forum

Audition - Funky Town

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ash
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 9:04:22 PM

Artist: Audition
Title: Funky Town
BPM: 130
Filesize: 4077kb
Play Time: 02:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Natural (2.78 stars, 113 notes)
  2. Sharp (4.47 stars, 205 notes)
Download: Audition - Funky Town
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My second beatmap. :D
Only one difficulty for now, because I want to see how well it is coming. If it ends up being trash, I'll just scrap this, and do another one...

dont ignore plz

Edit: Natural and Sharp are done. Whee. I don't know if I should continue on this map, because it sucks. Constructive criticism plz

Edit: fixed an incredibly small spacing issue (liek 1 pixel) that was bugging me
also, _bump_

being ignored sucks

Edit: fixed even moar

Edit: sounds

Edit: awpfix

Edit: ok finished I think

Edit: minor beatspacing issues in natural fixed

Edit: offset fixing

Edit: removed the final spinner

Edit: score variety removed completely; yay?

Edit: breaks removed lol
MaxwellDemon
You don't really need the first timing section. XD

So, change the offset to 6,678. Remember to readjust and check the beats!

00:02:30 (1) - Starts too early, the actual sound starts at 00:02:52 XD

Other than that, that's the only thing I pick up so far. :P

This map got good potential. Fix the beats after the offset adjustment and I will take another look. :3
Topic Starter
ash
Okay, I fixed it.

sigh
Sinistro
Offset feels close to 700 for me. For Sharp, this means add 25 ms to all offsets.

Natural
00:28:38 (1) and 00:35:76 (1) are spaced much closer to the circles preceding them than their position on the timeline would indicate. Possibly this will at worst cause a restart and a curse at the mapper, but I believe it would be nice if you moved the slider start points farther.

Sharp
For 00:46:71 (1) , try using switching momentarily to 1/6 snap divisor and snapping it to the immediate next purple line (i.e. 00:46:74 ).

Nice work so far.
Topic Starter
ash
When I try offsets 700, 690, and 680 (for good measure; +5 ms), they all seem off... as you said in osu!, I might need another BAT member to clarify it. D:

As for everything else, fixed! Thanks for modding. :D
Sinistro
Starred pending further feedback.
awp

Sinistro wrote:

Offset feels close to 700 for me.
Gettin' closer, too. I got 707.

BG has a white border. It's so even it looks intentional but personally I don't like it ;(
Sounds are awesome on OEWY skin ;D but this practically DEMANDS a custom slider tick imo

Natural:
Sweet.

Sharp:
It has intelligently placed hold notes and Etna sliders what more could you want? Just this:
02:44:51 (2) 02:46:12 (2) and 02:48:20 (2) are hidden behind sliders. Generally a bad practice that is to be avoided. Put the notes on the top of where the sliders before them bend?
Topic Starter
ash
Fixed. I don't know about a custom slider tick...

What would it be?
Topic Starter
ash
To double post is bad netiquette, but I'm done, FINALLY

mod pls

Also, if the normal slidertick is annoying, please tell me. I tried to find a full audience clap in my FL studio samples, but I could only find this one. If anyone could provide me with something better... :D
LuigiHann
I don't have any problems with it. It feels a little long after a while, but it's not bad. Slidertick sound is good. You get a Luigi bubble!
LuigiHann
No objections? >_>

Upgrading to a real bubble.

mod
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ash

Echo49 wrote:

Some of the triples such as [Normal] 01:24:91 (2,3,4,5,6) have the same spacing as 1/2 beats when it's really 3/4, and that really tripped me up (but that could be just me :P)
I can't believe I didn't notice that. Fixed!
Rolled
Cough, did anybody happen to check the timing for this before bubbling? ._. It's quite messy.

Use 6240 as your base offset, an any other offset you place after that be sure to make sure you place it exactly on a white tick. Use control P.
Rolled
Here is what the timing panel should look like. If anybody disagrees with this please enlighten me. Also, resnapped all the notes. Double check to make sure everything was as you intended it to be, I just autosnapped.

Download: Audition - Funky Town (Ash) [Sharp].osu
Topic Starter
ash
Replaced.

rank
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
ash
fixed again
Echo
I still don't agree with the first spinner. Anyone playing this will be forced to wait 15s every time they start the map, which I think is a bit too much really.
Topic Starter
ash
fine I removed it

now what
show more