forum

Lilo and Stitch: The Series Intro

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 05, 2008 at 2:34:27 PM

Artist:
Title: Lilo and Stitch: The Series Intro
BPM: 107
Filesize: 12229kb
Play Time: 00:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.4 stars, 60 notes)
  2. Hard (4.61 stars, 118 notes)
Download: Lilo and Stitch: The Series Intro
Download: Lilo and Stitch: The Series Intro (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second beatmap, this time to the theme song of Lilo and Stitch: The Series.

This one didn't take nearly as long as my first map (only a few hours this time!) and I think I got the BPM and offset correct on my own since I actually read the tutorials , used the BPM analyzer AND respected beat spacing. (What a concept!)

I plan on adding an easy and normal mode to this map later on, so that hopefully this song can be ranked. :) (/me hopes...)

Once again, let me know if you see anything I can change or fix, and have fun playing this song!!!

EDIT: Made suggested changes to map, and added normal difficulty.
EDIT2: Made suggested changes to normal difficulty, which made the star level go down, so I changed the difficulty name to easy.
EDIT3: Made suggested changes to hard difficulty.
EDIT4: Made MaybeLater_x's suggested changes to both easy and hard difficulties.
EDIT5: Stacked really quick notes, and added background according to LuigiHann's suggestions. :)
EDIT6: Resnapped and respaced according to MaxwellDemon's suggestions. Thank you :)
EDIT7: Edited video offset at the suggestion of LuigiHann. Thank you for the bubble! :)
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Thank you for the suggestions, Rolled.

I fixed those things and also added a normal difficulty.

Mod away... :)
Rolled
This map can get pretty confusing since it is mapped to the vocals, and the vocals are pretty all over the place. I am sad to admit though that I know the lilo and stitch theme song (at least the beat >_>) pretty well, and I still managed to get 20 some odd 100s on this.

More than anything, the volume needs to be turned down on this song. It is not the best quality mp3, so turn the volume of the hit sounds down so it doesn't drown it out. (song setup, audio, sample volume) In my opinion the soft sample set sounds better for this, too.

Here are some nitpicks now in order to make this less confusing (hard):
00:12:83 - snap this to the white tick in the timeline (or highlight it and press K)
00:34:04 (1) - 00:42:69 (4) - All of this could be done to the vocals more accurately. If it's giving you some trouble try using a slider in place of the first few hit circles of each combo.
00:41:43 (1) - Snap this on the white tick
00:41:99 (1,2,3,4) - Highlight these and press K on a 1/4th snap divisor.
00:42:97 (1,2) - These as well.
00:51:94 (1) - Have the beginning of this slider start on at 00:52:08, and then shorten the tail a quarter beat.

And normal:
00:11:71 (3) - Extend the end of this slider to 00:12:13 and get rid of that last beat. Sliders this short are kind of pointless (in a slow map, anyway)
00:12:78 (4) - Highlight & K
00:13:67 (6) - Move this up to 00:13:95?
00:17:17 (1) - Highlight and K (dont forget to fix spacing of this stream of 4)
00:19:56 (1) - 00:29:51 (4) - Just wanted to say this whole section is good. Try to keep a map like this as simple as possible, using mostly half and whole beats.
00:35:16 (1)- 00:41:89 (1) - Fix all of this again. For each little phrase that is said (00:35:16 (1,2,3,4)) try using a slider and then a hit at the end. I'll show you what I mean in an attatched image.
00:42:92 (1) - Snap this to the whole beat at 00:43:11
00:44:14 (2) - Highlight and press K (just like Hard)
00:51:94 (1) - Make this begin a quarter beat later (the white tick) and shorten the length of the slider a quarter beat.

K, seems like a lot but doing this will improve your beatmap A LOT. Should be quite rankable after this.
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Seems I forgot to bump the post when I updated a while back.
This is just to let everyone know the song is updated according to what Rolled told me.

If anyone would like to star/bubble it, go ahead... :)
MaybeLater_x
The timing for the notes on this map are excellent, I must say.

HARD
00:27:23 - move (6) one nudge to the left.
00:41:96 to 00:42:89 - this is way to scrunched up, I can't see a thing. Spread this out a bit more so the player can actually see what they're doing.
00:46:39 - (7) needs to be moved closer to (6) to match the rest of the beatspacing, and shouldn't be hiding under previous circles.

EASY
00:24:44 - I'd snap (2) to the white ticker, then alter the beatspacing accordingly.
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Thank you for the suggestions MaybeLater_x! :)

I updated the maps according to your suggestions.

I appreciate you all taking the time to find all these things that I, as the mapper, can't see.

If anyone finds anything else that needs to be fixed for ranking or just to make it more fun, let me know! :D
Topic Starter
jmaeshawn
Just to let everyone know, this map is still waiting to be ranked...

Any one want to mod/suggest/star/bubble/rank it? :D

Pick your favorite of the above choices, but no ignoring it please. :)
LuigiHann
Hard mode is hard. That's fine, but with a map as lighthearted as this one maybe you should also make a Normal mode between easy and hard. Also, use stacks for the 1/4 double notes in hard mode, it'll be easier to follow, in my opinion.

Also, you have a perfect opportunity for a cool BG image and video combination. Add
0,0,"bg.jpg"
Above the video in the "Background and Video events" section.

MaxwellDemon
Easy

00:29:51 (4) - Spacing... just needs to be slightly further away.
00:35:16 (1) - It could go onto the white ticks, in my opinion. XD
00:46:89 (6) - 1/4th forward

Hard

00:34:04 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Needs to be snapped the 1/8th divisor... you'll need to manually resnap them. XD
00:38:62 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Same thing here
00:41:29 (1) - This slider isn't follow anything. :o
00:44:04 (2) - Snap to the blue tick

Seems like some notes are not completely snapped in the map too. Recheck to see if any notes seem away from a tick, and try resnapping all notes at the 1/8th divisor.
LuigiHann
The video offset could be a little better, but other than that the map is fine. Bubbled.
mtmcl
It's all good yo. Even if I'm not exactly a fan of the song.