forum

Matchbox Twenty - Bent

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dranoel
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 11:21:29 PM

Artist: Matchbox Twenty
Title: Bent
BPM: 95.5
Filesize: 28794kb
Play Time: 03:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.19 stars, 194 notes)
  2. Hard (3.95 stars, 234 notes)
  3. Insane (4.39 stars, 274 notes)
Download: Matchbox Twenty - Bent
Download: Matchbox Twenty - Bent (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Goes with the other Matchbox Twenty maps.

I feel that I should make an easier mode, but I'm pooped from this map right now.

EDIT HISTORY:
*Made beat colors darker.
*Added background image.
*Changed [hard] to [insane] and added [hard]
*made notes more "bent"
*added [normal]
*made bend sliders linear
*LuigiHann's suggestions
*m980 suggested BPM 95.500
*extended [insane]
LuigiHann
This is a really interesting take on the song. Very different from how I would have mapped it, and I think that's a good thing. It is quite difficult, which means we'll at least need a Normal mode for ranking, and I'd personally prefer both an Easy and a Normal. No hurry, just try to get it done within September. :)

Also, some kind of background is needed... I did a quick google search, and this image seems like a good match for Bent. Darkish.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann

Dranoel wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Also, some kind of background is needed... I did a quick google search, and this image seems like a good match for Bent. Darkish.
How do I add a background when I already have a video?
Oh! I had video turned off, so I didn't notice. Anyway, to add an image behind the video you just add this code to the [Events] section of the osu, above the video's code:

0,0,"imagename.jpg"

Edit: Just played through with the video, cool stuff. It could be me, but you might want to tweak the video offset to see if you can get the sync a little better.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
I finally updated it!
LuigiHann
Try a video offset of -375. That results in a much better lip sync between the video and the mp3. You can set that in the .osu files, by replacing the 0 with -375 in the line that says
1,-375,"bent.avi"
I like the map ending at 3:43. The little thing you added at the end of Insane doesn't seem necessary to me.

Hard mode might look and play a bit better if you make the circle size a notch smaller. It looks a little crowded with such large circles.

In normal mode:

02:41:64 (1) - Doesn't feel natural, because it doesn't follow the pattern set by 02:38:19 (1,2,3,1). Moving the red slider a half beat to the right, and adding a beat at 02:40:38, makes for a much more intuitive pattern, in my opinion. Screen shot of what I mean added for the heck of it (look at timeline).

Other than those complaints, I think you've done a very good job. I like the new "bent" sliders a lot. Star for now.

Topic Starter
Dranoel
Did everything except for adding that note. It works better without it.
LuigiHann
Looks good to me now. I'd bubble it, but I'm the only mod who has looked at this map, apparently, and that means that the timing is still suspect. I'll bug some people tomorrow. Until then, consider this a "Luigi Bubble"
Topic Starter
Dranoel
m980 suggested 95.500 BPM. Changed.

Download: Shoji Meguro - The Almighty (-maJu) [Normal].osu
mtmcl
Improvised rhythm patterns are really cool but hard to follow. That said, normal difficulty was easily passable, so the difficult rhythm patterns in harder difficulties are acceptable.

I found the timing acceptable as well, so you're going to get the fragile mtmcl bubble. It's fragile and probably easy to pop by a more nazi mod. Unlike the Luigi bubble, however, it is an actual bubble.
EiJi
Slightly concerned about a few of the patterns on Hard. But it is Hard after all, so all is fine.

lol @ last slider on Insane :P.

Note: my connection sucks, bite me. Video not checked, I'll trust Luigi fixed it up above.
LuigiHann
Fixing symbol. Was still a bubble for some reason.