the whole SR is a good idead (enven a 2.00 kantan is not shocking with 200bpm), maybe add a baby taiko diff?
Vulkin
whats a norudon
OzzyOzrock
rank when...
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

OzzyOzrock wrote:

rank when...
Once I'm done with refining. Ah... already 5 months passed with all the refinements... lol

Added a new Oni (atm named Katai Oni) for a better spread between Oni and Inner / Ura Oni. Even though it is allowed to have the spread I had, for my taste it was a too high jump, and I want everyone to enjoy this!
Aldwych
Mod as requested IG.
This will be the real test if i can go for BN for not Kappa

[General]

As i already said earlier, the lowest should have under 2.0stars. I guess we can have a clean diff under, but let's see the set itself!
Teh widescreen support is enable. D:

[Kantan]

00:05:088 : The patterns are decent itself, but i'm not sure about the k placements (on this section) sometimes they are on 1/2, and some on 1/1, i would go for the 1/1 since they are on big tick. I may think the players would be like "wtf I didn't got it?"
00:19:788 : Futsuu and muzu has a break here, so you should delete this note. Plus that would make a consistent pattern, and... it sounds well /o/
00:24:588 : Right now the pattern is a bit long moreover on a 200 BPM, maybe a delete here? That would also make the next d sweeter.
00:38:088 : Why this pattern is different from the others? It doesn't sounds bad either but i don't know why?
00:40:038 : Going with 1/2 on kantan, moreover with 200 BPM sounds risky. I can accept tho.
00:45:288 : Most of the time, your patterns are repetitive. So how about moving this to d and follow next pattern?
00:53:088 : Woot? Even futsuu don't have this. Spem for newbies xD
01:00:588 : Imo, i would move this k to 00:58:488 : That will make the whole section easier to play.
01:43:145 : Add a d here? The next k is a bit alone D: Up to you tho.
02:04:936 : You may move this k to 02:03:736, this will make a similar pattern as 02:00:136.

Generally it's not that bad But aaaa with the fast bpm and these 1/2 it's kinda normal to be on 2.0 SR. I think we can have a cleaner map. But dem that sounds hard to make a proper map on this D:
Also watch out on some mistakes, some of them are obvious imo.

[Futsuu]

00:01:788 : On kantan, you added oftenly a k, and here on futsuu you should add too. Tbh regarding on the next pattern, i don't know why there's no k here. OR if you want to keep like that, the k at 00:06:588 have to be at 00:07:788 instead if you want to be consistent.
00:29:838 : I don't think you did a nice choice with this d here. Not only you break the curent pattern with this double, but you're not consistent with the next patterns. Instead you should have a d at 00:30:138 would be better and seems like 00:34:488.
00:35:838 : Same reason, why not a k at 00:36:138 instead?
00:45:888 : Why a K here? I found no reasons for that. Instead i would prefer a kd at 00:45:588 in order to continue the previous rythm and make a similar rythm pattern like at 00:40:038
01:17:388 : I would for a delete here, because kepping a 2~3 /1 break is good since you have some complex pattern here.

The kiai is nice for me.
Less to say, just to point some rythm structures.

[Muzukashii]

00:04:488 : There's a strong beat here, and it souds weird this break, moreover with the rythm you put earlier on. So i would add a d here.
00:34:188 : Even without looking forward on what you did, i strongly feel that a K would be awesome here. Plus you did it after on the section delimiter (00:38:988).
00:45:738 : I feel like there's missing some notes. And in order to follow the previous pattern rythm i would go for kddddk instead. you can delete the solo note after (or keep the d at 00:46:638).
00:55:188++ : It's up to you, but moving this k 1/2 earlier is worth due to the vocals.
01:05:388 : Somehow i don't really understand completly your mapping style, but this kD feels a bit alone, you oftenly have pair rythm pattern or a style like, so it seems a bit alone imo. D:
01:27:288+ : Just as an opinion. Overall it sounds good but quite technical. I'm curious about further opinions about it. Howerver since it's a really clean section for a muzukashi, that shouldn't be a problem.

Others part are ok for me. Nice rythm. It reminds me some plays on TnT by the rythm and the structure.

