forum

Yoko Shimomura - Song of Mana

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mtmcl
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 2:08:23 PM

Artist: Yoko Shimomura
Title: Song of Mana
BPM: 120
Filesize: 18305kb
Play Time: 02:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (1.95 stars, 116 notes)
  2. Nightmare (4.81 stars, 317 notes)
  3. No Future (4.97 stars, 372 notes)
Download: Yoko Shimomura - Song of Mana
Download: Yoko Shimomura - Song of Mana (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The theme song from Legend of Mana. The lyrics are Swedish.

EDIT: Nightmare added. Beatmap complete (okay, so it's just No Future with 1 million points skimmed off)! Begin debating timing NOW!
EDIT: Used some of Ival's suggestions.
EDIT: WTF
EDIT: Some added sound diversity in No Future. More to come, probably.
EDIT: awp's picky offset suggestion.
EDIT: Video added!
EDIT: Followed Sinistro's suggestions.
EDIT: [No Future], the most difficult of difficulties, added!

Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Numbers_old
I sucked to bad to understand the rythm Sinistro mentioned, But I think I know what he meant. I love maps that work that way, beat placement that actually adds to the rythm without just following it are just full of win. I'm trying to learn how that technique works myself at the moment. But, I got incredible confused.... Why are they singing in Swedish? Is it a original or is it some weird remix? Neat regardless.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Nice job! I approve.

Shuriken for you!

NINJA STAR!
awp
Your offsets are 5ms early imo

Yeah I'm picky but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFACK YOU

Normal:
Anticlimactic ending? It doesn't feel like an ending until it starts to fade out, but that's just me.

No Future: =(
00:24:17 (10) - Finish sound effect? <3 On the next one too, I kinda like it. You could probably do more superawesomes with the sounds here.
I like how you made your own track for this difficulty, but there's a couple spots that trip me (eg 5+ streams that end on a quarter beat). A learning process, I suppose.
Topic Starter
mtmcl

numbers wrote:

I sucked to bad to understand the rythm Sinistro mentioned, But I think I know what he meant. I love maps that work that way, beat placement that actually adds to the rythm without just following it are just full of win. I'm trying to learn how that technique works myself at the moment. But, I got incredible confused.... Why are they singing in Swedish? Is it a original or is it some weird remix? Neat regardless.
This is the original Song of Mana from Legend of Mana. It was composed by Yoko Shimomura and the lyrics are in some European language.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mtmcl

Rolled wrote:

The timing for this map is annoying me. This is what I got:

{TimingPoints}

Copy and paste into .osu kthx. (brackets, though) The first numbers are the actual offsets, though.

This still gave me an assload of 100s. Well whatever offset you decide on using, make sure all of your following offsets are adjusted accordingly.

Ask Saturos imo. He's 10x better than me at fine tuning faster songs like this.

edit:
<hi_awp> Rolled was on about something
<hi_awp> I'm not exactly sure what

I got a lot of 100s playing through the original timing, like 40. When mark altered the first offset, he didn't make the same adjustments to the second and third offsets. So if anything, he has to do that. What initial offset he uses is up to him/yous though.
I adjusted the rest of the offsets, damnit. Saturos said he'd try the map tomorrow.
EiJi
Other than a slight spacing concern on normal, this looks great to me.

I will admit that the offset seems a TAD early, Mark and I differ GREATLY with offsets. It really is just barely early.

Anyway, bubble from me. Even if this is wrong, Saturos enjoys eating bubbles, so I'd be feeding him. ;)
MaxwellDemon
Okay, I find this song no problem at all after running it through like three times XD... *ranked*
Let's just hope peppy doesn't come in and break it and then rattle on me about it. :P
Saturos
Blaah, I meant to get to this yesterday, but I was weak and slept instead.

I hope this turned out well. Guess I'll find out when I get home. ;x
Cpt Normality
Just thought I should mention that the name of the singer is Annika Ljungberg so maybe you could change that.
Topic Starter
mtmcl
I'd considered that, but the mp3 came with the artist tag as Yoko Shimomura.
Cpt Normality

mtmcl wrote:

I'd considered that, but the mp3 came with the artist tag as Yoko Shimomura.
Ok, that might be because she composed the entire soundtrack for Legend of Mana
Xgor
I screamed "Vad F**"(yes i swore in Swedish) when i heard they sang in Swedish!