forum

IOSYS - Kyuurimi no Biiru wo Nomeba Iiyo!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 at 8:28:45 PM

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Kyuurimi no Biiru wo Nomeba Iiyo!
BPM: 180
Filesize: 4519kb
Play Time: 01:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.15 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Hard (4.92 stars, 181 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 450 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Kyuurimi no Biiru wo Nomeba Iiyo!
Download: IOSYS - Kyuurimi no Biiru wo Nomeba Iiyo! (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I saw this video on YouTube, and it was so cuuuuute!~ Knew I'd have to try mapping it. Far from done, though. Only thing I'm really concerned about right now is if I have a good starting point, or if I should start earlier. Anyone?

Edit: Hard has a good starting point, but I decided to "try something" with Insane. Looks like it's working, IMO at least. Still far from finished. D=

Edit: Insane mode complete! It's... insane. O_O!
Edit: Finished Hard mode and added Normal mode. -Should- be done now. Feedback please. =D
Edit: Added insanely insane version. I don't consider it for "serious" play, so when this is close to being ranked, I'll remove it from the .osz (unless ya'll want it in there >_>)
Edit: Spin-hit-hit spots in Hard changed. It's a different kind of difficult now. =3
Edit: Sliders on Normal are slow now.
Edit: Changed Insane and Hard as per Rolled's instructions.
Edit: Fixed a spot in normal that Saturos pointed out. Also the spot Burai poked at.

Edit: Removed insanely insane and added a BG image for you non-video players. (AKA HEATHENS)
James
ahh the pickle something song?
i was supposed to map this but somewhere in the middle i got bored.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
The translation:You should drink cucumber flavored beer!

>_>

But yeah, is this a good place to start, or should I start earlier? The intro being long might drive off impatient players.
James
oh right cucumber, and the whole song is like 3mins long? you can do it

Download: Ke$ha - Dinosaur (ayey) [Rasyad95's Dino].osu
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Yeah, I know I can do it, it'll be super easy to map. XD

But seriously, do I have the "right" starting spot, or is 30 second intro just too long?
James
well if you could be creative why not make your own sounds at the beginning? or mix em up with the bgm
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

James wrote:

well if you could be creative why not make your own sounds at the beginning? or mix em up with the bgm
That would take like... creativity. LOL
Agent BA8 Rookbie
Well, as I said on IRC, the sliders in Normal are a bit fast. Plus, those spinner then beat bits in Hard are kinda overkill, especially with the fact that they're rather overused. They're good once or twice, but if you have too many of them, it just confuses people. It confused me, and I nearly failed.

Download: Ichigo - YU-MU (MarioBros777) [Easy].osu

Download: Ichigo - YU-MU (MarioBros777) [Lunatic].osu
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Confusion is good, especially in Pokemon. Either way, I'll edit hard if enough people complain. XD

Main reason I used so many spin-hit spin-hit-hit formations is because it's practically my trademark by now. That, and I don't like re-using the same hit sequences over and over, I think it gets boring. The song itself is very repetetive with the vocals, so it doesn't really inspire much for mapping. I had to be original. =D
Rolled
okay, most of your insane maps are like WTFIMPOSSIBLE and just become battles for points like overdrive or marisa. Aka nobody will ever FC them. However, I can picture this song being a pretty hard yet FCable map that osu needs more of. There is a thin line between Insane and impossible, and your insane map is BARELY on the impossible side. Lets get it on the insane side pls?

00:25:78 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Get rid of the 7 in all of these pls. With the overlappingness and the jump this jsut gets too confusing. Also the two vertical overlaps can get a bit confusing. Either space them as far apart as possible (while still on the Y axis) or break them apart, one on the left side one on the right? up to you.
00:44:28 (2) - Looks like a 1/4th. Space better.
00:49:78 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - The second 1,2,3 is stacked and I found that awkward personally. I think it should be 1234567, then have a triplet. In other words have the first beat of the trip start at 00:50:78 (ish? The full beat)
00:51:62 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Ugly D:
01:43:45 (1,2,3,4,5) - Keep the 1/4th stream to 3, imo. 5 can get cluttered and ugly.
01:44:12 (7,8,9,10,11) - ^

Wow, I didn't even realize there was a difficulty harder than this. Overkill. Delete it unless you find somebody who objects imo.

Normal: I like it. But I'd have to say the sliders are a bit too fast. I think 1.2 at the most, but even so that is kind of fast for normal.

Hard:
00:45:78 (1,1,1,1) - ew
01:45:12 (1,1,2) - ew. didnt even try spinning that.

Timing's fine.
Is this starred? Will do if not.
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Rolled: L2Read original post. =P
Rolled
pff, who reads nowadays :x
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Good approvers/mods read the original post =P
Saturos
Normal:

00:51:62 (3,4) - Spacing.

That's all that stuck out to me. Insanely Insane is Insanely bullshit, but atleast you realize that. Insane is actually kind of fun, but I hate the intro.
machol30
Normal:
01:51:28 (5) - closer to 4 a little (nitpick)

Insanely Insane over-mapped in my opinion.
Saturos
Insanely Insane is not being ranked. Read OP~

EDIT: Bubbled.
machol30
/me ranks. <3
Nharox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
i'm never going to FC this....