[Ura Muzukashii]

00:48:588 : That shouldn't be d instead? Both patterns will be symetrical.
00:55:338 : Since the next note is not a D, there no real reason to get a 3/2 break here. So i would add a d here imo. Plus it is the only 3/2 break around and after, it seems akward.
01:06:288 : Why not a D? Compare to what we have before, this is a bit strange.
01:22:638 : This kind of melody completely deserve a k. Really D:
01:23:838 : Same.
01:31:573 : That could be hard for an Ura muzukashi since you have changement on rythm and BPM, but i let you the judgment.
01:34:788 : You should add a d here, the next similar patterns have a d too, let's be more consistant o/ .
01:55:486 : You may add a k aswell, it makes the next D more impact imo.
02:01:636 : In terms of lengh, it is ok, but i don't understand why you put twice a triple here where the previous similar patterns has just one triple. But in terms of vocals, it's sounds decent tho, so it's just a questionable pattern structure imo.
02:15:586 : I would add a d here just to make it similar to the previous pattern (except for the K).

How a diff can be so easy and have 3.64 SR while le disco's Oni is way more technical in terms of patterns and got 3.02 SR. Tom judge so high the 170 ~ 220 bpm value it's so Huge!

[Oni]

00:39:288++ : In terms of structure, you put your doubles differently compared to the Ura muzukashii and your Inner Oni but same as Ura Oni, that's strange and i'm curious about that. Also your Ura muzukashi is harder here than the Oni, which is a problem imo. Maye some restructure here can be good.
00:55:338++ : I playtested the Ura muzu then the Oni and i was like "wtf how?" the gap is huge between them because the Ura is clean and got breaks while the Oni doesn't but also the Inner Oni and Ura Oni don't have that. Like woooooot did you do Ono?
00:56:688 : The majority diff of the set got some k here. YOu should have some here too imo.
00:57:438++ : Well, same as @55 sec. :> Curiously i passed it not with that ease but still D:
01:32:612 : I missed here! D: Even in Muzu too, demn this previous stream. I think this is the result of 1/6 then 1/2 after. Maybe.
02:05:236 : Compared to the Ura M and Inner O, this should be there D:

Sorry i didn't checked all in deep.
I playtested the diff and i like it, it plays so cool without OD troubles that i can have on other maps. But the problem is the difference between Ura Muzukashii and Inner/Ura Oni, it's like it has been done by someone else because it's completely different and some parts / patterns are way harder than Uras/Inner Diff. You may need to look and compare. That shouldn't take you too much time but you'll find lot of issues imo.

[Inner Oni]

00:22:338 : That may be a pointless thing but compared to 00:18:588, the double 1/2 is placed differently, the are placed on white - red while here it's the reverse.
00:27:963 : I don't think it's necessary to have a k here imo. It sounds better without too.

Nothing else found which is shocking. I'm not a pro a judging inner too D:

[Ura Oni]

00:15:288++ : Well that's not shockiing that Ura has less SR than inner, this part has less triples, but you have instead Finishers, which is harder to read, but "easier" to play.
00:34:563 : For this kind of part i would go (since we're on The higest diff) for a quint triple triple quint rythm structure, so you can add a d here and at 00:38:313 for example. It sounds decent and good imo.
01:15:663 : Compared to what we have a bit before, that shouldn't be here.
01:25:938 : I heard a bit this part and i don't find the difference in term of battery to make a escalate d (1/2 -> 1/4 -> 1/6).
02:05:161 : Compared to the begining of the kiai (i mean, 01:59:386), there some missing triples here i think (02:05:911 here too).

And that's all i could see

Waaaaa finished.
I need a Doko2000 now.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

Aldwych wrote:

Mod as requested IG.
This will be the real test if i can go for BN for not Kappa

[General]

As i already said earlier, the lowest should have under 2.0stars. I guess we can have a clean diff under, but let's see the set itself!
Teh widescreen support is enable. D:

[Kantan]

