forum

How to I add fake skin elements into my storyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rikia
hi there,
so im trying to add skin elements on my storyboard, and i searched everywhere and only found a topic which didn't help me much.

i mean like, the elements from the skin that the user has, like how the osu! tutorial kind of uses.

i tried copying taiko aspires that did it, but it only shows up as a 1x1 blank pixel (indicating that it doesnt exist.)

how do i do this properly?
Kawa
Here's a link to the relevant wiki article at the bottom.

Basically, if you open your beatmap difficulty's respective .osu file, you should add the line UseSkinSprites: 1 under the [General section]
It should look something like this:

[General]
AudioFilename: audio.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 151579
Countdown: 1
SampleSet: Normal
StackLeniency: 0.7
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
StoryFireInFront: 0
UseSkinSprites: 1
EpilepsyWarning: 1
WidescreenStoryboard: 1

What this does is, it allows you to directly use the player's skin elements as storyboard sprites without adding them to your beatmap folder, meaning different players with different skins will see different images.

Once you enable that, you can directly add any skin element as a sprite by adding it in the .osb file.
For example if you want to place the hitcircleoverlay.png skin element to the center of the playfield in the background layer, it should look something like this:
[Events]
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
Sprite,Background,Centre,"hitcircleoverlay.png",320,240

Afterwards you can fiddle with it either in-game or by directly editing the .osb~

Hope this was helpful :)
Topic Starter
rikia

Kawa wrote:

Here's a link to the relevant wiki article at the bottom.

Basically, if you open your beatmap difficulty's respective .osu file, you should add the line UseSkinSprites: 1 under the [General section]
It should look something like this:

[General]
AudioFilename: audio.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 151579
Countdown: 1
SampleSet: Normal
StackLeniency: 0.7
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
StoryFireInFront: 0
UseSkinSprites: 1
EpilepsyWarning: 1
WidescreenStoryboard: 1

What this does is, it allows you to directly use the player's skin elements as storyboard sprites without adding them to your beatmap folder, meaning different players with different skins will see different images.

Once you enable that, you can directly add any skin element as a sprite by adding it in the .osb file.
For example if you want to place the hitcircleoverlay.png skin element to the center of the playfield in the background layer, it should look something like this:
[Events]
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
Sprite,Background,Centre,"hitcircleoverlay.png",320,240

Afterwards you can fiddle with it either in-game or by directly editing the .osb~

Hope this was helpful :)
omfg i love you thank you so much <3

time to make taiko aspire