forum

[confirmed] Auto handles slider ticks improperly on restart or replay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Problem Details:

When playing the map T & Sugah x Lexurus - No More with auto, it will work fine the first time. However, if you click on "Watch Replay" on the result screen auto will do a 50 on the second slider of the map.
Wierdly on that second slider on the second watch, the combo doesn't increase on each slider tick, but it doesn't break eather, and the slider awards a 50.
I've tested it on my desktop and laptop, and it happens on both dipsite having very different hardware configuration.
It is very easy to reproduce. Play the map with auto once, then on result screen press Watch Replay. It will happen every times.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Video :
https://arnold0.com/osu/nomoresliderbug.mp4
Good quality was my desktop, the one recorded with webcam is my laptop, as you can see on the first play everything is normal, then upon restarting the replay by clicking Watch Replay it happens on both of them on the second play.

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
Are you sure it isn't just this confirmed problem? Replays are known to be inaccurate sometimes and since you keep hitting "Watch Replay" it has me thinking the replay is just being inaccurate.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
I don't realy think so, it's auto play, not a play from a player. Also as I said, on the second play the combo doesn't increase on every slider tick, but doesn't break too which is very wierd, I think if it was innacuracy, then the combo would break but it doesn't. (The combo not breaking with a 50 on a slider is not normal as well by the way)
By looking closely you'll notice that the button is correctly shown as being pressed, and the cursor correctly stays on the slider, it's the combo that gets buggy by not being increased on every ticks (nor breaking) and the slider ends up awarding a 50.
o x
Well this happens is the replay, and the replay is known to be inaccurate, getting 100s when you didnt get a 100, getting 50s when you didnt get 50s etc. and so that's what I see happening here.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
But that doesn't explain the weird behavior with combo.
When you pass on a slider tick your combo should increase. If you don't pass correctly on a slider tick your combo breaks.
But here, on some of the ticks the combo doesn't increase nor breaks. I guess replay innacuracy could happen but it doesn't explain the wierd behavior with the combo counter.
Kao
No, you only break when you don't get a tick.
You can get only one tick and get a 50
Get half of them you'll get 100

You'll only break combo if you get no ticks
Dntm8kmeeatu
This also happens when you just quick restart (CTRL+R) or Tilde.

Auto seems to not properly handle ticks when restarted for some reason. So it's not replay specific.

Auto is known to have some funky behaviour with missing, accuracy if you do things a certain way. This may just be one of them. I can't personally find any older threads about this though. Could be a new issue? (Or I could just be missing them)
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Hi,

So just to see if it was an old issue or not, I tested on b20160331 cuttingedge as I had backed it up for the funny 2016 Auto cursor dance April fools. The bug does happen on it. So it is quite old. However, I tested on stable fallback which I think hasnt been updated since a long time (Somewhere in 2015?) and it didn't happen there so it's not very old either.