forum

Greatest Idea Mafia II - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakura
When once is not good enough
Setup info:
1. At game start every player will be given randomly 3 role cards from This list, each role card can only be drawn once, if there are multiple copies of that card in the deck, then it can be drawn as many times as copies of it are in the deck.
2. From these 3 role cards each player may choose one card for their alignment and one card for their ability, the remaining card will be discarded.
3. If the ammount of town players is less than 50%, or there are no anti-town faction/players, repeat from step 1.
4. If the ammount of town players is more than or equal to 50% and there's at least one anti-town faction/player then send out role PMs based on people's choices.
5. At Day 1 start the discarded card of every player will be publicly announced.
Note: You will only get partners (i.e. faction partners / mason buddies) if another person choose the same power/alignment as a card.
Note 2: You can't select a bastard combination (i.e. Mafia + Innocent Child) Please refer to the Blacklisted combinations Here
Note 3: Pikachu may or may not be included.

Mod: Sakura
Playerlist
Zexion
-[Jess]- Chamelo_Th
Navizel
GuyInFreezer rEdo *
Ace Timing
sLaiNi *
Drezi
fartownik
NoHitter
- Magic Bomb -
Tess
Static Noise Bird

Alive
-[Jess]-
Ace Timing
sLaiNi
Drezi
fartownik
Tess
Dead
- Magic Bomb - Mafia Conspirancy Theorist was lynched Day 1
Zexion Mafia Supersaint was killed Night 1
Navizel Town 1-shot governor was killed Night 1
Static Noise Bird Mafia Conspirancy Theorist was lynched Day 2
GuyInFreezer Town Mason Doctor has been killed Night 2
NoHitter Town Gravedigger was lynched Day 3
Modkilled
Hopefully no one
Topic Starter
Sakura
Rules:
General Rules:
- Do not Edit or Delete any of your posts.
- Do not quote anything from the PMs given to you by the mod.
- Do not communicate outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
- Do not use any form of provable randomness, saying that you flipped a coin and acted on that is fine, proving that you flipped said coin is not.
- I am human, and I may make mistakes, if I make a mistake send me a PM or state it in bold.
- Play to win

Deadlines:
- Day times consist of 7 days, and it may be extended only on extreme circumstances. Any votes or unvotes after deadline wont count, if the day reaches deadline before a majority is reached, the day will end with a No Lynch.
- Night times consist of 24 hours. Until then you may submit or change your action as many times as necessary, you may also decide to take no action by stating it in your PM, any actions taken after deadline wont count and if you didnt send in an action it will count as No action.

Voting and Lynching:
- You may vote a player by stating in bold Vote: Player Name, an Unvote is not required to change your vote but it helps. When a player has reached 50% + 1 of the votes in play, a lynch will happen and the day will end. If I can interpret the intent to vote, it will count.
- Acronyms and Shortened names are fine as long as I can clearly understand who is being voted.
- Alternatively you may vote to end the day without a lynch by voting for it Vote: No Lynch
- When a Lynch has ocurred before the end of the day, the game enters twilight phase, during this time all players including the lynchee may continue to post until I post the lynch scene and end the day, from then on the Lynchee is considered dead and cannot post.
- Dead players cannot post.

Activity:
- A player that hasn't posted for over 48 hours will be automatically prodded.
- If a player hasn't posted for over 24 hours players may request them to be prodded, this won't count towards their 3 prod limit but it can still get them replaced if they dont post within 24 hours of the prod.
- Prods must be responded to in the game thread.
- If a player is going to be absent for 24 hours or more they may state that they'll be on V/LA for said time, no more than 5 days V/LA will be accepted and you should consider replacing out if you're going to be gone that long.
- Failing to pick up your prod within 24 hours will end in you getting replaced, you still have time to pick up your prod until a replacement is found.
- If no replacement can be found the slot will be modkilled instead.
- If a player has been prodded 3 times, a prod will be force replacement or a modkill.

If any rule is broken you will be modkilled and become a Neutral Survivor, hence automatically lose.
Modkills may or may not end the day early.
Pretending to break a rule will count as breaking the rule.
Questions > Modkills, if you have doubts whether you're about to break the rules feel free to PM me to make sure.
If you have any questions towards me State it in bold
I'll try to have a vote count at least once every 2 pages, unless i'm sleeping or something.
I reserve the right to change these rules at any given time, any rule changes will be announced in thread.
Last but not least, have fun <3

In the case i've missed anything, refer to these lovely rules by Lybydose: p/1062608
Topic Starter
Sakura
Sample Role PMs:

You will receive your first PM like this:
You have drawn the following 3 cards please choose which card will be your alignment and which card will be your power

Mafia Goon
Town One-shot Governor
Werewolf One-shot bulletproof
Disclaimer: Not necessarily you'll receive 3 different alignment cards, as they'll all be randomized.

