forum

osu! Malaysia Tournament 2015/16 [Complete]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClawViper
Tournament Schedule
Note that scheduled matches are always on weekends, replacement matches can be held on the weekdays after that.
Week 1/12th Dec-18th Dec: Group Stage Part 1 (24 matches)
Week 2/19th Dec-25th Dec: Break for Comic Fiesta (No matches)
Week 3/26th Dec-30th Dec: Group Stage Part 2 (24 matches)
Week 4/31st Dec-6th Jan: Winner's Bracket Round 1 (8 matches)
Week 5/7th Jan-13th Jan: Winner's Bracket Round 2 (4 matches), Loser's Bracket Round 1 (4 matches)
Week 6/14th Jan-20th Jan: Winner's Bracket Round 3 (2 matches), Loser's Bracket Round 2 (4 matches), Loser's Bracket Round 3 (2 matches)
Week 7/21th Jan-27th Jan: Winner's Bracket Final (1 match), Loser's Bracket Round 4 (2 matches), Loser's Bracket Round 5 (1 match)
Week 8/28th Jan-3rd Feb: Loser's Bracket Final (1 match), Grand Finals (1 or 2 matches)

Prizes
1st place: 4 months supporter tag sponsored by ClawViper
2nd place: 2 months supporter tag sponsored by ClawViper
3rd place: 1 month supporter tag sponsored by xsrsbsns

Organisation
Tournament Organizer: ClawViper
Administration: ClawViper, ffstar0716
Beatmap Selector: Ex6TenZ
Twitch Streamer: ffstar0716
Referees: ClawViper, ffstar0716, TequilaWolf, SolarFox, Jeffrey. Karuta-, walaowey

Links
Challonge
Match Schedule
Registration Thread
Twitch Stream
Youtube Stream
Beatmap Pool Post

Rules
Tournament Format
1. The osu! Malaysia Tournament is a 1v1 tournament with 32 participants.
2. The matches from Week 1 to Week 3 will be played in a Best-of-7 format. (First to get 4 points win.)
3. The matches from Week 4 to Week 7 will be played in a Best-of-9 format. (First to get 5 points win.)
4. The matches in Week 8 will be played in a Best-of-11 format. (First to get 6 points win)
5. The tournament starts off with a group stage, where the top 2 participants of each group advance to the Bracket Stage, which is a double-elimination bracket. (A player has to lose twice before he/she is out of the tournament)
6. The tournament uses a veto format, where each player has to ban two beatmaps of his choice from the map pool.
7. This tournament uses the normal score system and is played in head-to-head mode.

Tournament Rules
1. The beatmaps for each round will be announced by the beatmap selector in advance one week before the matches. Once it has been announced, only these beatmaps can be used for the respective matches excluding warm-up maps.
2. One beatmap will be given as tiebreaker map. This beatmap will be played when the score is tied at 3-3 in a Best of 7, 4-4 in a Best of 9 and 5-5 in a Best of 11. It will be played under FreeMod setting.
3. Players who failed at the end of the map will have their score nullified. However, if the player revives before the map ends his score is counted as if he passed the map. If both players fail at the end of the map, the player with the higher fail score will be considered to have won.
4. If the beatmap ends in a draw, no points are added to any side and the beatmap is played again.
5. If a player disconnects, the referee will make the decision whether to award the point to the opponent or not depending on the score difference. There can only be one rematch offered, subsequent disconnects will give the point to the opponent.
6. If both players disconnect, it is treated as a draw. (See rule 4)
7. Beatmaps cannot be picked more than once in the same match.
8. Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a beatmap.
9. If a player does not turn up for the match in the group stage, the opponent who turned up will win automatically.
10. If both players do not turn up for the match, both of them forfeit their match and their opponent in the next round will get a bye.
11. Players who do not turn up for their match without prior notice will be permanently banned from all future tournaments which I organise.
12. Referees are not allowed to judge their own matches.
13. Unexpected incidents are handled by the referee.

