forum

[confirmed] Correcting Storyboard Positioning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sidetail
Hello, I am looking for seamless, global positioning fix through osu editor! As only one experienced StoryBoarder (which I encountered) had a solution for correctly positioning the pictures and effects under some objects (circles and sliders). His solution was just trial and error (and find the error & offset and recalculate the position).

Example:

IN COMPOSE MODE:

IN DESIGN MODE:

IN PLAY MODE:

I haven't moved a single tick on this SB element, but for every modes, the placement is different (also X,Y is different too).

They all have different position under the circle, but only play mode has it in dead-centre. (Took me almost 20minutes to fine tune it to me in centre) To make this fine adjustment to all SB elements to individual circle objects takes too much work and time. Doesn't feel necessary to have separate positioning (X, Y) grids for all different modes. People tried to adopt in current issue with SB creation, but seems like unifying the grid throughout Compose / Design mode would make it much better experience.
peppy
Have you tested on cutting edge?
Topic Starter
Sidetail

peppy wrote:

Have you tested on cutting edge?

The issue still persists (on cutting edge)
peppy
That's really weird. Must have broken recently, because this used to work flawlessly.
Topic Starter
Sidetail

peppy wrote:

That's really weird. Must have broken recently, because this used to work flawlessly.
I am very excited to see that this can be fixed. Hopefully in the near future, it works flawlessly.
Bara-
It's not hard to set it correctly
X+64
Y+54
See this t/343729

Also
t/374196

I want this changed soo badly
Topic Starter
Sidetail

Baraatje123 wrote:

It's not hard to set it correctly
X+64
Y+54
See this t/343729

Also
t/374196

I want this changed soo badly
Yes, you can calculate EVERY coordinates... But isn't it better if the grid / coordinate itself is same throughout the editor?

- Also you can preview the correct positing without going into test / play mode
Spectator
Fixing this would be great
arviejhay
please fix this problem because it will be a HUGE help to storyboarders.
i'm tired of calculating and guessing the right X and Y
Irreversible

peppy wrote:

Did it recently get fixed? Because it's not working since quite some time already.
Houtarou Oreki
this is still not fixed
WingSilent
This is more like a problem than a feature request.
CSLM

NekoLumi wrote:

This is more like a problem than a feature request.
Seijiro
Moved and confirmed for the time being
Underforest
i have the same problem :p
Houtarou Oreki
also, for me it is y+56, not y+54