forum

Cracking Idea Mafia [Game Over]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zexion

Cracking Idea Mafia

Or: what the hell is this? Are the goo seriously attacking us?

Setup: Cracking Idea Mafia

Still alive (Alive)
Hika, Mafia Tracker, survived and won!
Batujistu, Bulletproof Mafia Goon, survived and won!

Discovered that the cake was a lie (Dead)
Ace Timing, Alien Avenger, was killed Day 1.
beeboy123, Town Clairvoyant, was killed Night 1.
DakeDekaane, Grey Goo, was lynched Day 2.
-[Jess]-, Town Clairvoyant, was killed Night 2.
Frostings, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 3.
- Magic Bomb -, Town Doctor, was killed Night 3.
metal sonic1, Mason, was lynched Day 4.
Sakura, Town Tracker, was killed Night 4.
Navizel, Excellent Sense of Smell Townie, was endgamed.
Xiz, Town One Shot Day Vigilante, was endgamed.

I want you gone (Modkilled)
I'm really glad this box stayed empty.

Roles, Actions, Choices and Proof of randomness.
Topic Starter
Zexion
Game Rules

(Again stolen from Amianki, sorry man but your rule set is pretty much perfect. Changed a few stuff)

General
1.1) All site rules apply. Be familiar with them before playing.
1.2) Unless your role PM says otherwise, you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the thread.
1.3) Quoting any PM from the moderator will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing is usually acceptable.
1.4) You are not alllowed to talk about on-going mafia games under any circumstances.
1.5) This is a game and strong language/tones are possible. As long as it remains civil, it is acceptable. Personal grudges or harassment (sexist, homophobic, racist, etc.) is not acceptable. The first offense will result in a warning, while the second will result in a force replace.

Game Mechanics
2.1) All votes must be bolded. Votes without this format will be ignored.
[b]Vote: Player[/b]
2.2) Votes within quote or spoiler tags will be ignored.
2.3) It is recommended to use a player's full name for votes, but it is acceptable to shorten it as long as it doesn't cause confusion. Any ambiguous votes will be ignored.
2.4) Unvoting is recommended for changing your vote, but not required. The exceptions are when you aren't placing another vote or if you have a multiple voting ability.
2.5) A lynch will be achieved when 50%+1 of the player list has their vote on a single person. Once that threshold is reached, the game enters twilight and no more votes will count for the day. No lynch votes require only 50% of the player list to go through.
2.6) During twilight players and the lynchee are still allowed to talk, but as stated in 2.5 there will be no more votes. Twilight ends as soon as the mod posts the lynch scene.
2.7) You are allowed a single post in the thread once you are dead. (Namely, a "Bah!" post) This post must not contain any game-relevant information.
2.8) If deadline is reached without anyone ever hitting the lynch threshold, then a lynch will only occur if someone is at one vote below the lynch threshold. If multiple, then the first one to hit it will be lynched. Anything else below that will lead to No Lynch.
2.9) If you have a night action, it can be changed as many times as you want as long its still within the deadline the mod has given. Anything after that will have no effect.

Activity and Deadlines
3.1) Do your best to stay active. This game is a commitment.
3.2) If you do not post in the thread for 24 hours, you are eligable for a prod PM. Players may request a prod if another player hasn't posted in that time.
3.3) If a player has to be prodded 3 times in a day, or 4 times total across the game, they may be force-replaced.
3.4) Players have 24 hours after recieving a prod to open the PM. After this threshold has passed, I will begin looking for a replacement.
3.5) If you will be gone for an extended period of time, you may post your V/LA in bold. The Prod Timer will be ignored for the duration and will be reset once it is over. V/LAs should not be longer than half of a day phase if you will have no access.
3.6) If you have to be gone for a significant amount of time, you will most likely be replaced. Finding your own replacement is appreciated, but not strictly required.
3.7) Deadlines will be days equal to the amount of players left alive, with a minimum of five days.
3.8) Nights will have a 36 hour deadline, plus about 2 hours depending on where it ends to allow the mod to resolve actions correctly. Failure to submit an action will result in you doing nothing for the night.
3.9) Deadlines for both day and night may be extended depending on the circumstances. While night deadlines will only be extended due to replacement issues, day deadlines are more flexible. Replacements are most likely to be the cause of a day's deadline extending, but aren't necessarily the only possible cause.