Match Instructions
1. A referee will create a multiplayer room 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Both players must be online and ready. If a player is not online when the room is created, the referee will wait until 10 minutes past the scheduled start time. After that, the player who turns up will win by default.
2. As soon as both players enter the room, each player is free to select a warm-up beatmap.
3. The warm-up beatmap must be under 5 minutes. The referee has the right to reject a warm-up beatmap that is deemed to be inappropriate.
4. After warm-up, both players can ban two beatmaps each from the mappool. Both bans must be used, and the same beatmap cannot be banned twice, and the tiebreaker cannot be banned.
5. After the ban phase, beatmap selection will alternate between each player selecting a beatmap out of the map pool. Banned beatmaps and the tiebreaker beatmap cannot be selected. A single beatmap cannot be picked twice.
6. To determine which player ban and picks first, both players must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer. The player with the higher points will go first in both picks and bans.
7. Players should have all the maps in the map pool for the match. If the player does not have a map, he has to download it within 3 minutes or he will automatically lose the point.
8. Unexpected incidents are handled by the referee.

Match Scheduling
1. The match schedule will be determined by the tournament administration. All matches scheduled by the tournament management are held on the weekends.
2. If a player cannot make it at the time of the match, the player has to take the initiative to contact his opponent to rearrange the time or day of the match.
3. The day of the match can only be changed from the Thursday before the scheduled match weekend to the Wednesday after the scheduled match weekend.
4. Rule 3 does not apply to Week 1 and 3 matches, where all matches can be rescheduled as long as it is within Week 1 - Wednesday of Week 3.
5. If your match time has changed, please send a PM to the tournament administration. Both players should PM the change in time.
6. If the other player cannot make it on any time but the scheduled time, there will be no change in the match schedule.
7. If there is clear evidence that the other player ignores your request (not reject) and refuses to communicate, that player will be disqualified.

Questions
Please post any questions you have regarding the tournament as a reply to the thread, which I will be checking regularly.
NazzzF

No Mod

Hommarju feat. Latte - masterpiece (Insane) [simplistiC]
Function Phantom - Algebra (Incomputable) [Bonzi]
Maximum the Hormone - What's Up, People? (Lucifer) [Louis Cyphre]
t+pazolite - cheatreal (Extra) [caren_sk]
Pensamento Tipico de Esquerda Caviar (Gangsta) [Blue Dragon]
Decoration - LET'S GO HAPPY!! (jcjcjcj) [jcjc]
Shounen Radio - neu (Platinum) [Philippines]

Hard Rock

cranky - R176 (Another) [taka1235]
S.S.H. - Intersect Thunderbolt-Remix (Insane) [7odoa]
void feat. Komatsuna - Akatsuki no Tsuki (Extra) [Cherry Blossom]
An - Aleie (Fort's Expert) [Hathz]

Hidden

cYsmix - Manic (Extra) [Bonsai]
DJ S3RL - T-T-Techno (feat. Jesskah) (Technonationalism) [nold_1702]
senya - Iro wa Jou e to Izanau (Extra) [StarForYou]
a_hisa - Cheshire,s dance (Another) [Muya]

Double Time

I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Krisom's Tragedies) [Gonzvlo]
Sentimental na Aiboshin (Insane) [Natsu]
Feint - Time Bomb (Time) [vipto]
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful (Shiro's Insane) [neonat]

TieBreaker

Halozy - Sentimental Skyscraper (Myouren Hijiri) [Hollow Wings]

Map Pack Download = Dropbox

Some words :
1. Good Luck, Have Fun scrubs.
2. You can download map individually with Dropbox. (ctrl+f for ez searching)
3. Please report in this thread if there's any corrupted .OSZ files.
4. Any feedback can be posted here as well.
5. Double check the difficulties and mapset to ensure you're not practicing the wrong map.
6. Make sure to download the whole mappool before your match.
7. It is most recommended to disable Storyboard and Video to avoid/reduce lagging.
8. Don't say I didn't warn ya !
Topic Starter
ClawViper
31/1/2015 - The osu! Malaysia Tournament 2015/2016 edition has come to an end.
I really want to extend my gratitude to the staff team who worked together with me:
ffstar0716 for streaming all the matches and taking so much time out of his schedule to do so, and also replacing me as the tournament administrator whenever I am not around. He has also done various map pool statistic sheets and gave detailed write-ups for several rounds as well!
Ex6TenZ for being the head of selecting the beatmaps for the tournament, assisted by ffstar0716, [ -Scarlet- ] and myself, and also designing a fantastic banner for the Grand Finals!
Jeffrey for being one of the most regular commentators for the tournament, taking much time out his schedule to do so.
Jeffrey, TequilaWolf, walaowey, SolarFox and Karuta- for willing to become referees for the tournament.
xsrsbsns for sponsoring the 3rd place prize!
TequilaWolf, Amane-, Karuta-, Smashy and AdielAdrellos for helping out with commentary for a few matches!
All the players in the tournament who made an effort to turn up for their matches.
All the viewers of the stream for giving their support.
Without a single one of them, this tournament would not have been possible.

