forum

Comp - Higashi no Kuni no Waltz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinde
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 5:28:16 PM

Artist: Comp
Title: Higashi no Kuni no Waltz
Source: Touhou
Tags: Ranko Paprika Necrofantasia ZUN Buta-Otome Gensou Homo Ludens Shinxyn
BPM: 165
Filesize: 5382kb
Play Time: 03:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.64 stars, 200 notes)
  2. Hard (4.02 stars, 283 notes)
  3. Shinxyn's Insane (4.87 stars, 461 notes)
Download: Comp - Higashi no Kuni no Waltz
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second favorite song from Buta-Otome's "Gensou Homo Ludens" album. The first being Gensou no Satellite, which you can check out here. :D
KanaRin
I love this song too >w<
Star~*
Lybydose
First timing section offset seems fine. Some of the instruments don't really sync up perfectly, so some notes sound slightly off.

I'm not really sure why you're using 1/3 snap and 4/4 timing signature. It should be mapped at 1/4 with 165 BPM and 3/4 time signature. Waltz = 3/4 time, not necessarily triplet timing. You can multiply slider velocity by 0.66666 after changing the BPM for each difficulty and it will (mostly) preserve your sliders. You might have to fix some of them by one tick or so.

As for the ending:

Your 2nd section needs -11ms, so 196,440 offset (still 165 BPM)

The rest of the slowdown

BPM//Offset

153//207,348
132//207,740
116//208,194
102//208,711
87//209,299
57//209,988

These last few sections sync up with the guitar. This means that the "ka" and "la" vocals at the very end do not match up with these timing sections.
Topic Starter
Shinde
:D Thanks Lyby. I'll try this out later tonight.

Also, oops. ;__; I honestly had no idea. I'm not very good at music signatures to be honest. 110 was flat and 1/3's worked so I asssumed that was correct. So double thanks.
yeahyeahyeahhh
get some mroe stars, cant find anything huh.
dkun
I found nothing wrong.
❤ = ★

that is one sexy insane, really.
Garven
Om nom nom

[General]
The dark blue combo color is pretty hard to see approach circles for when the AR gets around 8 or so.

[Easy]
There a need for stack leniency that low?
01:06:612 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Just the general flow seems a little iffy on an easy. Same with copy/paste later
02:10:976 (1,2,3) - I've found formations like these are rather confounding to new players
02:31:703 (2,3) - This overlap can be easily adjusted out of

[Hard]
Such a great use of such unorthodox spacing. I love it!
The only one that tripped me up was 02:12:794 (1,2) - and only on sight read. Afterward, I was fine.

[Shinxyn's Insane]
03:28:712 (4) - Eeh, I know it's for the pattern, but it's so noticeably off-time on the last hit. :/
Shinxyn

Garven wrote:

[General]
The dark blue combo color is pretty hard to see approach circles for when the AR gets around 8 or so. I thought I set my diff to AR 7... forgot, meeh AR 7 or 8 works for my diff (though a couple of parts become harder to read on 7 due to patterns, not colour~)

[Shinxyn's Insane]
03:28:712 (4) - Eeh, I know it's for the pattern, but it's so noticeably off-time on the last hit. :/ but slowing down notes will make it tricki-..... okay changed~
I changed the AR to 7, though Shinde can change it back to 8 if she wants, I don't mind (I also did HP+2... and it +1.7mil to points? D:)
Guess I'll mod a bit, too...?

Easy-
I agree with Garven about stack leniency, more so for the 3 parts with notes stacked 2 beats apart (they're directly stacked on top of each other, which I wouldn't agree on for Easy)
Rest is fine for me (though overall this feels a bit like Easy+)

Hard is fine (hitsounds... were meh)

Don't kudosu since I didn't really need to point out anything~

Download: Comp - Higashi no Kuni no Waltz (Shinde) [Shinxyn's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Shinde

Garven wrote:

Om nom nom

[General]
The dark blue combo color is pretty hard to see approach circles for when the AR gets around 8 or so. I dunno, I can read em alright but. Also, I did change your AR to 8 @ Shinxyn. The patterns looked better to me on 8. But I guess then that comes with having some problems reading it due to color. AR 7.5 anyone? :p Lol.

[Easy]
There a need for stack leniency that low? +0.2
01:06:612 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Just the general flow seems a little iffy on an easy. Same with copy/paste later I wasn't particularly fond of the pattern so I did something different.
02:10:976 (1,2,3) - I've found formations like these are rather confounding to new players :D I'll leave it as is.
02:31:703 (2,3) - This overlap can be easily adjusted out of Oops I was off a grid.

You might be able to tell that I ran out of motivation on Easy. =s I think it's good enough, but mapping Easies certainly isn't my favorite thing to do since I can't relate to the map as much.

[Hard]
Such a great use of such unorthodox spacing. I love it!
The only one that tripped me up was 02:12:794 (1,2) - and only on sight read. Afterward, I was fine.

[Shinxyn's Insane]
03:28:712 (4) - Eeh, I know it's for the pattern, but it's so noticeably off-time on the last hit. :/

End of the song is all blargh. =( She sings off time with the background instruments so it's kinda meh. I believe all three difficulties endings are fair enough, though I didn't like this factor.
I can't think of a good naming scheme for all three difficulties so I can rename Easy, so I guess I'll leave it as is. .__. I do acknowledge Easy being more of an Easy+ though.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Waltzy, I likely.

GL, bubble.
ztrot
Nice slow flow, relaxing even for a toohoo song GJ shinde
Topic Starter
Shinde
Thanks, hope you guys like it. =o Time to go slowly cook something else up.
Faust
Awesome, Shinde !

That didn't take long at all eh.
Topic Starter
Shinde
I can do amazing things when I set my mind to it! .. Until ADD kicks in. :(

Thank you kindly, Faust.
Shinxyn
t-that was fast O.o
Faust

Shinde wrote:

I can do amazing things when I set my mind to it! .. Until ADD kicks in. :(

Thank you kindly, Faust.
And...by the way, your signature needs some updating ;)
Garven
Wow, I guess you don't need a recheck then (redesign of pattern in Easy is goodtilde). Gratz!