Miscellaneous
4.1) Do not post in blue. This is the moderator's color. Any other color is fair game as long as it doesn't detract from the game's readability.
4.2) I will do my best to post vote counts at least once a day. Depending on the activity level, I will post vote counts either more or less often. If you request a vote count, I will provide one at the next opportunity.
4.3) Do not post cryptography, codes, invisible text, or small text.
4.4) Editing your post is grounds for an immediate modkill. Don't do it. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
4.5) All story flavor is completely game-irrelevant.
4.7) If a vote count is incorrect, let me know and I'll correct it when I have time.
4.8) Feel free to PM me if something in the game or ruleset is unclear.
4.9) Loopholes do not exist. Use common sense. If something sounds like it would be against the rules and isn't listed here, chances are you will still be punished for it. See rule 4.8 if you're unsure.
4.10) I reserve the right to modify the ruleset as needed. If this happens, you will be notified in thread.

Game Specific
5.1) This a semi-open setup based on card choices, much like Greater Idea Mafia.
5.2) Please refer to the third post for the mechanic regarding the election of the roles. Basicaly, you will get two cards, one of them you will choose as your role and the other will be discarded and publicaly anounced.
5.3) After each player made its choice the setup will be accepted if it meets the following criteria:
  1. At least 50% of the players belong to the town faction.
  2. There are at least 2-4 anti-town roles. (Pseudojester and Lyncher don't count for this), number depending on the players who signed up to play.
5.4) If the conditions in 5.3) are not met, the setup will be re-rolled with each player requiring to pick roles again. This will occur until the setup is accepted.
Topic Starter
Zexion
Choosing mechanic:

After signups have ended, you will recieve an initial role PM stating two role cards.

You have drawn the following two cards, please choose one for your role. The other one will be anounced as your discard at the beginning of the game.

Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon

To that you must reply with your choice like this or similar:

I choose Vanilla Townie, and discard Mafia Goon

If the setup is accepted (i.e. conditions in rule 5.3) are met) you willl recieve your role PM:

Welcome to Cracking Idea Mafia, <PlayerName>!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
  1. During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting in the thread when the mod tells to do so.

After all players confirm, your discarded role will be posted along with the other players' discarded cards:

<PlayerName> discarded Mafia Goon.

------------------------------------------------------

Sample PM's:

You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated and at least one Town-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by posting in the thread when the mod tells to do so.

You are a Mafia Goon.

Abilities:
  2. Factional Kill: The Mafia may kill one player per Night, one of the members of this faction must perform the kill.
  3. Factional Communication: If there are other Mafia-aligned players, there will be a Mafia QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all players without a Mafia wincon are eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same)..

You are a Alien Avenger.

Abilities:
  2. Factional Kill: The Aliens may teamkill a player at night <AmmountOfAlienKills> times. One of the members of this faction must perform the kill.
  3. Factional Communication: If there are other Alien-aligned players, there will be an Alien QT that can be used pre-game and during the Night.
  4. Avenger: If you are lynched, whomever placed the hammer vote will die.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all players without an Alien wincon are eliminated and at least one Alien-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).

You are a Lyncher.

Abilities:
  2. Lyncher: Your mission in the game is to get <LyncheeName> lynched and you being on his/her wagon. If your target is killed by another means you will convert to a Vanilla Townie. (And your win conditions will change acordingly)
Win Condition:
  1. You win when your target is lynched and you are on his/her wagon.

You are a Pseudojester.

Abilities:
  2. Pseudojester: If you are lynched, you will convert to the same alignment as the player that hammered you. You cannot win otherwise.
Win Condition:
  1. You can't win unless you're lynched, and then your win condition will change acordingly.

You are a Red Goo.

Abilities:
  2. One-Shot Unstoppable Kill: Once during the game, at Night, you may PM me the name of another player. This player will unstoppably die, even if bulletproof, etc. This ability cannot be redirected or blocked. I will announce this death as being due to a Red Goo.
Win Condition:
  1. You win when all players without a Goo wincon are eliminated and at least one Goo-aligned player is still alive (or nothing can prevent the same).
MBomb
/in
Ace Timing
yooo /in tho
GuyInFreezer
/in

WotC: GIF
Topic Starter
Zexion

GuyInFreezer wrote:

/in

WotC: GIF
Noted. (?)
Sakura
/in
Hika
/replace
If you can't fill up, let me know.
-[Jess]-
/in

Please I don't want to be banned ;_;
Topic Starter
Zexion
Come on people, it will be fun!
Frostings
I can /in by next week if it doesn't fill
DakeDekaane
Looks fun.

/in
pieguyn
/in

fufufu ~
Sakura

pieguyn wrote:

/in

fufufu ~
holy shit
Topic Starter
Zexion
If it doesn't fill by saturday, I'll be reducing the player ammount to 9 and will ask Hika and Frostings to join.

You guys wouldn't mind, right?
Navizel
/in I guess
Hika
i wont mind
pm me to fill
metal sonic1
/in
pieguyn
fufufu

ufufufufu

fufufufufufu ~