forum

Minimal (All modes, HD/SD)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Minimal gets its name from looking like a pretty clean minimal skin compared to your usual osu! skin. It also gets that name because I’m not good at naming things. This skin is made to work out of the box, regardless of your screen size, while still improving on osu!'s general UI look. You can however tweak some of the skin for your liking below.

Main stuff:
Customization
Download (ZIP, 850KB)
All of the types listed below are available in this zip file.

General:
-Cursor colors: 8 choices, PSD provided (preview)
-Stable fallback fix

osu!standard:
-Followpoint (preview)
-Disabled fading when hitting circles (preview)
-Playfield border (preview)
-Numbered hitcircles (doesn't match my vision of the skin IMO but use if you can't live without numbers)

osu!mania:
-Note and key colors: 8 choices, PSD provided (preview)
-Centered play area

osu!taiko:
-Visible slider tick

Changelog
Minimal 1.4 Final - Update changelog
This final update contains some small changes to wrap things up. As I barely dedicate my time to playing this game anymore, and also as osu!lazer comes closer and closer to completion, I feel that it's about time to call it a day. Thanks for using my skin, it was a lot of fun to make it and I learned quite a bit from it.

Post-final changes of 1/19/19:
-Lossless size reduction (4.73MB to 3.85MB)
-Added ranking-perfect which I wish I had added in the true final

General changes:
-Removed yellow section in mode button with skin information (not made to be a permanent thing, only as a mild nudge for people to check the forum for updates while the skin wasn't completed)
-Reduced skin size considerably without quality loss (from 12MB to 6MB, extracted)
-Added very slight variation to background of the 'song cards'
-There might be other changes I made in the past and forgot

osu!standard:
-Slightly decreased slider outline's brightness to not mix with hitcircle's outline as much
-Slider ball is now colored by combo color (can be turned off in skin section of osu!'s settings if you want)
-Reduced slider ball's size to go along with the change above
-Changed default combo colors (had no idea so many people kept the default ones, I highly recommend enabling the custom ones from each map for more variety)

Versions history

Versions:
03/01/17: 1.0 release
04/18/17: 1.1 update (~50 file changes)
05/24/17: 1.2 update (~25 file changes)
08/09/17: 1.3 minor update (~8 file changes)
05/26/18: Final (~8 file changes)
01/19/19: Post-final minor update

Customizations:
03/03/17: Added Disabled fading when hitting hitcircles
03/03/17: Added Slider tick
04/08/17: Added Numbered hitcircles
06/10/17: Added Followpoints
06/10/17: Added WIP Stable fallback fix
06/22/17: Updated Numbered hitcircles
06/27/17: Added Playfield border (16:9, 16:10, 21:9)
06/27/17: Added Cursor colors
08/09/17: Added mania note colors
08/09/17: Added mania key colors
06/02/18: Fixed some issues with customization zip
08/07/18: Reorganized zip file
08/11/18: Further minor reorganization changes to zip file
08/15/18: Added mania centered play area
01/19/19: Minor changes and lossless size reduction (1.46MB to 851KB)

License
Everything I made is provided under CC0, so go ham and do whatever! Credit is optional but appreciated. Sound files by unknown creator.

Note for publishing skins with these assets: This license won't stop your skin from getting removed from websites that demand only original skins be posted. Make sure to check this subforum's skinning rules or whatever site's rules you plan to publish your skin on.

Screenshots:
osu!standard
(note: screenshots were taken with 'Ignore all beatmap skins' turned off, which enables the custom combo colors from each map for more variety. I highly recommend that you do so as well and disable in a per map basis if they use other skin assets)

osu!mania
(note: if you want another color for the notes and key, check out the customization section in the top of the thread for 8 other color choices)

Azuren
The download link isn't working, wrong link :?
Other than that looks pretty clean, looking foward to testing it
Topic Starter
Geroyuni
Uh weird. It's fixed now
[ Fix3d ]
I really like the skin! Great job! But I would like to disable the fading effect of the hitcircles when click them, there's a way to do it?
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

[ Fix3d ] wrote:

I would like to disable the fading effect of the hitcircles when click them, there's a way to do it?

Yes, but unfortunately can't be done without also getting rid of combo colors. If you want it anyways, get this file, unpack it and paste the files on the skin's folder.

To keep the approach circle with that one color, you'll need to go to enable the ingame option "Ignore all beatmap skins", and change in skin.ini Combo1 to "73,193,172". Also, under [Fonts] in skin.ini, add the line "HitCircleOverlap: 150" to prevent double circles when it reaches double number digits (quick edit I forgot that)

I also included a .psd and a .py file for color customization. You can find more information in the info.txt file.

Edit: I'll keep that file in the main post under the customization box too
[ Fix3d ]

Geroyuni wrote:

Yes, but unfortunately can't be done without also getting rid of combo colors. If you want it anyways, get this file, unpack it and paste the files on the skin's folder.

To keep the approach circle with that one color, you'll need to go to enable the ingame option "Ignore all beatmap skins", and change in skin.ini Combo1 to "73,193,172". Also, under [Fonts] in skin.ini, add the line "HitCircleOverlap: 150" to prevent double circles when it reaches double number digits.
I did it and works perfectly, thank you so much!
Shino Inuzuka
100% made by you, but mode buttons are from osu skinner?
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Shino Inuzuka wrote:

100% made by you, but mode buttons are from osu skinner?

Nah, mode buttons were also made by me. They're inspired from a skin made by a user called Ruk.
Shino Inuzuka
Osu skinner
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Shino Inuzuka wrote:

Osu skinner

Oh, that's just osu's design on the icons. You can see that in new.ppy.sh (beatmap listing) or even in flyte's next.ppy.sh project. That's how the icons are supposed to look for the modes in the redesign of osu. I remade all of the icons in Photoshop for use in the skin.
LaryRose09
Nice! I'll be using it for a while.
nyathil
my man gero made an entire skin. noice
Did
Really well made skin, looks very clean. The only thing I don't like is how every column in mania is the same color.

I don't play mania that often so i'm not sure if this is a problem for high rank players.
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

Did wrote:

Really well made skin, looks very clean. The only thing I don't like is how every column in mania is the same color.
I don't play mania that often so i'm not sure if this is a problem for high rank players.

Yea I'm not sure either if high rank players have a problem with that, so had I decided to keep it one color for now and change it if someone reported that different colors were actually important for gameplay. I'll start trying out some stuff and maybe different colors will be in the next update
Etherious
Really impressive job, perfect in all aspects...sooo...IT'S FUCKING AMAZING SADOII91230412934I0219IASCKJDLKASJD09123K1LKMLKXZCMLMC

yaaaaaaaaaaay ECKS DEE
Alsatorec
my only complaint is how small the reverse arrow is, other than that i say excellent work!
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

champion64 wrote:

my only complaint is how small the reverse arrow is, other than that i say excellent work!

Thanks for the feedback.
SakuraMotion
I really love this skin! However, I was wondering if you could possibly make a version with numbers instead of white dots in the middle?
Topic Starter
Geroyuni

NepsterNep wrote:

I really love this skin! However, I was wondering if you could possibly make a version with numbers instead of white dots in the middle?

To be honest, it doesn't really go with the style of the skin in my view, but I'll make it available in the customization box. I'll add it along with the release of the next version, which should be out soon.
SakuraMotion

Geroyuni wrote:

NepsterNep wrote:

To be honest, it doesn't really go with the style of the skin in my view, but I'll make it available in the customization box. I'll add it along with the release of the next version, which should be out soon.
Thank you!
show more