forum

Shimamiya Eiko - Naraku no Hana

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Donryu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Oooh its nice to see a song using the soft sampleset. Nice work on this one - very relaxing to play! I'm adding this to rankings as its been around for a while and timing is really well done :D.

I have a question for you though - do you think the soft sounds are too soft? After playing through this, I felt they should be about 20-40% louder. Feedback please guys!
Topic Starter
Donryu
The problem with this song is that it starts slow then picks up. I think the soft sounds are great for the first part, but when the song becomes upbeat it just doesn't work as well. There's not really anything you can do about it, unless you add a feature to change the sounds in the middle of the song. I think the soft set sounds good as it is, if you want to make them louder I suggest making a different set of sounds, but it's your program so do what you want.
peppy

Donryu wrote:

but it's your program so do what you want.
I wouldn't be asking for opinions if that was my attitude ;).
Topic Starter
Donryu

peppy wrote:

Donryu wrote:

but it's your program so do what you want.
I wouldn't be asking for opinions if that was my attitude ;).
Heh, good point. Forget I said that.

BTW, on the subject of sounds, I think there needs to be a sound played when you miss a beat. Sometimes on faster songs I don't even realize I missed one until I see the combo count had reset. Just something to keep in mind.
Extor
Great song, I made a S rank in my first playthrough. =D

Oh... without thinking I posted in other thread about something discussed here. :S

Now... yeah, I think those sounds need to be a bit louder.
eyup
Nice to see the soft sound set being utilized! I didn't have much problem with the volume - seems OK and appropriate. Only issue I have is with the soft whistle - but peppy already knows this :D

Good work Donryu! Looking forward to seeing more maps from you!