To which you respond like this or something similar:
I choose Mafia Goon for my alignment and Werewolf one-shot bulletproof for my power/ability

Then if there's over 50% town players next you will receive a PM like this:
Welcome, Player X
You are a Mafia 1-shot Bulletproof Your partner/partners is/are X
You have the following abilities:
Factional Communication: You and your partners may communicate here
Factional Kill: Any of you or your partners may kill a player during the night.
1-Shot Bulletproof: The first time you'd be hit by a killing ability you will survive the kill.

You win when you control half the votes and there are no other killing roles alive.

And at day start this will show up:
Player X has discarded Town One-shot Governor

You may also opt to choose town for your alignment instead and receive this:
Welcome, Player X
You are a Town 1-shot Bulletproof
You have the following ability:
1-Shot Bulletproof: The first time you'd be hit by a killing ability you will survive the kill.

You win when all the anti-town factions are dead

And at day start this will show up:
Player X has discarded Mafia Goon

Sample Role PMs for other alignments:

Welcome, Player X
You are a Alpha Werewolf, Your partner/partners is/are X
Factional Communication: You may communicate with your partners here
Factional Kill: You or any of your partners may choose a player, that player will die.
Alpha Werewolf: You will appear as Not Werewolf to Seers.

You win when your faction controls half the votes and there are no other killing roles around.

Welcome, Player X
You are an Alien Prober, Your partner/partners is/are X
Vaporize: Once in the entire game, you or any of your partners may choose a player, that player will die, this pierces any protections and roleblocks.
Probe: You may PM me a player during the night, that player will be roleblocked and protected from all nightkills, you also will learn whether the player is a werewolf or not. You may also get no result.

You win when your faction controls half the votes and there are no other killing roles around

Welcome, Player X
You are a Cult 1-Shot recruiter, Your partner/partners is/are X
1-Shot Recruiter: At night you may PM me the name of a player, that player will change alignment to cultist and lose all their abilities. You may only do this once in the entire game.

You win when your faction controls half the votes and there are no other killing roles around

Welcome, Player X
You are a 2-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer
Serial Killer: During the night you may PM me the name of the player, that player will die.
2-Shot Bulletproof: You are immune to killing actions, this ability will only work the first 2 times you are targeted for a killing action.

You win when you are in the last 2 livihng players

Welcome, Player X
You are a Survivor
You have no abilities.

You win when a faction reaches their win condition and you are still alive

Welcome, Player X
You are a Lyncher
Your target is Player Y
You have no abilities.

You win when your target gets lynched and you are on the lynching wagon. If your target dies during the night or it's lynched without you being on the wagon you will become a Vanilla Townie

Welcome, Player X
You are Pikachu
You have no abilities.

You win if you die or reach endgame without anyone discovering your identity.
You lose if a player discovers your identity.

Welcome, Player X
You are Judas
Judas: If you are lynched you become a member of the mafia and will win with them instead, you will not join them in their factional communication nor will be able to perform the factional kill.

You win when all anti-town factions are dead.

Welcome, Player X
You are Saulus
Saulus: If you are lynched you become a member of the town and will win with them instead.

You win when the mafia controls half the votes and there are no other killing players around.
Zexion
/in
-[Jess]-
/in

i am going to be a Pikachu
Chamelo
/in

I'll try to play nice this game. .-.
Navizel
/in

Jess, please step your game up.
-[Jess]-

Navizel wrote:

Jess, please step your game up.
Ok ;w;

/out
/replace
Zexion
^

Also my play on the first Greatest Idea Mafia sucked so bad that I'm taking this as my oportunity to redeem myself.

(It was my first game but w/e)

Edit: my arrow pointed to Navizel's post
rEdo
/j
Ace Timing
/in
Let's have some fun here.
sLaiNi
/in

if everyone is alright with it
Drezi
hi
fartownik
in!
NoHitter
/in
MBomb
one game isn't enough for me

In
Nyxa
/in
Topic Starter
Sakura
Wow that was faster than expected, i'll send each player their 3 role cards and make your choices by PM, after 24 hours or when all players made their choices i'll announce if a reroll is needed or not.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Addenum: The possible alignments in this game are:

Town.
Mafia (Detected by Cops) (Have factional kill)
Werewolves (Detected by Seers) (Have factional kill)
Aliens (Detected by Conspirancy Theorists) (Have 1-shot Factional strongman kill)
Cult (Detected by Private Investigators) (May recruit if there's a recruiter, otherwise have no factional abilities).

Third parties:
Survivor (Wins if alive at end game).
Serial Killer (Must kill everyone else) (Detected by FBI Agents)
Lyncher (Wins if target is lynched).
Pikachu (Wins if dies or end games without anyone finding out they were Pikachu).

Replicant faction is new and hasn't been included.

Please take this info in mind when making your choices, 24 hours limit to choose your roles start now.
Birdy
I'll get on the replacement queue, then.

This is why you should always check the mafia subforum at least once every 2 hours.
show more