00:05:088 : The patterns are decent itself, but i'm not sure about the k placements (on this section) sometimes they are on 1/2, and some on 1/1, i would go for the 1/1 since they are on big tick. I may think the players would be like "wtf I didn't got it?"
00:19:788 : Futsuu and muzu has a break here, so you should delete this note. Plus that would make a consistent pattern, and... it sounds well /o/ While it doesn't matter that other difficulties have no notes their, it doesn't sound better which is why I change it.
00:24:588 : Right now the pattern is a bit long moreover on a 200 BPM, maybe a delete here? That would also make the next d sweeter. It will probably happen more often that I decline such suggestions because, even though it is BPM 200, the song is still very intense with its varrity of sounds. So even though it might bit a bit harder than an usual Kantan, I see no need in changing short patterns constellations when they fit to the song and the level of Kantan. Afterall, it is very simple and only one longer 1/2 in 25 seconds.
00:38:088 : Why this pattern is different from the others? It doesn't sounds bad either but i don't know why? Followd pace of vocal since it is very significant here. Non the less, I actually change this part a bit for variety.
00:40:038 : Going with 1/2 on kantan, moreover with 200 BPM sounds risky. I can accept tho. Same like before, and there is a longer rest moment before.
00:45:288 : Most of the time, your patterns are repetitive. So how about moving this to d and follow next pattern? Possible. But I followed the pace of the vocal again. Noote: The pace, not the vocal itself. Higher vocal -> used kat; lower -> used don.
00:53:088 : Woot? Even futsuu don't have this. Spem for newbies xD Should be fine as well. It is monotonically mostly. And beside that, has nothing to do with Futsuu. Futsuu doesn't have them since its patterns overall are harder than Kantan, and requiere a break.
01:00:588 : Imo, i would move this k to 00:58:488 : That will make the whole section easier to play.It's a d k d k beat with the intention of having rise of notes. Changing it suddenly would make patterns more monoton again.
01:43:145 : Add a d here? The next k is a bit alone D: Up to you tho. I thought about this so often, but after a 1/4 slider I rather wanna keep a break here.
02:04:936 : You may move this k to 02:03:736, this will make a similar pattern as 02:00:136.It's again a rise of notes from k d to kkd.

Generally it's not that bad But aaaa with the fast bpm and these 1/2 it's kinda normal to be on 2.0 SR. I think we can have a cleaner map. But dem that sounds hard to make a proper map on this D: Well the thing is, it is not prohibited to use 1/2 in a Kantan. It's rather about how you use them. While I agree that the BPM is high on 200, it shouldn't disallow to use short monotonically 1/2 which are not very hard. The reason for having 2.0 is mainly because of the 2.0, but not patterns itself.
Also watch out on some mistakes, some of them are obvious imo.

[Futsuu]

00:01:788 : On kantan, you added oftenly a k, and here on futsuu you should add too. Tbh regarding on the next pattern, i don't know why there's no k here. OR if you want to keep like that, the k at 00:06:588 have to be at 00:07:788 instead if you want to be consistent. Used the second point. Guess you are right.
00:29:838 : I don't think you did a nice choice with this d here. Not only you break the curent pattern with this double, but you're not consistent with the next patterns. Instead you should have a d at 00:30:138 would be better and seems like 00:34:488. I understand the concern. Have to think about it, really. The thing is I am also having an eye on the vocal. On first dd the singer sings more while afterwards the one d at 00:34:488 (1) - represents the stretched higher vocal.
00:35:838 : Same reason, why not a k at 00:36:138 instead? Pretty much the same. Indicating how vocal goes.
00:45:888 : Why a K here? I found no reasons for that. Instead i would prefer a kd at 00:45:588 in order to continue the previous rythm and make a similar rythm pattern like at 00:40:038 Changed it according to your suggestion.
01:17:388 : I would for a delete here, because kepping a 2~3 /1 break is good since you have some complex pattern here. Hm. Alright, I guess you are right. they are complex, indeed. But I also used abekobe in following patterns since it becomes very monotonically.

The kiai is nice for me.
Less to say, just to point some rythm structures.

[Muzukashii]

00:04:488 : There's a strong beat here, and it souds weird this break, moreover with the rythm you put earlier on. So i would add a d here. Deleted one instead.
00:34:188 : Even without looking forward on what you did, i strongly feel that a K would be awesome here. Plus you did it after on the section delimiter (00:38:988). Disagree here because the finisher would stand pretty much alone here. And actually I didn't wanted to make the patterns longer as they already are.
00:45:738 : I feel like there's missing some notes. And in order to follow the previous pattern rythm i would go for kddddk instead. you can delete the solo note after (or keep the d at 00:46:638). Didn't understand exactly what you ment, but I used kddk instead. lol
00:55:188++ : It's up to you, but moving this k 1/2 earlier is worth due to the vocals. Wow, didn't noticed that. But tbh it feels way more unnatural when following it in that way. Maybe because I played the map too often?
01:05:388 : Somehow i don't really understand completly your mapping style, but this kD feels a bit alone, you oftenly have pair rythm pattern or a style like, so it seems a bit alone imo. D: Used it because of the vocals here. The kat before the D should give the D an higher impact since it is a big contrast.
01:27:288+ : Just as an opinion. Overall it sounds good but quite technical. I'm curious about further opinions about it. Howerver since it's a really clean section for a muzukashi, that shouldn't be a problem.

Others part are ok for me. Nice rythm. It reminds me some plays on TnT by the rythm and the structure.

