forum

Bal-Sagoth - The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 3:21:05 AM

Artist: Bal-Sagoth
Title: The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords
Tags: symphonic black metal rock streams
BPM: 122.2
Filesize: 24644kb
Play Time: 16:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Gleaming Beneath The Blazon Of The Hyperborean Empire (6.71 stars, 4921 notes)
Download: Bal-Sagoth - The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
For the eternal glory of Hyperborea!

Behold glorious Hyperborea, gleaming jewel of the north; an eon-veiled kingdom forever steeped in ancient legendry and the renown of its martial splendour... but of late, an ill wind whispers malignly through its opulent labyrinth of marbled citadels...

I : The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon Of The Hyperborean Empire
II : The Dark Liege Of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Ensorcelled Shrine Of A'Zura Kai
III : Cry Havoc For Glory, And The Annihilation Of The Titans Of Chaos

Gradings:
>95% = The Outer Darkness destroyed
>90% = Lord Angsaar is defeated.
<90% = Hyperoborean Empire is defeated.

- The song's title is too big so I had to put half of it as its difficulty.
- Storyboard is WIP.
Mazziv
song name sounds like naruto doing some jutsu 'n' shit
rockrl
Seems like a PP map except its a bit too long for that :D
Hectic
holy moly, how much time did you spend on that? sad to say that, but audio sounds really bad, i mean in terms of quality, and there are many small pauses everywhere... i wouldn't really use such file to map
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

holy moly, how much time did you spend on that? sad to say that, but audio sounds really bad, i mean in terms of quality, and there are many small pauses everywhere... i wouldn't really use such file to map
I think I've fixed the issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

rockrl wrote:

Seems like a PP map except its a bit too long for that :D
Yeah, nah, you're absolutely right. HDDT = smh ruining the rarity of 1800pp plays
Joe Castle
even tho i cant mod your map, ill shoot you some stars :) good luck buddy
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

Joe Castle wrote:

even tho i cant mod your map, ill shoot you some stars :) good luck buddy
Thanks champ, at least you made the attempt. :)
FINGERLOCK
This is easily a top 5 map of the year, this is insane! This better get ranked. Good luck, man.
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

FINGERLOCK wrote:

This is easily a top 5 map of the year, this is insane! This better get ranked. Good luck, man.
Thanks sport, it's nice to see that my map is appreciated. It means a lot to me :D
Bergy
this just gon be a quickie post its late but i want kd but i wanna mod but i wanna sleep :|
just gonna be general criticisms about map structure and stuff i guess (?)

666 in the map id thats gr8 stuf

the mod what else would u think it is
general: you've got some unsnapped lines/objects in aimod, fix those

also you've got a BUNCH of green lines/red lines at the same spots that differ in hitsound volume/sample: 00:01:045 - and 00:08:870 - are examples, but me pointing out them all would take too much time and space. i'd suggest downloading modding assistant here and checking them yourself. it'll also point out unsnapped lines and the offscreen slider you have at 04:15:485 (1) - .

00:01:045 (1) - i generally dislike your use of these slider shapes, it's not like there's any crazy sound on the end of the slider that you need to emphasize, nothing more than what you did at 00:02:026 (4) - or 00:03:008 (1) - .

00:16:839 (1) - yea this slider definitely isnt rankable

00:20:466 (1,2,3,4) - if you're gonna do triples, i'd recommend one of three patterns: 3 circles, a 1/4 repeating slider, or a 1/4 slider with a circle after it. this pattern has weird emphasis and plays weird (imo) as well. also, it's not much different from the sounds at 00:20:187 (4,5,6) - or 00:21:025 (5,6,7) - . you do the same at 00:46:240 (1,2,3,4) - , and maybe later too idk im lazy sry xd

watch out for spacing changes - 00:23:536 (1,2,3,4) - seems drastically lower in spacing than the jumps before it at 00:22:420 (1,2,3,4) -

00:49:668 (1,2,3) - i dont understand why youd go from jumps to a triple stack here

00:51:483 (1) - also ur timing changes are weird sometimes and notes dont snap correctly it seems like

01:11:977 (2) - i dont hear any notes here that really would signify a reverse slider

01:12:708 (1) - (obviously it doesnt matter now) but in the future for mapping, it would be cool if you emphasized the higher guitar pitches in these streams with higher spacing. for example, increase here 01:13:162 (1) - , increase here 01:13:768 (1) - , decrease here 01:14:374 (1) - , etc. and look out for unnecessary changes in spacing like 01:20:434 (1,2,3,4,1) - .

02:10:472 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - i see you take inspiration from mazzerin. the only thing about this pattern is that it doesnt really properly emphasize the sounds going on in the song. the guitar stays the same pitch, if anything, that background string/wind instrument or whatever raises pitch at 02:10:761 (1) - , so you should increase spacing rather than decrease it.

02:12:785 (2,3,4,5,1) - i also dont see a need for this split in the stream since theres no real sound on 02:12:930 (4) - that justifies it. same thing 02:18:672 (1,2,3,4) - , etc

02:44:521 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - i think this is 1/2 rhythm here, be careful of your rhythm choices sometimes.

