forum

toby fox - Hopes and Dreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pkk
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on March 27, 2016 at 9:22:34 AM

Artist: toby fox
Title: Hopes and Dreams
Source: Undertale
Tags: asriel dreemurr chiptune radiation
BPM: 170.68
Filesize: 6224kb
Play Time: 03:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. DREAMER (5.1 stars, 625 notes)
  2. Easy (1.58 stars, 145 notes)
  3. Hard (2.67 stars, 344 notes)
  4. Insane (4 stars, 495 notes)
  5. Normal (1.92 stars, 227 notes)
Download: toby fox - Hopes and Dreams
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
All your progress... Everyone's memories.

I'll bring them all back to zero!

Click here to download without the voice sample in the beginning
If you already downloaded with the voice sample then you will need to remove it first

Credits
Music produced by Toby Fox
BG drawn by lapinbeau
Storyboard sound sample produced by anime_sonicmega

Thank you everyone for the support!
Mikii
is this the place to mod dream solister????

epic nice
Ikarus Ai
Knowing that one day this map will be ranked fills me with determination.
DlaWicha
You cannot give up just yet.. pkk! Stay determined!
BlueberrySansy
Needs some more difficulties like Easy, Normal and Hard (something like that.)

pkk! Stay determined to finish the DREAMER difficulty!

Amazing map, giving it a star.
Topic Starter
pkk
thanks
tancio_old
Good job lad
TheAverageLoser
diraimur
Don't forget to lower case the letters "T" and "F" in the artist name. (I'm not sure about this one; but I think source must be all capitalized, too, but there is one ranked map without it so idk.)

Nice job on map, its pretty good imo.

Good luck on finishing set and qualifying it.
gristCollector
I haven't noticed anything deviating from the tune so far. Great work!
Sakura chan
Oh God, another Undertale map. That's the 7000th I've seen (today...). Anyhow, just some thoughts.

Things
This mapset doesn't have enough maps to be ranked, but I saw you revived it, so I assume you're working on that.
Other than that, just some suggestions to better this map.
Mapping things
00:22:296 (3) - consider removing this, if a 4 star difficulty feel is what you're going for, this is just unnecessary
beginning in general - also consider just not mapping the beginning to give players a chance to get tempo before they play. Also, spaced notes like this can be difficult to hit 300s, unless the player is good at listening (which newer players who pick up this map probably haven't developed yet)
00:47:039 (3,4,5) - and 00:48:445 (2,3,4) - and the ones like it - are you sure triples are appropriate here? Nothing in the music I hear suggests they should be here (but feel free to use creativity)
every pattern like 01:15:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - these don't fit with how the music is flowing. Consider changing them to match with something like 01:17:094 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - in which also that should not be a new combo (the whole phrase is one moment in the song)
01:21:312 (1,2) - this doesn't make sense, it deviates from the rhythm you've set, ie, this isn't consistent with what you've been doing.
01:23:421 (4,5,1,2,3,4) - same
01:35:372 (1,2,3) - you could probably make this into one long hold slider for more effect.
01:53:651 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - same deal as above with the flow, it doesn't fit. The example I provided in context works better in my opinion.
02:15:797 (1,2,3,4) - consider simplifying this, a stream just doesn't fit here (ex: removing notes 2 and 4 in that combo)
02:21:079 (1,2,3) - this doesn't feel necessary, consider removing it, especially since it can catch people off-guard.
the break that begins at 02:49:903 - consider mapping out this break, if you don't remove the above. It's the same pattern, so mapping a part of one but none of the other doesn't make sense.
end
That's just my opinions on this, you don't have to take them if you don't want to. I saw this map got revived and wanted to help a bit (if I was of any).
Have a nice day
MicMck101
Pkk im extremely happy you mapped this :33333 (which fills you with
DETERMINATION)
noxn7
Good job on this one! May you filled with determination...
Topic Starter
pkk

GodOfPythons wrote:

Oh God, another Undertale map. That's the 7000th I've seen (today...). Anyhow, just some thoughts.

Things
This mapset doesn't have enough maps to be ranked, but I saw you revived it, so I assume you're working on that.
Other than that, just some suggestions to better this map.
Mapping things
00:22:296 (3) - consider removing this, if a 4 star difficulty feel is what you're going for, this is just unnecessary
beginning in general - also consider just not mapping the beginning to give players a chance to get tempo before they play. Also, spaced notes like this can be difficult to hit 300s, unless the player is good at listening (which newer players who pick up this map probably haven't developed yet) players who will be able to perform consistently on this difficulty should have no problem with this pattern in the beginning imo, but I'll consider reducing the spacing a little. Also I like having the beginning mapped

00:47:039 (3,4,5) - and 00:48:445 (2,3,4) - and the ones like it - are you sure triples are appropriate here? Nothing in the music I hear suggests they should be here (but feel free to use creativity) there are triplets in the music with the guitar if you set it to 25% speed

every pattern like 01:15:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - these don't fit with how the music is flowing. Consider changing them to match with something like 01:17:094 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - in which also that should not be a new combo (the whole phrase is one moment in the song)
01:21:312 (1,2) - this doesn't make sense, it deviates from the rhythm you've set, ie, this isn't consistent with what you've been doing. flow doesn't have to be consistent in the sense that everything follows a linear path, there will always be flow/patterns that break this 'rule'
01:23:421 (4,5,1,2,3,4) - same this plays fine
01:35:372 (1,2,3) - you could probably make this into one long hold slider for more effect. not a bad idea, but I feel that mapping the beats in the music with three objects feels nicer than having one long slider skip all those beats
01:53:651 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6) - same deal as above with the flow, it doesn't fit. The example I provided in context works better in my opinion.
02:15:797 (1,2,3,4) - consider simplifying this, a stream just doesn't fit here (ex: removing notes 2 and 4 in that combo) I think a stream fits nicely here due to there being one in the music, and it feels nice as an ending pattern to transition into the quieter part
02:21:079 (1,2,3) - this doesn't feel necessary, consider removing it, especially since it can catch people off-guard. perhaps this may be true for easier diffs, although it still wouldn't be a problem as osu has indicators for the end of a break approaching, and in addition players will also see the approach circles
the break that begins at 02:49:903 - consider mapping out this break, if you don't remove the above. It's the same pattern, so mapping a part of one but none of the other doesn't make sense. you're right in that mapping out the break could work, but I chose not to in order to place more emphasis on the next part where I started mapping again, since the current section is relatively calm and quiet
end
That's just my opinions on this, you don't have to take them if you don't want to. I saw this map got revived and wanted to help a bit (if I was of any).
Have a nice day
Sorry for the late reply, I've been fixing some stuff in the set. Thanks for your time 8-)
BlueberrySansy

CitrineYellow wrote:

Amazing map, giving it a star.
Hooray! It's back! :)

Not sure if I'm gonna mod this once it's done, but I'll try ;)

I swear I heard Sean Chiplock's voice in the gameplay
Minoxs
Amazing map, can't wait until it goes ranked ^^
ac8129464363
spiolr alert !
Spaghetti
Zero__wind
just wondering why's there no red combo color
you know you need red to make up a rainbow~
Topic Starter
pkk

Zero__wind wrote:

just wondering why's there no red combo color
you know you need red to make up a rainbow~
I almost forgot, thanks for reminding me ;)
show more