SPOILER
[Ura Muzukashii]

00:48:588 : That shouldn't be d instead? Both patterns will be symetrical.
00:55:338 : Since the next note is not a D, there no real reason to get a 3/2 break here. So i would add a d here imo. Plus it is the only 3/2 break around and after, it seems akward.
01:06:288 : Why not a D? Compare to what we have before, this is a bit strange.
01:22:638 : This kind of melody completely deserve a k. Really D:
01:23:838 : Same.
01:31:573 : That could be hard for an Ura muzukashi since you have changement on rythm and BPM, but i let you the judgment.
01:34:788 : You should add a d here, the next similar patterns have a d too, let's be more consistant o/ .
01:55:486 : You may add a k aswell, it makes the next D more impact imo.
02:01:636 : In terms of lengh, it is ok, but i don't understand why you put twice a triple here where the previous similar patterns has just one triple. But in terms of vocals, it's sounds decent tho, so it's just a questionable pattern structure imo.
02:15:586 : I would add a d here just to make it similar to the previous pattern (except for the K).

How a diff can be so easy and have 3.64 SR while le disco's Oni is way more technical in terms of patterns and got 3.02 SR. Tom judge so high the 170 ~ 220 bpm value it's so Huge!

[Oni]

00:39:288++ : In terms of structure, you put your doubles differently compared to the Ura muzukashii and your Inner Oni but same as Ura Oni, that's strange and i'm curious about that. Also your Ura muzukashi is harder here than the Oni, which is a problem imo. Maye some restructure here can be good.
00:55:338++ : I playtested the Ura muzu then the Oni and i was like "wtf how?" the gap is huge between them because the Ura is clean and got breaks while the Oni doesn't but also the Inner Oni and Ura Oni don't have that. Like woooooot did you do Ono?
00:56:688 : The majority diff of the set got some k here. YOu should have some here too imo.
00:57:438++ : Well, same as @55 sec. :> Curiously i passed it not with that ease but still D:
01:32:612 : I missed here! D: Even in Muzu too, demn this previous stream. I think this is the result of 1/6 then 1/2 after. Maybe.
02:05:236 : Compared to the Ura M and Inner O, this should be there D:

I playtested the diff and i like it, it plays so cool without OD troubles that i can have on other maps. But the problem is the difference between Ura Muzukashii and Inner/Ura Oni, it's like it has been done by someone else because it's completely different and some parts / patterns are way harder than Uras/Inner Diff. You may need to look and compare. That shouldn't take you too much time but you'll find lot of issues imo.

[Inner Oni]

00:22:338 : That may be a pointless thing but compared to 00:18:588, the double 1/2 is placed differently, the are placed on white - red while here it's the reverse.
00:27:963 : I don't think it's necessary to have a k here imo. It sounds better without too.

[Ura Oni]

00:15:288++ : Well that's not shockiing that Ura has less SR than inner, this part has less triples, but you have instead Finishers, which is harder to read, but "easier" to play.
00:34:563 : For this kind of part i would go (since we're on The higest diff) for a quint triple triple quint rythm structure, so you can add a d here and at 00:38:313 for example. It sounds decent and good imo.
01:15:663 : Compared to what we have a bit before, that shouldn't be here.
01:25:938 : I heard a bit this part and i don't find the difference in term of battery to make a escalate d (1/2 -> 1/4 -> 1/6).
02:05:161 : Compared to the begining of the kiai (i mean, 01:59:386), there some missing triples here i think (02:05:911 here too).

Waaaaa finished.
I need a Doko2000 now.
Will check the rest soon!
Yuzeyun
If I ever find a way to change the pic so it displays 小野 on the train, I swear.

[Kantan]
00:53:088 (1,2,3,4,1) - While you say your main argument is that the pattern is monotonous, the ending has a different colour than the rest, which may result as a confusion for newer players. After all, the time spacing between notes is 150 ms, and some new players are being taught the basics. However, I'm not asking you to change or anything yet. I'll ask newer players about it, if this is too much to handle or not (sample based on a spectrum of new players)
01:55:486 (1,1,2,1) - This goes as well - but on a smaller scale.

[Futsuu]
00:33:288 (1,2,3) - Since you structured that phrase around double notes, I feel like kkk k / k kkk is more appropriate.
00:44:388 (1,1) - Nudge these 1/2 forward? As it stands now, it's a very awkward pattern.

[Muzukashii]
00:04:638 (4,5) - This double is really awkward, imo.

[Muzukashii (Ura)]
02:13:786 (1,2,1) - I would recommend switching this triplet to kkk - the same audio cue can be heard on 02:04:186 (1,2,3) - which is kkk. Additionally, it is the only instance of a kkd in a pattern longer than 2 full beats.