Prize Winners
Champion: TequilaWolf (4 months supporter tag)
1st Runner-up: sprItzEr (2 months supporter tag)
2nd Runner-up: Amane- (1 month supporter tag)

Full OMT Standings

Other Tournament Awards
Match of the Tournament: Amane- vs TequilaWolf (Winner's Bracket Round 3)
Best Upcoming Player of the Tournament: TheSomething

Statistics/Write-ups
ffstar0716's Beatmap Pool Statistics/Review
Thoughts on Group Stage Results
Thoughts on Week 4 Results
Thoughts on Week 5 Results
Thoughts on Week 6 Results
Thoughts on Week 7 Results
Thoughts on Week 8 Results
ffstar
Mappool Statistic + Mappool Review

I will give some comment about some of the maps in the mappool and make a statistic about the players' bans and picks. Enjoy :D

Round 2 Mappool Statistic

• Round 3 Mappool Review

NoMod Average: 5.47
    HardRock Average: 5.22
    DoubleTime Average: 5.51
    Hidden Average: 4.96
    TieBreaker Difficulty: 5.49
    Mappool Average: 5.33

Here are some maps that I think are quite tricky or hard:
  1. Studio EIM - Crescent Moon Island Boss Theme ([ -Scarlet- ]'s Extra) by [ -Scarlet- ] Difficulty 5.57 NoMod
    A noob Malaysian mapper. CS5 map. This map has pretty tricky stream pattern, small circles also increase the difficulty aiming those repetitive jumps.

2. Kano - Six trillion years and overnight story (OverNight) by StarForYou Difficulty 5.66 NoMod
    A very tricky map, has a lot of kick sliders, if you are not paying attention you might miss all the notes there. A VERY NICE MAP IN 2015 PLEASE VOTE THIS KAPPA

3. Hito Ookami - Decisive Battle! Ho-Oh! (Lvl 100) by [Takuya] Difficulty 4.85 HardRock
    First CS6.5 in this tourney, just be an aim expert and you can easily fc this. Two very tricky 1/3 space stream. Be careful there is a part that kills your HP, if you don’t have full HP when you reach that part, you might fail the map (but this doesn’t matter because you have enough time to revive).

4. Star Driver - 5 Centimeters Per Second (Right Back) by Come[Back]Home Difficulty 5.54 DoubleTime
    First AR10 (AR8.5 DT) DoubleTime map. Not very hard actually, you got speed, you can play, pretty simple.

5. Rise Against - The Eco-Terrorist In Me (Expert) by BOUYAAA Difficulty 5.14 Hidden
    Tricky map, all the alternating patterns, can easily break combo.

6. DJ SHARPNEL - FAKE PROMISE (TRUE) by Urushi38 Difficulty 5.49 Tiebreaker
    Very straightforward map, some part you have to burst, overall very jumpy map. A deathstream at the end of the map, possible to see a fail there?

I guess goreshit - o'er the flood (The Flood Beneath) HD pick and Hito Ookami - Decisive Battle! Ho-Oh! (Lvl 100) HR pick will be the most banned maps.

AKINO with bless4 - EXTRA MAGIC HOUR (Extra) NM pick and Kano - Six trillion years and overnight story (OverNight) NM pick will be the most played maps.

