forum

Dethklok ft awp - Better Metal Link

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 6:18:54 PM

Artist: Dethklok ft Link
Title: Better Metal Link
BPM: 141.98
Filesize: 4883kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (NES) (2.57 stars, 191 notes)
  2. Hard (NES) (4.34 stars, 253 notes)
  3. Insane (Metal) (4.56 stars, 291 notes)
  4. Normal (Metal) (3.84 stars, 230 notes)
Download: Dethklok ft Link - Better Metal Link
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Okay I'm tired and coming down from my buzz so I'll keep this brief.

This track is a little remix I made of Dethklok's "Better Metal Snake". For a while now I've wanted to see what it would be like if I made a beatmap while drunk (or at least on a good buzz) and these two difficulties are the first result.

I will do Hard and Insane, but I'd like to know whether I should ALSO do those drunk, or if they should be done sober. I'm leaning toward drunk because Insane could end up really neat when I break my own personal conventions through clouded judment and shit.

Also, I KNOW the offsets are different. There's a reason for that - my classy fusion of two songs was not 100% perfect, so there's like 8ms difference between the two tracks. Normal and Hard are mapped to the NES music while Normal and Insane are mapped to the metal music.

---

I have no idea what's going on. Insane is done, and sounds good when auto plays it.

Background added.

awpmodded; fixed timing on all difficulties and verified snapping.

Reuploaded with fixed artist, I hope I didn't break anything.
Ivalset

awp wrote:

I will do Hard and Insane, but I'd like to know whether I should ALSO do those drunk, or if they should be done sober. I'm leaning toward drunk because Insane could end up really neat when I break my own personal conventions through clouded judment and shit.
Obviously, drunk. Why even ask?
Seibei4211
I think the Easy/Hard offset should be 20 or so. It just feels a tad early.

Easy
00:53:05 (3,4,5,6) - Well, if this is Easy, I wouldn't think a stack with different beat lengths could be used in it even if it is easy to read.

Normal
Since you're following the Dethklok music throughout the map, the BPM should be 142. It gets a little too slow at the end otherwise.

Hard
02:50:11 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - As was said before, this part is just weird. 8th's are better, but not perfect either. It's bizarre.

Edit: By the way, this is awesome.
Topic Starter
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

00:53:05 (3,4,5,6) - Well, if this is Easy, I wouldn't think a stack with different beat lengths could be used in it even if it is easy to read.
If it's easy to read, isn't there no problem?

I shoulda worked on this tonight...perhaps tomorrow. I've still got a good 18oz or so of rum
RogueHiyru
wtf...well i have to say it's awesome, when i get a chance to play it i'll give ya my advice :3
Seibei4211
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
zeroid_old
:D Thk :D
Soaprman
I played all four difficulties.

Easy
02:14:606 (8): Line this up with 7 maybe.

No other imperfections stood out to me while playing. I didn't actually dig through this map in the editor (I'm not one to nazi-mod), but it all seems great to me. This song is fantastic, by the way.

Starred!
Topic Starter
awp
I guess I'll just leave a note here; as far as I can tell this beatmap is completely...completed, so if anyone mods this and feels like bubbling it and it's in the graveyard go ahead and ungrave it.
Yuukari-Banteki
YAY jumping of a cliff

[Easy]
00:50:72 (1,3) - try a finish
00:52:41 (1,3,6) - ^
01:20:72 (end of 5,6,7,8) - claps
01:22:41 (9) - finish
01:24:52 (1,2,3,4,5) - as above
01:27:90 (1,2,3) - ^
you get the idea
01:34:67 (1) - finish
01:41:43 (1) - ^
you get the idea
02:48:83 (4,5) - (dont kill me!) align with 3
03:09:33 (1) - 13 second spinner is a wee tad much imho
i just *love* all the hitsounds in here theyre beautiful.

