forum

[resolved] "We are unable to obtain a supported GL renderer" error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Kuroni_
Hi guys,

I just broke my laptop, which runs osu! so well that I've barely seen a bug on that machine. So I switch back to the PC which I used before and install osu! However, I always got this "We are unable to obtain a supported GL renderer. Please update your graphics card driver." Running in DirectX is real sucks (only 20fps, which is barely even playable). And of course, changine to OpenGL renderer will break the game. So how can I fix this and use OpenGL mode? Any help would be appreciated :)

More info : I have Windows 10 Pro with an Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0) display driver, using 32-bit color.

Video or screenshot showing the problem with additional information:

osu! version: 20150812.11 (latest)
Trosk-
Take a look to what is said here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/GL_Support_Issues

If after reading that you still don't know what to do, download this, take a screenshot of the "Summary" section and post it here.
Topic Starter
_Kuroni_
I've literally tried everything in the GL Support Issues page. Didn't work.

Will update soon of the Summary section of Speccy :)
Topic Starter
_Kuroni_
Here it is:

iTaSou
GMA basic driver on Windows 8/10 have limited OpenGL support. and Intel website only have Windows 7 driver.

Download drivers here. http://brenton.nom.za/forum/showthread.php?tid=1

Choose Mobius 1.0 It's use Windows 8 Driver but add OpenGL support.
Trosk-
Try to install what tamachan10 linked. If it's still not working after that, I don't think you can do anything to run osu!. Your PC is not powerful enough.

Also, I recommend you to take care of the Motherboard temperature. It is really high. Put your laptop where it can be ventilated properly and check that you don't have dust on your fans.
Topic Starter
_Kuroni_
Thanks, it works like a charm :D

Btw, I don't have enough money to buy a fan :p
Jakey-kun
thanks aswell i know this is an old dorum but it worked for me!
Lyawi

Jakey-kun wrote:

thanks aswell i know this is an old dorum but it worked for me!

Still no need to bump, they probably won't even read it.