Round 2 Mappool Review
[list:1337]
Round 2 Mappool Review

NoMod Average: 5.24
HardRock Average: 5.19
DoubleTime Average: 5.07
Hidden Average: 4.88
TieBreaker Difficulty: 5.10
Mappool Average: 5.10

Here are some maps that I think are quite tricky or hard:
  1. Kola Kid - can't hide your love (Can't) by Kert Difficulty 5.05 NoMod
    This map has a lot of hidden repeat sliders which stack behind another repeat sliders, makes this map a lot harder to play.
  2. Shiena Nishizawa - FUBUKI (Blizzard) by Rizia Difficulty 5.29 NoMod
    The trickiest part is at the chorus, which you might have to alternate or single tap the 1/6 spacing notes. We might see a lot of players break here.

3. ryo (supercell) - ODDS&ENDS (Insane) by Colin Hou Difficulty 5.02 HardRock
    Another 5min HardRock map, this map has a lot of hidden jump notes and you might easily misread it. There is a very calm and slow part where all the notes are NC so you can’t see where the next note will appear and easily fail the map because of low accuracy.

4. Tristam - Till it's Over (BD's Hard) by [Luanny] Difficulty 4.90 DoubleTime
    Alternating DoubleTime map. You have to alternate the whole map because the song bpm is very high unless you are very confident with you single tap speed. The slider tick 2 also makes the map easier to break.

5. M2U - Quo Vadis (Extreme) by buhei Difficulty 4.65 Hidden
    Difficulty 4.65, but probably the hardest map from the mappool. This map has a lot of 1/6 stream and with the Hidden mod on, you hardly recognize which one is 1/6 stream and which one is 1/4 stream. Only player very confident with his reading skill might choose this map. Extremely tricky map.

6. kors k - Playing With Fire (Sota Fujimori Remix) (420) by RLC Difficulty 5.10 Tiebreaker
    This is an interesting map. Unlike the previous tiebreaker, this one is totally different style of map. Duplet everywhere, and some patterns are kinda tricky.

I guess M2U - Quo Vadis (Extreme) HD pick and Memme - BSPower Explosion (Another) HR pick will be the most banned maps. The first one is extremely tricky and the second is very easy to fail and really hard to revive.

syatten remixed celas - Bird Sprite -Awakening of Light- (Another) NM pick and ChouCho - Niji no Asa ni (Insane) DT pick will be the most played maps. Both of them are very straightforward without any tricky pattern.
Round 1 Mappool Statistic
Round 1 Mappool Statistic

Round 1 Mappool Review
  • Round 1 Mappool Review

NoMod Average: 5.04
    HardRock Average: 4.80
    DoubleTime Average: 5.13
    Hidden Average: 4.79
    TieBreaker Difficulty: 5.26
    Mappool Average: 5.00

Here are some maps that i think are quite tricky or hard:
  1. mafumafu - Yuugure Semi Nikki (Yuugure) by L_P Difficulty 5.11 NoMod
    Malaysian mapper. This map contains a lot of hidden spaced triplet at the chorus part, you can easily get caught and miss. I barely believe people can FC this map in the tournament.

2. TOTTO - Onigami (Expert) by Kloyd Difficulty 4.70 NoMod
    This map is totally underrated. CS5 making this map harder to aim. I can’t say this map is harder than other map in the NoMod bracket but I guess player will easily random break on this map.

3. EGOIST - The Everlasting Guilty Crown (Heart) by captin1 Difficulty 4.63 HardRock
    This map is easy. YES EASY! But because of the song length, it turns out to be the trickiest one. Low BPM and long song length in HR actually quite challenging for newbie HR players.

4. KOKIA - Ningen tte Sonna Mono ne (Humanity) by Lizsig Difficulty 5.07 DoubleTime
    CS5 DT. You can either choose to alternate or single tap the whole map. The challenging part is at the chorus, where you have to single tap or alternate 8 notes in a row.

5. kzlivetune ft. yanaginagi - empty (Insane) by Xivaxi Difficulty 4.91 Hidden
    Well this map is so calm, but the mapper try to make the rhythm trickier. Listen carefully to the music and follow the rhythm. The last part of the map is the hardest, so I guess this will be the most banned map for this round.

6. FELT - Puppet in the Dark (Out Of Place ARTifactS) by Mackenzie Difficulty 5.26 Tiebreaker
    Surprisingly this map is actually easier than every map in NoMod bracket in my opinion. Just be consistent and win the game :D

Well the mappool has more variation now, two CS5 maps (not included HR), high slider velocity map and duplet map.

