forum

Chieco Kawabe - Sakura Kiss

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K-S-O
First post in the forums and first attempt in creating a beatmap. This beatmap is set to Sakura Kiss, the opening for Ouran Host Club. Decided to keep it simple as I'm still learning a few things on how to make a good beatmap.

http://osu.ppy.sh/d/147
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Uhh... it might help if you actually gave us the song. In the editor, go to File > Package for Distribution and then upload it here.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Yeah, there's still a few things about this place I'm learning about. Well, I realize how osz files are handled so I got the link fixed.
Extor
Great beatmap. The only thing I can add (or change) to make it better is changing the length of some sliders and make them a bit shorter, because the end of them doesn't synch too much with the song. That's all.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
Hmm... the sliders were something I had a bit of trouble with. I should look into this.
Topic Starter
K-S-O
I just uploaded the beatmap. It should be updated in the osz file. If not, you can obtain it in the attachment.

So that's why the sliders seemed off-beat. Apparently, the grid type makes all the difference! :shock:

Download: Chieco Kawabe - Sakura Kiss (K-S-O) [Normal].osu
eyup
The timing was off - changed it, manually resnapped the notes, manually redid all the slider lengths... T_T But hopefully these changes were worth it. Can you have a look through the map (especially the sliders) and see if you agree with them? Should be ready for ranking after you and another mod approve.

Download: Chieco Kawabe - Sakura Kiss (K-S-O) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
K-S-O
You didn't need to do that! You could've just told me what was wrong and I'd try to fix it myself.

I didn't see much of a difference from my beatmap, except for a minor detail concerning the sliders in the middle. I guess it's okay if we put this one up for ranking.
peppy

K-S-O wrote:

Thanks eyup!
I'm fine with this one after timing fixes. Nice song and nice beatmap. A bit long, but people don't seem to mind long songs, it seems!
narutofanninja
GREAT SONG

KSO FOR THE WIN
narutofanninja
Wow I finally reclaimed my first place title for this song :D
MedBrat
beatmap is awful
Crimmi

MedBrat wrote:

beatmap is awful
Submitted: Nov 3, 2007
Ranked: Nov 3, 2007

It's an old map so don't complain about it please.
higurush
VERY VERY HARD map for hypers.
awful :d
somebody should update the map :S it's really hard to make at least an A rang even I make S rang, 97-99%+ on 5 star 170bpm+ maps ....
Kodora
map is cool :p