forum

Bill Nye the Science Guy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ogicu8abruok
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
Pat Cashman = Win.

I recommend a straight 130 BPM (use the actual windows-style dialog box). The "Inertia is a property of matter" part always feels a bit awkward, but when I slow it down it doesn't seem wrong... maybe I'm just not used to it?

For a thirty-second (memory-inducing) song, it's pretty good.
Dranoel
Also, the song is too quiet to the loud beats. I would either increase the volume of the song with Audacity or decrease the volume of the beats using in-game options.

EDIT: Also, maybe make a hard mode that goes to the rhythm of the guitar as well.
Dakeyrus
The song is far too quiet atm. You need to get a program like Audactiy and increase the overall volume.

Other than that, it's a very short song. Perhaps another difficulty would be good, something a bit harder. But I see no errors in spacing, and the timing is spot on as far as I can tell...

Only possible reason I can see for this not being ranked is due to the extremely short length, but I believe there are other short maps like this one already ranked, so I'm going to go ahead and star this one. If any of the other mods agree with me on it should be ranked, a bubble will appear :P
Dakeyrus
Better volume on the song now, but now the hits are too quiet :P..

I'd also consider mixing some whistle/finish sound effects into it.

Do these, and I'll toss you a bubble.

EDIT: Bubbled.

EDIT: UN Bubbled. Sorry bud, I just found a mistake.

Hard Mode:

00:11:52 - (1),(2),(3) - Those notes should NOT be on yellow lines. Move them one tick left, onto the blues.
00:17:02 - (1),(2)...(6) - This whole stream is timed poorly. No notes should be on the yellow ticks in here.
00:22:76 - (3) - This note is timed on yellow, again.

Sorry bud, I shouldn't have slept between looking at this map. I noticed those last night before I went to sleep, but forgot about them.
Rolled
offset: 2248. Woosh early.

Afterwards look into dake's changes.
Pokebis
Although all the modes are incredibally similar, this is passing enough.
I can sort of see a harder mode, but you don't need to worry about that. Anyways, BATs must look at this now
Topic Starter
ogicu8abruok
I simply started with the hard difficulty, then modified it down to normal, then modified normal down to easy. I assumed that the different difficulties were for people of different skill levels, and therefore most people wouldn't be playing more than one difficulty on my map, which is why I concluded that the similarities that resulted from my map creation method were acceptable.
Dakeyrus
And you concluded right. They don't need to be dramatically different by any extent, though it can be a nice change of pace. High level players are still going to play Hard, and lower level players are still going to play Normal/Easy :P.

I'm happy with the changes made, and will hence reinstate the bubble for you. Now we wait for another mod to approve of it :D

Good job bud.
Mogsy
I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that there is a map of this, and that it's well done, too.
Even though it's short, it's too well made to say no to ranking this. So, ranked. :D