I guess kzlivetune ft. yanaginagi - empty (Insane) HD pick and EGOIST - The Everlasting Guilty Crown (Heart) HR pick will be the most banned maps. One you need to have good eyes and ears to play, one you need to have good consistency.

Reol - Asymmetry (Guycat's Extra) NM pick and u's - Snow halation (TV Size) (Insane) HD pick will be the most played maps. The first one is pretty straightforward map like strangeatractor map last mappool, which turns out to be one of the popular pick map. The second one is very easy in Hidden bracket, so probably this map will be one of the strategy pick against non-HD players since they will probably ban the other 2 HD maps.
Group Stage Mappool Statistic
Group Stage Mappool Statistic

Group Stage Mappool Review
  • Group Stage Mappool Review

NoMod Average: 4.86
    HardRock Average: 4.53
    DoubleTime Average: 4.91
    Hidden Average: 4.58
    TieBreaker Difficulty: 5.06
    Mappool Average: 4.79

Here are some maps that i think are quite tricky or hard:
  1. kors k - Insane Techniques (Azer's Extra) by Azer Difficulty 4.57 NoMod
    This map is extremely tricky at the end, you have to be able to consistently play spaced streams and also jumps, or else you will easily miss or slider break. Alternating is needed in this map unless you are speedy enough to single tap without missing the sliders.

2. Seiryu - Ultramarine (Another) by RLC Difficulty 4.92 NoMod
    RLC's map, as always very straightforward map, but a lot of patterns can make you easily misread and miss.

3. sana - Kokuhaku Yokou Renshuu (Milan-'s Insane) by Milan- Difficulty 4.51 HardRock
    This map isn't the hardest map in HR pool, but the spaced streams and sudden jumps are quite tricky for getting good accuracy.

4. Train - 50 Ways to Say Goodbye (Insane) by mancusojuanmattos Difficulty 5.13 DoubleTime
    Probably the hardest map in the current mappool. This map is extremely fast, and very jumpy, a very nice choice for speed players.

5. Yousei Teikoku - Torikago (yami) by Furawa Difficulty 4.28 Hidden
    Oh no, Hidden in this kind of map. Please increase your game volume so that you will be able to hear the rhythm accurately. Beware of the SV changes, they might confuse you especially in Hidden. AND THIS MAP IS OD8!!!!!

6. Shimotsuki Haruka - Re:Call (Re:Call) by -Nanaka- Difficulty 5.06 Tiebreaker
    To be honest, this map is too easy for Tiebreaker. At the beginning of the map, it was too easy and I started to worry about the later part because this map's difficulty is kinda high. As expected, at the last part, the map became harder and you have to be very consistent to hit all the jumps. I think that part will determine who the winner is and maybe a comeback will also be possible.

Overall there is a lot of variety in this mappool. Alternating, streams, jumps, rhythmic.

I guess Yousei Teikoku - Torikago (yami) HD pick and kors k - Insane Techniques (Azer's Extra) NM pick will be the most banned maps because these 2 maps are very tricky compared to other maps.

senya - Hitorishizuka (Satellite) DT pick and Zektbach - L'avide (Another) HR pick will be the most played maps. These 2 maps are pretty easy and there is a high chance we will see an accuracy fight.

Good luck to all the players!!!
SolarFox
week 1 mappool thoughts : everyone ban Kagerou Days NM and L'avide HR
Insane Techniques arent bad, high win rate
Re:Call is a nice song (some says this map is too easy, I'm not too sure since I have problems with keeping combo ( or I'm just bad) )
Torikago = hidden squares
strangeatractor = consistency test ( + sudden huge jumps after second chorus)
Nichijou Decoration + Hitorishizuka = common DT maps
english song DT = jumps
maihime + vortex arc = nasty end streams

overall : nicely done, good variety
Karuta-_old_1
bumping for rules update

rule 11 though
owlstalker
Can the same warm-up map be picked for warm-up in different matches?
Topic Starter
ClawViper

owlstalker wrote:

Can the same warm-up map be picked for warm-up in different matches?
Yup, no problem with that! You can use the same warm-up every time :)
Toy
I would like to join see my Malaysian flag here
Rampax

[Toy] wrote:

I would like to join see my Malaysian flag here
hax
Topic Starter
ClawViper
For anyone wondering what happened to hikaruboyz, it appears that his account has been restricted. I am now contacting the reserves to see if they can take his spot. It should not be an issue with the drawings as he was unseeded and so will the reserves.

