forum

Marron Koshaku (feat. Shin) - PariJona Daisakusen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
This is one of the japanese full versions of the ending songs you hear from the anime TV series, (Crayon) Shin-Chan.

It's my first, so expect the mappings to be pretty loose and hard to see. I swear, someone should make commandments for a proper beatmapping. :|

Download here!
eyup
Oops I'm afraid there is. I don't have Japanese language support installed so the filename of the mp3 can't be read by osu!. So the song that plays during the beatmap is the last one that osu! loaded...
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
Blastit! :x I knew that was bound to happen.

This means I'll have to start the beatmap all over again just to make it play a different music file. :cry:
eyup
Not true! You can rename the mp3, then open up the .osu file in notepad and change the sound file link (AudioFilename, near the top) manually.
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
Okay, let me try again.

File re-uploaded.
Extor
I don't know what was the change between the 2 versions, but when Osu! extracts de beatmap, it creates a japanese-named directory, and an .osu file too.

I have japanese characters so, I'll review this beatmap.

Overall it's great, I has some feel of copy paste on it though, maybe you can mirror some parts to make it a bit different. And try to check the slider at 2:56:44, I think you should make it a bit longer to make it follow the beats.

That's all, awesome beatmap for your first try!
Topic Starter
Oddbrother

Extor wrote:

copy paste on it though, maybe you can mirror some parts.
Yes, I have been copying and pasting some beats during the chorus along the way and flipping them horizontally afterwards, so you get the same feeling, yet start on the other foot. Should I flip them vertically too, or find some different parts to mirror?

Extor wrote:

And slider at 2:56:44, make it a bit longer.
Okay, I'll make the slider at 2:56:44 longer.

Thanks! Beatmap updated!
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Well done! After fixing it up a bit, I think this is perfect for ranked. =D
peppy
I'm happy with this one. Yay for crayon-shin chan!

Shall we rank it? Are the japanese characters in the directory name a problem for you still eyup? I think it should be fine now that the mp3 doesn't contain any (I'll have to look into this one).
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
I HAVE tested international characters this time. Renaming an MP3 file name to have a stranger character in it makes it a problem. But, rather, if putting it in directory names and Beatmap file names (.OSU), there are no conflicts.

Example:
I tried this on Portal - Still Alive by renaming the directory name and the Beatmap file names to a club "♣" and left its music and image files unrenamed, and they still work fine. So hopefully this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

YIPEE, I LEARNED SOMETHING! :D
peppy
The problem is that its not just a matter of whether osu! can handle it. Take a look in rankings when you try and download the .osu file. Also, as most people can't read japanese, it is probably best to have the title in english. That's just my opinion though. We should probably change this one!

That said, I'd like to look into getting my unicode support a bit better than it is. Not sure when I'll get around to this though.
Topic Starter
Oddbrother
Alright, I've re-uploaded and attached the latest OSU file with an English name. Hopefully it will work now.

Download: Marron Koshaku (feat. Shin) - PariJona Daisakusen (Oddbrother).osu
peppy
I'm going to leave the old one up until I get home tonight. I have to say that this is an AWESOME song :D.

YEEEEAH YEAAAH
Jean_old
I really love this one too. XD It's so fun! (and adorable) I totally yanked the mp3 for my actual playlist.
Aka
epic title