Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
https://youtu.be/4Au8Rm5HvlQ
^^^ one of the examples with slider distortion + invisible slider
hi everyone
i assume you already know how to open a .osu in notepad
ok lets go
______________________hi im a line_____________
If youve seen the somber iris aspire (if you didnt go see it), youll find out that theres some strange sliders that appears in really weird place
we call dis "slider distortion"
example here:
yeah this is very fked up
how do you do this then?
heres a slider: 346,109,6768,2,0,L|198:75,1,140<<<<
and the 140 is the thing we're messing with
try to add 2 "0" to a random slider, see what happens!
*best done if slider is curved, if it appears normal rotate it by 45 smth)
lagging a bit right? add a timing point with 10000bpm something, itll be a bit better
__________________hi im loli___________
why **does** it appears invaild?

blame peppy for prob setting the xy grid so small, the slider prob looped back to appear this
i dont really exactly know why since im not a programmer, but i guess it has something to do with overflowing
i dont know why those invaild shapes always shows one the left side, its still unknown
**WARNING : IF THE VAULE IS SET TOO BIG, OSU WILL LAG EXTREMELY HARD AND HIGH CHANCE OF CRASHING**
____________________hi i got more lines_____________
did you wonder what happen when that value is set to negative number?

haHAAAAAAA
you just got yourself a invisible slider!
no sliderhead, no sliderbody, no slidertrack, no slidertick, no sliderend... but the hitbox still exist!
_________________________i hate typing on mobile______________
why did it happen?

i think its because negative number means the slider is *negative size*, thus displaying nothing (man its less than 0)
but setting the number too big will still crash osu, im not quite sure why
______________AYY LMAO__________
so, you decided to playtest the invisible slider to see if its true, or its just your eyes
but, not only finding out its true, you also see -1.00 star rating? (itll display as no star rating when being played outside from playtest)
WHATTTTT????
(´・◡・`)
i assume its because of the invisible slider, osu is confused: is it a slider, or NOT a slider?
since osu need to know all of the object in order to calculate the star rating for a map (i think),
when theres a "not an object" (but a ghost (´・◡・`) ,
osu will just display it as...negative 1/0 star. yeah.
_________________________omfg i dont need to type more lines now_________
pls answer the poll if you like this or not
if you dont understand some parts just leave a reply and ill answer ur question
ok i hate typing
bye (´・◡・`)(´・◡・`)(´・◡・`)(´・◡・`)
**i hope i posted in the correct subforum**
Fu Xuan

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

hi everyone
ok lets go
If youve seen the somber iris aspire (if you didnt go see it), youll find out that theres some strange sliders that appears in really weird place
example here:
how do you do this then?
lagging a bit right? add a timing point with 10000bpm something, itll be a bit better

blame peppy for prob setting the xy grid so small, the slider prob looped back to appear this
i dont really exactly know why since im not a programmer, but i guess it has something to do with overflowing
i dont know why those invaild shapes always shows one the left side, its still unknown
**WARNING : IF THE VAULE IS SET TOO BIG, OSU WILL LAG EXTREMELY HARD AND HIGH CHANCE OF CRASHING**

haHAAAAAAA
no sliderhead, no sliderbody, no slidertrack, no slidertick, no sliderend... but the hitbox still exist!
why did it happen?

i think its because negative number means the slider is *negative size*, thus displaying nothing (man its less than 0)
so, you decided to playtest the invisible slider to see if its true, or its just your eyes
but, not only finding out its true, you also see -1.00 star rating? (itll display as no star rating when being played outside from playtest)
WHATTTTT????
(´・◡・`)
i assume its because of the invisible slider, osu is confused: is it a slider, or NOT a slider?
since osu need to know all of the object in order to calculate the star rating for a map (i think),
ok i hate typing
Imi wakannai
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi
shitposting intensifies
Slider distortion doesn't work in Fallback mode, all you see is a note where the slider head should be and nothing else. I don't think it's a legitimate technique even if it was used in aspire because it's most likely due a bug that has to do with poorly implemented slider rotation. If you play around with it you'll see that only the slider body gets distorted while the physical slider path which you follow with your cursor remains the same. I think it's most likely due to something related to opengl, since Fallback mode uses directx. The reason why I don't think it's legit is because it's likely to be patched out in the future and then aspire 2017 and all maps that utilize distortion will suddenly become super bland when all the cool sliders just become plain old notes (that you can only get 100s on).
Topic Starter
Kondou-Shinichi

30201102 wrote:

Slider distortion doesn't work in Fallback mode, all you see is a note where the slider head should be and nothing else. I don't think it's a legitimate technique even if it was used in aspire because it's most likely due a bug that has to do with poorly implemented slider rotation. If you play around with it you'll see that only the slider body gets distorted while the physical slider path which you follow with your cursor remains the same. I think it's most likely due to something related to opengl, since Fallback mode uses directx. The reason why I don't think it's legit is because it's likely to be patched out in the future and then aspire 2017 and all maps that utilize distortion will suddenly become super bland when all the cool sliders just become plain old notes (that you can only get 100s on).
what i think is *due to the aspire being ranked, they wouldnt fix this issue

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

The problem is that it's unlikely that there's a direct cause to the bug, it could be caused by any number of things from opengl itself all the way to something very specific in the osu client, which means that fixing something completely unrelated could suddenly make the distortions go away.
Azinlen
ok
PhilippineEevee

30201102 wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

The problem is that it's unlikely that there's a direct cause to the bug, it could be caused by any number of things from opengl itself all the way to something very specific in the osu client, which means that fixing something completely unrelated could suddenly make the distortions go away.
It does, but lags :V
SadDonkey1
Can someone send me a link to that map?
wolflink659

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

hi everyone
ok lets go
example here:
how do you do this then?

haHAAAAAAA
why did it happen?

WHATTTTT????
(´・◡・`)
ok i hate typing

I know this is super old, but that’s pretty cool imo.
akasaka0330
now i just have one questiion. can you make sliders that have a lenght invisible (like you gotta follow and hold them)?
abraker
This thread is a shitpost and old. Please make a new thread asking a question.