9/12/2015 - It has been confirmed that Viores will take his place.
TequilaWolf
groupstage mappool thoughts: excellent job. very good variety, no retarded picks. HR is good, insane techniques/BMS is a bit on the harder side, torikago/wkyik's insane is a little hard, english song DT is a bit hard, but all is good. shimotsuki haruka is really nice. well done naz :) :)
Rampax
where the hype at
Topic Starter
ClawViper
The tournament kicks off today! All the best to all participants! :)
Jeffrey
Thoughts on RO16 mappool:

Nomod: Generally nomod bracket is quite tricky.
Onigami: CS5 is not the main problem here, the bigger problem comes when the map requires a lot of alternating and good finger control since it's BPM160.
COME BACK TO MY HEART: More like take away my heart. This map is also very tricky as it has a lot of complex beats and you need to be able to read well to play it.
Aspirin: There's a part which consists a lot of alternating, pretty tricky.
Yuugure Semi Nikki: Kinda tricky to sightread because alternating at some parts, but otherwise okay.
Asymmetry: I guess this was a good choice also, prefer this difficulty from the others (where I can't even get how the rhythm works).
Usatei: LOL. TROLL MAP. Spaced (srsly) streams and ridiculously high sv at the end.

HR: Pretty standard mappool.
Guilty Crown: Real test of consistency. 5 minutes of AR10 really can set apart those who are genuinely strong in HR and those who are just able to react in time.
Idol Syoukougun: Nothing much to say about this map except the BPM might take a little getting used to.
HEAVENLY MOON: My personal favourite from the mappool. If you can stream well with HR, this map is a very good pick.

DT: Slightly tricky.
KOKIA: lel. Not very difficult since it's mostly singletaps, but just have to make sure you catch the 2 beat stacks and the surprise stream.
Harmony: A lot of 1/4 sliders. Easy to slider break if you're not careful.
Zedd: Nice EDM choice, but beware of the 1/6 beats in the song.

HD: lol
Thieves Night Trick: Alternate map. Personal favourite. If you can do doubles and 4plets well this map is a good choice.
Snow halation: lel tv size, probably easiest song in the bracket.
empty: pretty tricky map.
TB: 6 minutes xd
chickeneric
For some reason I'm glad I did not make it out of group stage, the RO16 mappool raped me so hard lel

EDIT: No one's gonna mention that yanaginagi and senya/Mayumi Morinaga appeared in two mappools in a row now?
CrescendoV_Leux
holy fuk the usatei what is dat

im gonna die so hard
Vio
Best of luck. ;)
NazzzF
enji game :D
CrescendoV_Leux
Thoughts on some of the Ro16 Mappool maps:

RE:Utasei
Well, this might seem like a troll map at first, but I believe this is a good test on how well you can do on spaced streams(and just streams in general), ar9 jumps as well as high SVs at the end of the map. I can see players potentially picking or banning this map, depending on whether they choose to specialize in this or not.

Asymmetry
Definitely a very good map to be picked. Tests on fair amounts of consistency, accuracy, reading and rhythm in general.

Thieves Night Trick
Don't snap in this map. Don't snap or you will have a hard time. Follow the rhythm and make your cursor movement as smooth as possible.
TIP: Hit Lighting helps a lot.

Heavenly Moon
So far (imo) the easiest map(tied with I want you to know) in this mappool. I dunno about the DT maps, but this is quite easy for a Ro16 (as long as you can stream od10).

Everlasting Guilty Crown
Consistency battle and combo battle with HR on a 5min map. 's gonna be hell if you don't know how to HR and would be better off banning it instead of training for it.

I Want You to Know
Easy FC for those consistent players. LET'S GO ACC BATTLE

Aspirin
Tricky alternates just like Jeffrey said, and beware of chokes.

That's it for now.

Ex6TenZ wrote:

enji game :D

Viores wrote:

Best of luck. ;)
show more