forum

Michael Jackson - Thriller

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
It's finally time for another MJ-song. This one is two times longer, and much harder, than my first one.
http://osu.ppy.sh/d/108
What do you think?
Edit: Now updated with an easy version.
eyup
What do I think? ...I can't think because I'm too busy MOONWALKING! Hoo! Now was it left foot up and slide, or was it....

Great map, I approve! You've done the song justice. If you want to make it even better, maybe some of the note placement can be improved - it feels a bit random sometimes, and looks slightly messy in places. For example, the phrases at 0:41.85 and 0:49.96.

Go do Billie Jean! That's an order! :mrgreen:
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've updated the beatmap a bit now. I changed the position of some of the beats, and I think it's a bit better now.
Outdated.
Extor
I love the beatmap! (I love MJ songs a lot) =3

My only "complain" can be that some sliders should be a bit more spaced from the rest of the notes sometimes, becuase there is some kind of pause between them.

And if you post a new version of the song, try to upload the .osz with the same name AND attach the new .osu in your post. (This is the best case, you can only post the .osu and I will be nice)

Thanks a lot for this beatmap, we really needed more MJ. =D
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I'm really glad that I asked you to do this one! Brilliant job! I especially love your beat placement, the patterns are so nice. ^___^
peppy
Good work on this one - I'm happy with it as-is (without any of the slider adjustments - they should be fine). If you see a few of my other recent replies, I've been suggesting that for any of these really difficult beatmaps, the author also provides an easy/normal version for those who can't handle this speed of play. Would you be able to do this as well? I think it shouldn't take too long to knock something together from scratch, or by reducing the amount of beats in the version you've got complete.

If not, I think this is ready for ranking.
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've made an easy version now. The .osu is attached below, and a new .osz is available in the first post.

Download: Michael Jackson - Thriller (Loginer) [Easy].osu
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Okay, looks great! *Ranks*
Topic Starter
Loginer
Hey, why isn't the hard beatmap ranked? ;_;"
peppy
I'm very confused. Where did this "normal" beatmap come from...?

*Fixes*
Saturio

peppy wrote:

I'm very confused. Where did this "normal" beatmap come from...?

*Fixes*
I hear this when I hear Michael Jackson's song first time.XD
nektaryn
sorry guys i know you love MJ but this map is HORRIBLE...
fix it or move from ranked.
Ekaru

nektaryn wrote:

This is one of the very first beatmaps made. Saturio was like "let's bump a topic over a year and a half old since the last post!"

Beatmaps from this era had different standards than those of today. The first 14 packs or so of beatmaps are mostly like this. :P
foulcoon

nektaryn wrote:

The map is 2 years old. It's being remapped very soon, so give it a rest.
Powerdrone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.