Also, uhhh yeah add "taiko no tatsujin" in tags
lolcubes
I have little doubts about the timing.
Once I get home and can use my real PC I will recheck it. I am 100% sure the final offset is wrong though, but need to see for how much and where exactly is starting to be off.

edit:

01:27:288 - From this point, things are off a little. This and every other timing section after it require +7 offset. Don't forget to omit the first barline here.
SPOILER

Change into the following:

P.S. hitsound volume at 100% is a little loud, 85%?
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

Aldwych wrote:

SPOILER
[Ura Muzukashii]

00:48:588 : That shouldn't be d instead? Both patterns will be symetrical. That would be actually a great idea! But I find the clash(?) i mapped to too significant and wouldn't like to ignore it at all.
00:55:338 : Since the next note is not a D, there no real reason to get a 3/2 break here. So i would add a d here imo. Plus it is the only 3/2 break around and after, it seems akward. It was intentional since the kats become longer after every stanza: kk -> kkk -> kkkk. I also find it fitting to the vocal. But might be just me.
01:06:288 : Why not a D? Compare to what we have before, this is a bit strange. Had an idea about this, but I think you are right. It's strange, indeed.
01:22:638 : This kind of melody completely deserve a k. Really D: I have to check this anyway. I just noticed it is much harder than Oni's constellation. loool
01:23:838 : Same. ^
01:31:573 : That could be hard for an Ura muzukashi since you have changement on rythm and BPM, but i let you the judgment. I will leave that, because I see the danger of making spread to Oni higher as more serious one.
01:34:788 : You should add a d here, the next similar patterns have a d too, let's be more consistant o/ . I deleted instead the note at 01:39:930 for consistency purpose. Else, this becomes too long. I uses longer 1/2 patterns in Ura Muzu compared to Muzu, but I should take care not too overtake it too much.
01:55:486 : You may add a k aswell, it makes the next D more impact imo. Mainly because of personal prefernece I would like to keep it. But also didn't want a longer pattern either even tho 1 note isn't much.
02:01:636 : In terms of lengh, it is ok, but i don't understand why you put twice a triple here where the previous similar patterns has just one triple. But in terms of vocals, it's sounds decent tho, so it's just a questionable pattern structure imo. It is a mapping element again; rising the amount of notes on a similar stanza.
02:15:586 : I would add a d here just to make it similar to the previous pattern (except for the K). Must decline this as well, since I've put the K as single notes in the whole kiai. Additionaly, I decreased the use of notes as well, from 02:11:236 to 02:17:086 .

[Oni]

00:39:288++ : In terms of structure, you put your doubles differently compared to the Ura muzukashii and your Inner Oni but same as Ura Oni, that's strange and i'm curious about that. Also your Ura muzukashi is harder here than the Oni, which is a problem imo. Maye some restructure here can be good. Yeah you are kinda right. I Changed it a little. Made Muzu and Ura Muzu a little easier. They fit perfectly to the Inner spread. Oni can be seen as addition here. Somewhat.
00:55:338++ : I playtested the Ura muzu then the Oni and i was like "wtf how?" the gap is huge between them because the Ura is clean and got breaks while the Oni doesn't but also the Inner Oni and Ura Oni don't have that. Like woooooot did you do Ono? Yeah, I still have to find a solution for this. As you said in your conclusion, this diff is like someone else made it. And yeah, I use a totally different style here, or at least mapping way. That's why sometimes certain parts like this one a harder. I'm thinking about to switch it with Uras patterns. Have to see. lol
00:56:688 : The majority diff of the set got some k here. YOu should have some here too imo. Dispite what I said above, I won't do such changes. Beside spread stuff, I never compare diffs with each other when it's about their patterns. I also see it as wrong when doing so. Every difficulty has its individuel patterns which work together in their own way. Other difficulties can't any influence here as long as you didn't mapped mainly to a songs beat. But then it would be like making an Oni and deleting more note in every difficulty.
00:57:438++ : Well, same as @55 sec. :> Curiously i passed it not with that ease but still D: As I said above.
02:05:236 : Compared to the Ura M and Inner O, this should be there D: Hm. In density it is similar to Inner. But Inner has more odd patterns like dkk, while Oni contains the more usual one. And ddddkkkkd is actually very easy.

I find it funny, because I have the exact same thinking even tho I did it on purpose. I made so many difficulties here, and after some time my patterns repeated themself. So I thought about making an relatively easy Oni, but with mostly different patterns. That's why things like the d spam happened which are imo very nice and easy to play, but overthrow the system of Ura Muzu and Inner. Haha - So yeah, I will check that for sure! But glad you like it. I like it too.