[Normal]
oh w/e im sure you have your own hitsound ideas that you completely forgot about
01:37:84 (1,2,3,4) - i *think* this is supposed to be mapped to lyrics but i cant hear the lyric around the hitnoise
okay so aside from hitsounds it looks pretty clear, a bit messy but i *know* how much you love messiness so ill let it slide

[Hard]
01:13:33 (3,4,5,6,7) - what a beautiful straight line
02:14:60 (1) - making sure you actually intended to have your break a couple beats off or possibly half a beat if youre timing it to the gutterals
02:43:34 (1,2,3) -
03:09:33 (1) - 13 seconds again...

[Insane]

ah fuck im too paranoid to do a good job of modding have a nice star
Topic Starter
awp

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Easy]
00:50:72 (1,3) - try a finish 1, pass, 3, yes
00:52:41 (1,3,6) - ^ 1 and 3, pass, 6, yes
01:20:72 (end of 5,6,7,8) - claps
01:22:41 (9) - finish
01:24:52 (1,2,3,4,5) - as above
01:27:90 (1,2,3) - ^
you get the idea
01:34:67 (1) - finish
01:41:43 (1) - ^
you get the idea
02:48:83 (4,5) - (dont kill me!) align with 3 I changed this pre-empatively so idk what you mean any more
03:09:33 (1) - 13 second spinner is a wee tad much imho your honest opinion is wrong iirc
i just *love* all the hitsounds in here theyre beautiful. I WAS DRUNK

[Normal]
oh w/e im sure you have your own hitsound ideas that you completely forgot about
01:37:84 (1,2,3,4) - i *think* this is supposed to be mapped to lyrics but i cant hear the lyric around the hitnoise
okay so aside from hitsounds it looks pretty clear, a bit messy but i *know* how much you love messiness so ill let it slide

[Hard]
01:13:33 (3,4,5,6,7) - what a beautiful straight line
02:14:60 (1) - making sure you actually intended to have your break a couple beats off or possibly half a beat if youre timing it to the gutterals It's not timed to the gutterals, I thought the Hard(NES) was straightforward. Anyhow, the breaks are all synchronized. It's deliberate.
02:43:34 (1,2,3) - fixed
03:09:33 (1) - 13 seconds again...FAKK YUUUUUU
Wow I think I was too drunk to add hitsounds when I made this entire thing

All updated now, with sfx on all diffs
Yuukari-Banteki
[Easy]
02:47:70 (3) - shouldnt this be snapped to blue?
02:48:55 (5) - ^

[Normal]
cool

[Hard]
judging by your normal slider length i think you might want to double your tick rate

[Insane]
Topic Starter
awp

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

[Easy]
02:47:70 (3) - shouldnt this be snapped to blue? yes oops lol
02:48:55 (5) - ^

[Normal]
cool

[Hard]
judging by your normal slider length i think you might want to double your tick rate it does sound pretty neat but I'm not going to change it because it seems to have an adverse effect on sliders and it sounds cool at a tick rate of 1 anyhow

[Insane]
Shinxyn
I kinda wanted to try to mod this... but....
reupload please, the download file is dead... (12.2kb? Clearly not >_<)

Kk, let's see..
The music is fairly quiet, so could you lower the hitsound audio by 2-3 ticks?
Timing... the different offsets... oh well, if you say so~

Easy-
01:12:69 (3) - I think it should end 1/4 sooner... but its really hard to determine..
01:40:16 (8) - end 1/4 early~ match the music better
01:46:92 (8) - ^
02:07:21 (1) - ^
03:06:16 (2,3) - CARELESS! <I'm sure you'll notice why>
Nazi- the grid snap size seems... to change from medium to tiny, half way through...
00:37:19 (6,7) - is timed the same as 00:36:14 (4,5), but spaced differently~ make it look nicer please
01:09:63 (4) - The ending of this slider just sounds so weird, probably cuz of the slider tick right before the end...
01:34:24 (2,1) - a jump? for easy?
02:53:48 (1) - are you trying to make this go under the fading slider? if so, please place better..
For this kind of easy map, I would suggest you re-space everything with with a medium or small grid, tiny is too much...
leave it as it is maybe

Normal-

02:06:57 (4) - I say add one more repeat
Redo Break
Nazi-
00:51:36 (3,3) - the claps here sounded entirely random to me
waaah, so many places I can nazi.... so I'll just say... respace and resnap everything on the small grid please.......

