forum

Storyboards on Beatmaps without Storyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Ascension-]
Hey guys,
I just wanted to share something with you and I thought the Storyboarding Forum would be most appropriate for it.

There is a way you can add a Storyboard onto a beatmap without it losing its ranked status.
For those of you who are really into storyboarding or want some kind of animated background while playing or just want to add something that seems missing onto their favorite map, this might come in handy.

How to:
  1. rightclick the beatmap of your choice
  2. go to Edit
  3. add a new difficulty
  4. go to the design tap and create your Storyboard
for those of you who are more into coding/scripting you of course can edit the .osb file it creates freely.

SPOILER
I know that this is easily abusable for cheating (sort of) by recreating the map but with lower or higher approach rate or smaller circles for example. I wrote peppy about a month ago and wanted to ask if it was okay to share this info but he has not answered me (yet?) so I'll just do it.
loloplayer420_DELETED

[Ascension-] wrote:

Hey guys,
I just wanted to share something with you and I thought the Storyboarding Forum would be most appropriate for it.

There is a way you can add a Storyboard onto a beatmap without it losing its ranked status.
For those of you who are really into storyboarding or want some kind of animated background while playing or just want to add something that seems missing onto their favorite map, this might come in handy.

How to:
  1. rightclick the beatmap of your choice
  2. go to Edit
  3. add a new difficulty
  4. go to the design tap and create your Storyboard
for those of you who are more into coding/scripting you of course can edit the .osb file it creates freely.

SPOILER
I know that this is easily abusable for cheating (sort of) by recreating the map but with lower or higher approach rate or smaller circles for example. I wrote peppy about a month ago and wanted to ask if it was okay to share this info but he has not answered me (yet?) so I'll just do it.
Doing that all the time xD Im casually storyboarding on any map I like
Then I'll remap them and upload them lol. Example: dj TAKA - quaver and Imperial Circus Dead Decadence - Uta
Bara-

[Ascension-] wrote:

SPOILER
This is by no means a big issue. If people actually take the time in order to do so they "deserve" to get such plays. Storyboarding is not easy, and it takes a lot of time to get used to