[Inner Oni]

00:22:338 : That may be a pointless thing but compared to 00:18:588, the double 1/2 is placed differently, the are placed on white - red while here it's the reverse. Tbh, no idea. Guess I have to check it again. Just happened to be like that. Kinda mixed it up with the vocals, my own ideas and certain beats in the song I guess.
00:27:963 : I don't think it's necessary to have a k here imo. It sounds better without too. Yes, I agree!

[Ura Oni]

00:15:288++ : Well that's not shockiing that Ura has less SR than inner, this part has less triples, but you have instead Finishers, which is harder to read, but "easier" to play. Yeah, though it's because tom can't make finisher be recognized as such.
00:34:563 : For this kind of part i would go (since we're on The higest diff) for a quint triple triple quint rythm structure, so you can add a d here and at 00:38:313 for example. It sounds decent and good imo. Oh, this one I have to check several times. MIght be a good idea.
01:15:663 : Compared to what we have a bit before, that shouldn't be here. Right.
01:25:938 : I heard a bit this part and i don't find the difference in term of battery to make a escalate d (1/2 -> 1/4 -> 1/6). Personal way of making it escalate I guess. The thing is, I wanted to make it emphasize more but without having longer patterns or finishers as I always do. So I went for this solution since it isn't that hard either and actually very consistent and logically placed. At least pattern wise.
02:05:161 : Compared to the begining of the kiai (i mean, 01:59:386), there some missing triples here i think (02:05:911 here too). That's because of the finishers. Finishers > tripplets

Waaaaa finished.
I need a Doko2000 now.
Decent mod, really. Helped me in many aspects. The only thing I don't understand is why you compare patterns from diff to diff. I can understand doing it for maps which are mainly following the beat of a song where you requieres a good ear to place notes right, but everything else is mostly pattern dependent as in how it plays, looks and sounds. The composition of it in short.

Thank you! Will check Gezo's when he is done and lolcubes mod soon, too. I was surprised to see Gezo and lolcubes here!

_Gezo_ wrote:

SPOILER
If I ever find a way to change the pic so it displays 小野 on the train, I swear.

[Kantan]
00:53:088 (1,2,3,4,1) - While you say your main argument is that the pattern is monotonous, the ending has a different colour than the rest, which may result as a confusion for newer players. After all, the time spacing between notes is 150 ms, and some new players are being taught the basics. However, I'm not asking you to change or anything yet. I'll ask newer players about it, if this is too much to handle or not (sample based on a spectrum of new players) Hm... well, many people mentioned this pattern. So maybe it is better to change it, even tho I think it should be fine.
01:55:486 (1,1,2,1) - This goes as well - but on a smaller scale.

I wonder if I just should make an easier Kantan as Sandwich suggested and rename current one to Ura Kantan. Might be the best afterall.

[Futsuu]
00:33:288 (1,2,3) - Since you structured that phrase around double notes, I feel like kkk k / k kkk is more appropriate. I'm not really found of this since I wanted to make patterns easier but also have a contrast in this section. A contrast between 1/2 and 1/1.
00:44:388 (1,1) - Nudge these 1/2 forward? As it stands now, it's a very awkward pattern. Guess I improvised too much haha, changed.

[Muzukashii]
00:04:638 (4,5) - This double is really awkward, imo. Sandwich said the same, so I changed it now.

[Muzukashii (Ura)]
02:13:786 (1,2,1) - I would recommend switching this triplet to kkk - the same audio cue can be heard on 02:04:186 (1,2,3) - which is kkk. Additionally, it is the only instance of a kkd in a pattern longer than 2 full beats. Oh, you are right.

Also, uhhh yeah add "taiko no tatsujin" in tags Added!
Surprise mod from you. Thank you really much!
I just wonder if I should make the additional easier Kantan. Seems to be appropriate.
DakeDekaane
Although I support 1/2 in Kantan when appropriate, I find that kkkkD a bit excessive and doesn't let the big note sound that strong, imo. Probably just remove 00:53:538 (4) - so it gives a little breather and emphasis for that note. The pause would also help to make the musical change a bit more clear. A full break after the spinner would fit better, but this is my personal opinion.

Besides that pattern, current difficulty seems appropriate. I feel an easier one would take the soul out of the song.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Used the new timing and Dake's suggestion. Won't make an easier difficulty afterall since I think in the same way.
Only setting I want to keep is the 100%. I find it appropriate for such strong song. Thank you!