Hard-
Redo Breaks!! (the second ones completely off)
Nazi-.... There would be too much to nazi! So much alignment crap and move a tick crap......... don't wanna even start the list
Plus it would ruin the "I was drunk when mapping this" look xD

Insane-

01:39:53 (1) - add a repeat to make it sound better, or don't to not be evil with this 2x slider xD
Nazi- Like Hard...

@_@ Maybe I shouldn't touch this map anymore... my perfectionism would "ruin" it..
Unless you wanted to make this... er... a sober map
Topic Starter
awp
Yup, something's boned. I'll try to fix it.

Try it now. It's all fine on my end.
Topic Starter
awp

Shinxyn wrote:

The music is fairly quiet, so could you lower the hitsound audio by 2-3 ticks? Sure, why not

Easy-
01:12:69 (3) - I think it should end 1/4 sooner... but its really hard to determine.. It's correct as it is
01:40:16 (8) - end 1/4 early~ match the music better You're listening to the wrong layer of music - this one is entirely mapped to the nintendo track (note the difficulty names)

03:06:16 (2,3) - CARELESS! <I'm sure you'll notice why> Nope, don't see anything wrong with that
Nazi- the grid snap size seems... to change from medium to tiny, half way through... The snapping might seem irregular (it is in no way rigid) but I aimed for intuitive placement, rather than tidy placement
00:37:19 (6,7) - is timed the same as 00:36:14 (4,5), but spaced differently~ make it look nicer please
01:09:63 (4) - The ending of this slider just sounds so weird, probably cuz of the slider tick right before the end...
01:34:24 (2,1) - a jump? for easy?
02:53:48 (1) - are you trying to make this go under the fading slider? if so, please place better..
For this kind of easy map, I would suggest you re-space everything with with a medium or small grid, tiny is too much...
leave it as it is maybe Yeah while there are some things that are considered normally a rare faux pas, this map was intended to be something different from the usual riff raff

Normal-

02:06:57 (4) - I say add one more repeat I kinda dig the sound of that
Redo Break The breaks are fine? Actually they're a few ms off that's weird oh wait I know why
Nazi-
00:51:36 (3,3) - the claps here sounded entirely random to me
waaah, so many places I can nazi.... so I'll just say... respace and resnap everything on the small grid please.......

Hard-
Redo Breaks!! (the second ones completely off) No it isn't; not when you watch a multiscreen - all breaks are sync'd. Normally I'd add a note on that last beat, but I didn't do that while I was drunk, and I have to respect that decision
Nazi-.... There would be too much to nazi! So much alignment crap and move a tick crap......... don't wanna even start the list
Plus it would ruin the "I was drunk when mapping this" look xD

Insane-

01:39:53 (1) - add a repeat to make it sound better, or don't to not be evil with this 2x slider xD eh, I gotta leave it as it is, doesn't sound right otherwise
Nazi- Like Hard...

@_@ Maybe I shouldn't touch this map anymore... my perfectionism would "ruin" it..
Unless you wanted to make this... er... a sober map
Why would I go through the effort of mapping it drunk if I were just gonna remap it sober? I got like 19 other sober maps so I think I'll keep this one nice and drunk~
CheeseWarlock
If you're going to get all technical about the artist, shouldn't it be "Dethklok ft. Koji Kondo" or something like that? Just saying.

I remember this map, from back in the day. /add-to-queue
mrtn
[easy]
no problems

[normal]
00:54:53 - reinsert break
01:39:53 (5) - new combo maybe?

[hard]
01:35:72 (5) - new combo maybe?
02:15:03 - reinsert break

[insane]
01:39:53 (1) - i don't see the need of the speedup at this slider. perhaps remove it or storyboard a warning?

starred :)
Ekaru
Since there's no reason to change the spinners... *stars* SFG asked me to, that jerk.

EDIT: Also, more drunk maps please.
0_o
starred because I can and because it was made while intoxicated
show more