forum

IOSYS - Power of Dream (Night Fever Refix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kite
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sonntag, 17. April 2011 at 13:35:24

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Power of Dream (Night Fever Refix)
Source: Touhou
Tags: marisa kirisame witch love-colored master spark th8 imperishable night IN eiyashou toho unfufufu hakurei comiket 79 c79 remake arrange zun fight69 foster don happy30
BPM: 180
Filesize: 5323kb
Play Time: 02:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy Happy (1,24 stars, 152 notes)
  2. Fight69's Hard (4,99 stars, 370 notes)
  3. Foster's Taiko Oni (5 stars, 1028 notes)
  4. Power of Stream (5 stars, 760 notes)
  5. Relaxing (3,69 stars, 229 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Power of Dream (Night Fever Refix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Track 11 of IOSYS' [イオシス] Comiket 79 Album "Toho Unfufufu Hakurei" (東方云符不普)

Difficulties:

Easy Happy - Complete and made by happy30
Relaxing - Complete
Fight's Hard - Complete and made by Fight69
Power of Stream - Complete
Foster's Taiko Oni - Complete and made by Foster Don
Stpl's CTB - Complete and made by Stpl [Download the difficulty Here Or Here]

Thanks for the guest diffs!
Anto
:D
Hanyuu
Star :D
Topic Starter
Kite
Kudo for Hanyuu; IRC modding :3
Niko
Fight69
Topic Starter
Kite
Thanks for the diff!

@Niko
omg what.. u crazy
Kurai
General
- Disable the countdown, you don't use it.
- Berk, 2 .osb file

Boring
00:20:310 (2) - Remove clap at the beginning
00:23:977 (4) - Add clap
OD +1?

Baka69's Hard
HP drain 8 (o° w°)o
01:22:977 (1) - Ce slider se termine dans le vide, Réduis le de 1/2 et ça se terminera sur le vocal.
01:25:644 (1) - Pareil qu'avant.
02:02:810 (1) - Commence ce spinner 1/2 plus tard, comme ça il commencera sur le "tum" comme 00:45:644 (1).
02:26:977 - 02:27:310 - Je trouve dommage qu'il n'y ai rien là :/

Power of Stream
00:45:644 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Having a new combo mark on all of this note don't really help for the readability of this jump xD

That's all I guess :o
Star~~
Komeiji Yuki
:3
Topic Starter
Kite

KuraiPettan wrote:

General
- Disable the countdown, you don't use it. Fixed
- Berk, 2 .osb file Fixed

Boring
00:20:310 (2) - Remove clap at the beginning Fixed
00:23:977 (4) - Add clap Fixed
OD +1? Fixed

Power of Stream
00:45:644 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Having a new combo mark on all of this note don't really help for the readability of this jump xD Fixed
Fight69
Kasen
star
lolcubes
Here's my mod. Green stuff can be ignored completely, merely a design opinion.

[General]:
  1. Missing a <3 star (no thats not a heart :P) diff. Boring diff seems more like a 'Normal' diff, so I suggest that you make an easy diff (with slower sliders - recommending 0.8 or 0.9 SV) and rename it to Boring, while renaming current Boring to Normal.
[Boring]:
  1. Add guest diff's creator under tags.
  2. If this diff is to become 'Normal' (while adding an easier diff), Increase HP drain by 2 and OD by 2.
  3. 01:14:977 (6) - (nazi) I feel that this slider looks out of place. It's shape is perfect, but it doesn't fit. Try something like this. The circle (5) is moved a bit lower and the slider (6) is inverted and flattened out a bit. I feel this would look much better considering this whole part is using sliders' outer side.
[Fight69's Hard]:
  1. There is no audio lead in like in other 2 diffs (1996).
  2. Add 'Touhou' under source.
  3. Hp drain -1. Consider lowering AR by 1 as well, I think it's a bit too fast for a 'Hard' diff, but it plays alright. HP drain really needs a change though.
  4. 01:06:310 (1,2,3) - (nazi) These notes don't make a perfect triangle. Move (3) by 1 grid to the left.
  5. 01:06:644 (4) - (nazi) This note looks a bit out of place. Place it on top of (1) in the combo.
  6. 01:06:977 (5) - New combo.
[Power of Stream]:
  1. Add guest diff's creator under tags.
  2. Maximum score ~18-19m. Not sure if this was your intention, just a reminder.
  3. AR -1. I am not sure about OD though, it looks like it could be good to increase it by 1, but this means the maximum score stays high. Not only it plays better with AR -1 (although I can't say much cause I'm terrible at streams ^^) but it lowers the score as well.
  4. 00:44:310 (1) - Add clap.
  5. 00:45:310 (11) - ^
  6. 02:00:644 (3) - ^
  7. 02:01:977 (3) - ^
  8. 02:02:644 (11) - ^
Really well made, couldn't find any major errors at all. About the claps in the stream diff, I am not sure if you intended for those 2 streams to be without claps, thats why I made them green. You do miss a clap on the other one.
As I said in the start of the post, would be nice to include a less hard diff.

