forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Pause-loop keeps looping even out of pause screen.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Siirupp
Problem Details:
The pause-loop sound will keep playing anywhere in osu! if you click retry or back to menu button too fast after pausing a game. Restarting the game seems to be the only fix.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
-

osu! version: 20160403.4
Pawsu
Are you referring to this? t/429619
Also, make sure your osu! is updated.
Topic Starter
Siirupp

Pawsu wrote:

Are you referring to this? t/429619
Also, make sure your osu! is updated.

Yes. It is Stable(Latest) and i haven't touched it for a while, so the problem still exists..
EDIT: Here is a vid: http://puu.sh/o5O7y/6735b971bf.mp4
Nekomata
Can confirm this still happens on my end.

very rarely it resolves itself after a retry but the 100% workaround is to restart
Clem
This happens VERY often on my end (about every 5 minutes). I have to then close the game and reopen it. Please fix it, the issue started 3-4 days ago for me.

I think it is caused by selecting an option of the pause screen too fast before the music starts and therefore, the game never receives the indication to stop the music since it wasn't playing at the time.

^ It doesn't seem to be the case as it still hapened even when I waited. Could it be the fail screen/pause screen interfering?

Also I noticed the volume of the music is different so sometimes the pause music is going to keep playing very low and sometimes at full volume.

Version: 20160409.3
VeilStar
...? This should have been fixed a month ago and I can't reproduce this at all.
Clem

VeilStar wrote:

...? This should have been fixed a month ago and I can't reproduce this at all.
I'm on stable (lastest). Could it be that you're on cutting edge and this issue is only fixed in cutting edge?
VeilStar
I can't reproduce it on Stable (Latest) either and this should have already been fixed, which is why I'm confused.
Deconfirming this for now.
DeletedUser_4329079
Sometimes after pausing and resuming the game fast, the pause menu sound gets stuck forever and only goes away after restarting the game.

osu! version: 20160507cuttingedge
Pawsu
Yea - this has happened to me before too. It was supposed to be fixed as seen here, but like I said before it's happened to me also.
Pawsu
This happened to me about 2 weeks ago, it completed looped even while playing and wouldn't stop. Not sure why or how it triggered it to happen.
VeilStar
Does anyone have a way to reproduce this? If so, please post steps on how to.

Edit: Well here's something p/5127213
Still can't seem to reproduce though.
Keirun
I think it just happens when you alt+tab out of osu! in fullscreen, difficult to reproduce but i seem to get this problem every session I play, sometimes retry'ing a map helps, others im forced to restart osu, its getting annoying.
Sayune
Problem Details:
Hey, I often get a sound bug at Qualified maps. So for example I start a qualified map and in the background I hear the Pause Screen Sound all the time. Even if I stop playing that song and play another one, it's still there. I always have to restart my osu! to fix it.

Is it just me, or is this some osu! related issue?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/pbr8k/b3a06aa75c.mp3

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Lacrimosa
It's not only you. This seems to have happened to other people as well. t/439192.
Sayune
I see. I didn't find that post while searching. I'm blind :X. Time to fix it Peppy :p
VeilStar

Sayune wrote:

I see. I didn't find that post while searching. I'm blind :X. Time to fix it Peppy :p
How do you reproduce this issue?

Merged your thread into this one btw.
Sayune

VeilStar wrote:

Sayune wrote:

How do you reproduce this issue?

Merged your thread into this one btw.
It mostly only happens at qualified maps. Soo. Well. Before you start a qualified map, instead of starting the map, osu shows you the yellow background announcing that this is an qualified map. It happens almost always if you press ESC at this time, or while the song is playing. It also happens if you Pause the game, and start it again in a very small time interval. Hope I could help :)

It's strange. I can't really reproduce it myself if I try right now. It just happens...

I assume this could get a little tricky to fix...
DeletedUser_4329079
It happens in non qualified maps as well, all the times it's happened to me I was trying to fc something and clicked the retry button quickly after missing. Sadly I don't know the exact steps to make it happen, but I'd relate it to the retry button.
hitsuji
i'm watching this since the pause loop sound is implemented to osu!.
this get's after a few restarts really annoying.
show more