I'm also done with everything on my side.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Everything done.
Yuzeyun
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Thank you really much Gezo!
OzzyOzrock
[General]
  1. THE LAST THREE NOTES SOUND MORE LIKE D D D OK.
[Inner Oni]
  1. 02:07:758 (1,1) - kd flows a lot nicer coinsidering that if with the kkdk, you basically have dk 4 times.
[Ura Oni]
  1. 01:44:970 (1,2,3,1) - I'm not hearing this in the song. Not against it, but mentioning it in case you mistook the sound for 1/6.
  2. 02:09:708 (2,1,1,1,2,3,1) - This plays really poorly. I did a bunch of testing, and changing 02:10:308 (3) - to dd is a lot better.
[Oni]
  1. 00:31:835 (2) - Delete (or the one 2 later)? The next verse has a break among the notes when the woman's singing.
  2. 01:21:635 (1) - Delete? I know that deleting notes like 01:16:835 is done in order to create a unique rhythm (could also involve the 5plet), and I allow it a lot in higher diffs, but I think here it just looks weird that only one of these phrases has a note missing. It should either be that 01:16:835 has a note or that there is a note removed later like suggested.
  3. 01:32:327 - And I won't even mention how weird I think it is for you to switch to a really simple rhythm here after mapping to the bubble sounds.
    And at the last kiai, the middle two of the long note chains are the harder ones. That's really weird. Isn't it customary to have the last phrase be the hardest, since the map builds up into it and the player would rely on adrenaline to hit the final difficult phrase?
[Ura Muzukashii]
  • WHAT!? I BARELY SAW THIS AFTER FINISHING THE MOD. However, Muzukashii is still extremely easy so my points still stand
  1. 00:39:335 (1,2) - and 00:40:535 (1,2) - YOU KNOW THESE CAN ONLY BE d _ kk k d. YOU KNOW. THIS SUCKS. CHANGEEEEEE.
  2. 01:47:756 - More notes through this part? Maybe use this in Muzukashii, and then add some 1/2 here in Ura Muzukashii.
[Muzukashii]
  1. OD 5 PLEASE? I let 5 slide on Oni because of the map being fast and dense, but here 5 should definitely exist because not only does the player really start caring about accuracy at Muzukashii level, but 4 is just too easy .
  2. 00:02:885 and 00:07:685 - Add a note? I don't think breaks this frequent are needed when Oni is dense and there are literally 2 more breaks coming up.
  3. 00:17:285 and 00:22:085 - Exactly the same thing here. Spread is really hurt because of this.
  4. 01:41:327 (1,1,1) - This part could use more notes if we're looking at Oni, no?
  5. 01:58:833 and 02:03:633 - Same as before. Oni is mega dense. Same for the second half too, but that's tricker because it seems the note would go at
  6. 02:10:833 instead lol.
[Futsuu]
  1. 00:46:385 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1) - Surely this can be made to not be so similar to Muzukashii and cater towards Kantan?
  2. 01:47:756 (1,2,3,4) - I'm sure Muzukashii can handle some 1/2 in the middle.
[Kantan]
  1. 00:52:985 (1,2,3) - Okay, cool, but only Kantan really has something like this.
  2. 01:52:983 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1) - I don't like how this is bordering harder than Futsuu. Maybe dd or just less notes?
  3. 02:11:433 (2) - Delete? This second half is the longest chain in the song, so a break is nice. Hardly affects difficulty and in fact brings it more in line to how the other diffs build up difficulty.
Nwolf
Norukat hype
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito

OzzyOzrock wrote:

SPOILER
[General]
  1. THE LAST THREE NOTES SOUND MORE LIKE D D D OK. SORRY. NOT SORRY.
[Inner Oni]
  1. 02:07:758 (1,1) - kd flows a lot nicer coinsidering that if with the kkdk, you basically have dk 4 times. Well, this was actually intended, but I guess I can roll with that.
[Ura Oni]
  1. 01:44:970 (1,2,3,1) - I'm not hearing this in the song. Not against it, but mentioning it in case you mistook the sound for 1/6. I wasn't sure about it anyway. I used this pattern because of the original TNT map.
  2. 02:09:708 (2,1,1,1,2,3,1) - This plays really poorly. I did a bunch of testing, and changing 02:10:308 (3) - to dd is a lot better.You are absolutely right.
  3. Btw. 01:31:899 (1) - I removed that 1/6. In the past I thought there is a longer 1/6, but that was wrong. Should be better in this way and doesn't throw off player.
[Oni]
  1. 00:31:835 (2) - Delete (or the one 2 later)? The next verse has a break among the notes when the woman's singing. Made a longer 1/2 intentionally, but just now I releaized I am missing a finisher. So I delete it and made note 00:31:685 (1) - to a K for consistency with upcoming finishers.
  2. 01:21:635 (1) - Delete? I know that deleting notes like 01:16:835 is done in order to create a unique rhythm (could also involve the 5plet), and I allow it a lot in higher diffs, but I think here it just looks weird that only one of these phrases has a note missing. It should either be that 01:16:835 has a note or that there is a note removed later like suggested. I can explain: Beside unique-pattern-use, I also made the use of gap more frequent by shorten the lenght of the patterns more and more from 01:12:785 to 01:17:585 -. That changes in the second part of this section where the amount of notes rises at 01:19:985 - and makes it have a little more impact. What else I tried to achieve with it? Well, to be honest, it's just how I felt it would work to the song and stanza. If there is a problem with it, i guess I could think of something else. But personally like it (maybe because I got used to it).
  3. 01:32:327 - And I won't even mention how weird I think it is for you to switch to a really simple rhythm here after mapping to the bubble sounds. Not sure. How about I make a K out of the kkkk? But then spread might be a bit high here, since Ura/Inner have long 1/6.
    And at the last kiai, the middle two of the long note chains are the harder ones. That's really weird. Isn't it customary to have the last phrase be the hardest, since the map builds up into it and the player would rely on adrenaline to hit the final difficult phrase? Changed. You can check and tell me what you think. Not very similar to previous parts, but the last stanza in the kiai is the most odd one in all diffs anyway, because I follow Namco's way here.
[Ura Muzukashii]
  • WHAT!? I BARELY SAW THIS AFTER FINISHING THE MOD. However, Muzukashii is still extremely easy so my points still stand
  1. 00:39:335 (1,2) - and 00:40:535 (1,2) - YOU KNOW THESE CAN ONLY BE d _ kk k d. YOU KNOW. THIS SUCKS. CHANGEEEEEE. This time I must disagree. I guess for one it is really odd. But the way you suggest doesn't follow the sound(it's a bell I guess), which is on every redline placed. And the additional kat, which makes this a doublet, is for supporting the vocal but also pretending the sound on every redline is echoing / resounding. (oh god, do you understand what I mean? lol)
  2. 01:47:756 - More notes through this part? Maybe use this in Muzukashii, and then add some 1/2 here in Ura Muzukashii. Oh man, that's actually a big issue I made spread wise. Fixed!
[Muzukashii]
  1. OD 5 PLEASE? I let 5 slide on Oni because of the map being fast and dense, but here 5 should definitely exist because not only does the player really start caring about accuracy at Muzukashii level, but 4 is just too easy . Fine.
  2. 00:02:885 and 00:07:685 - Add a note? I don't think breaks this frequent are needed when Oni is dense and there are literally 2 more breaks coming up. Okay.
  3. 00:17:285 and 00:22:085 - Exactly the same thing here. Spread is really hurt because of this. I hope it won't be too hard for players. But I guess okay, since those are just single notes which get added.
  4. 01:41:327 (1,1,1) - This part could use more notes if we're looking at Oni, no? Okay.
  5. 01:58:833 and 02:03:633 - Same as before. Oni is mega dense. Same for the second half too, but that's tricker because it seems the note would go at
  6. 02:10:833 instead lol. Will keep it, since normaly Muzukashii's do not have that long 1/2 patterns. If it would alternate less, or have less 1/2 notes it would be fine, but otherwise I rather wanna keep it like that, especially because second part of the kiai becomes denser anyway (though, we still have Ura Muzukashii for spread to Oni).
[Futsuu]
  1. 00:46:385 (1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1) - Surely this can be made to not be so similar to Muzukashii and cater towards Kantan? True!
  2. 01:47:756 (1,2,3,4) - I'm sure Muzukashii can handle some 1/2 in the middle. As mentioned before, I changed it.
[Kantan]
  1. 00:52:985 (1,2,3) - Okay, cool, but only Kantan really has something like this. Since so many mentioned this before, I will just go and remove it.
  2. 01:52:983 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1) - I don't like how this is bordering harder than Futsuu. Maybe dd or just less notes? Done something else instead.
  3. 02:11:433 (2) - Delete? This second half is the longest chain in the song, so a break is nice. Hardly affects difficulty and in fact brings it more in line to how the other diffs build up difficulty. Would make it inconsistent to 02:13:833 (2) - , 02:09:033 (2) - and 02:06:633 (2) -
Ah that was a very good mod. But I don't know if we could deem it as rankable, in case you say I should improve the spread?
show more