Hope this helped and good luck. :3
Topic Starter
Kite

lolcubes wrote:

[General]:
  1. Missing a <3 star (no thats not a heart :P) diff. Boring diff seems more like a 'Normal' diff, so I suggest that you make an easy diff (with slower sliders - recommending 0.8 or 0.9 SV) and rename it to Boring, while renaming current Boring to Normal.
Renamed "Boring" to "Relaxing" ; I think it's easy enough for ranking... but if more complains come up I will include an Easy difficulty

[Boring]:
  1. Add guest diff's creator under tags. Fixed
  2. If this diff is to become 'Normal' (while adding an easier diff), Increase HP drain by 2 and OD by 2. Fixed
  3. 01:14:977 (6) - (nazi) I feel that this slider looks out of place. It's shape is perfect, but it doesn't fit. Try something like this. The circle (5) is moved a bit lower and the slider (6) is inverted and flattened out a bit. I feel this would look much better considering this whole part is using sliders' outer side.Fixed

[Power of Stream]:
  1. Add guest diff's creator under tags. Fixed
  2. Maximum score ~18-19m. Not sure if this was your intention, just a reminder. Yeah I know; I aimed for lower score at first but in the end it turned out like this. It shouldn't be a big problem though because its quite difficult to FC.
  3. AR -1. I am not sure about OD though, it looks like it could be good to increase it by 1, but this means the maximum score stays high. Not only it plays better with AR -1 (although I can't say much cause I'm terrible at streams ^^) but it lowers the score as well. Keeping it the way it is; it doesn't reduce the score either from what I've seen
  4. 00:44:310 (1) - Add clap. Intended
  5. 00:45:310 (11) - ^ Intended
  6. 02:00:644 (3) - ^ Fixed
  7. 02:01:977 (3) - ^ Intended
  8. 02:02:644 (11) - ^Intended
Thanks a lot!
Fight69
Everything has been fixed, thank you lolcubes ! :)

Download: IOSYS - Power of Dream (Night Fever Refix) (Kite) [Fight69's Hard].osu
Beren
Foster Don
Good map, hey, I can make the level taiko?
Topic Starter
Kite
Sure; go for it if you want :3
EDIT: Power of Stream score is now 17m to fit ranking criteria
Xeno_old
Yo,

Got to many killer jumps for a diff ([Power of Stream]) proclaiming itself as streams and in general AR is to high for a streamy map.

If it weren't for those, this might have been pretty fun, and I'd have starred. sadly, I'd rate this 3 stars or so atm =p
Topic Starter
Kite
Power of Stream was just a wordplay since the song name is Power of Dream :P
In fact the main parts are streamy but not THAT much; the jumps you mentioned yeah.. they are really cruel and I am thinking of toning them down a bit but I am also trying to map whats happening in the song correctly.
As for the AR; I'll have to disagree with you, fast paced maps are better to play with high AR and just feel really awkward with low settings (7 or less) while 8 is used the most.

Thanks for the feedback though
show more