02:54:039 (2,3,4) - i mean is anyone actually gonna realize this is 1/8 snapping just from playing the song? its probably better to abuse slider leniency mechanics for something like this

04:22:182 - lol did he miss the snare drum

05:04:055 (1,2) - another thing i have to say about rhythm - even though you're following that string/guitars noise here, there are a lot of sounds going on in the background with drums and such. usually there are ways you can map rhythms to accompany the two hand in hand.

so basically my best advice to you is to not go for rank on this. i know it hurts to hear (and trust me, i've heard it), but i wish i had someone to tell me that kinda shit when i first started mapping cause i just kept trying to go for rank and not improve my maps. you've got good aesthetics, patterns, etc. but you need to polish some of your structure/ideas. just map more, look at more maps, get people to critique your maps, and you'll be improving in no time. hell, if you want, just call me back and i can critique some of your stuff on a more personal base. i really like this map (especially the concepts you've used) but i don't see it being ranked in its current state, it would need a lot of work. i hope i dont sound too dicky but that's just my two cents. maybe you're not going for rank at all. maybe im just talking for no reason. maybe u probably dont even care what i have to say cause ive nver ranked a map lol. hi

no but srsly like i just hope to help you polish off some of the ideas that you had in this map and such (partially cause u map metal ok im lonely), pm if u want help or sumthin xzDdddddD send help
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

Bergy wrote:

this just gon be a quickie post its late but i want kd but i wanna mod but i wanna sleep :|
just gonna be general criticisms about map structure and stuff i guess (?)

666 in the map id thats gr8 stuf

the mod what else would u think it is
general: you've got some unsnapped lines/objects in aimod, fix those

also you've got a BUNCH of green lines/red lines at the same spots that differ in hitsound volume/sample: 00:01:045 - and 00:08:870 - are examples, but me pointing out them all would take too much time and space. i'd suggest downloading modding assistant here and checking them yourself. it'll also point out unsnapped lines and the offscreen slider you have at 04:15:485 (1) - . thanks for the link. had a gander at what the program wanted me to fix so that's all good.

00:01:045 (1) - i generally dislike your use of these slider shapes, it's not like there's any crazy sound on the end of the slider that you need to emphasize, nothing more than what you did at 00:02:026 (4) - or 00:03:008 (1) - . fairo, fixed

00:16:839 (1) - yea this slider definitely isnt rankable rank requirements suck but fairo, fixed

00:20:466 (1,2,3,4) - if you're gonna do triples, i'd recommend one of three patterns: 3 circles, a 1/4 repeating slider, or a 1/4 slider with a circle after it. this pattern has weird emphasis and plays weird (imo) as well. also, it's not much different from the sounds at 00:20:187 (4,5,6) - or 00:21:025 (5,6,7) - . you do the same at 00:46:240 (1,2,3,4) - , and maybe later too idk im lazy sry xd replaced these boys with sliders

watch out for spacing changes - 00:23:536 (1,2,3,4) - seems drastically lower in spacing than the jumps before it at 00:22:420 (1,2,3,4) - fixed

00:49:668 (1,2,3) - i dont understand why youd go from jumps to a triple stack here because im lazy and was hoping no one would care; it's fixed now

00:51:483 (1) - also ur timing changes are weird sometimes and notes dont snap correctly it seems like true as, i've fixed it more or less

01:11:977 (2) - i dont hear any notes here that really would signify a reverse slider - i put that there to match the whammy, it's sick as

01:12:708 (1) - (obviously it doesnt matter now) but in the future for mapping, it would be cool if you emphasized the higher guitar pitches in these streams with higher spacing. for example, increase here 01:13:162 (1) - , increase here 01:13:768 (1) - , decrease here 01:14:374 (1) - , etc. and look out for unnecessary changes in spacing like 01:20:434 (1,2,3,4,1) - i decided to just remap this whole section. it was pure laziness the way I had it mapped before. hope the way i've done it now is better.

02:10:472 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - i see you take inspiration from mazzerin do not say that. the only thing about this pattern is that it doesnt really properly emphasize the sounds going on in the song. the guitar stays the same pitch, if anything, that background string/wind instrument or whatever raises pitch at 02:10:761 (1) - , so you should increase spacing rather than decrease it. i decided to redo any section that features streams done in this way.

02:12:785 (2,3,4,5,1) - i also dont see a need for this split in the stream since theres no real sound on 02:12:930 (4) - that justifies it. same thing 02:18:672 (1,2,3,4) - , etc again, i decided to redo any section that features streams done in this way.

02:44:521 (3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - i think this is 1/2 rhythm here, be careful of your rhythm choices sometimes. you've a keen ear, champ. wasn't entirely sure how to redo this but what i've done should work.

02:54:039 (2,3,4) - i mean is anyone actually gonna realize this is 1/8 snapping just from playing the song? its probably better to abuse slider leniency mechanics for something like this - im not sure what slider leniency is...? but yeah i made it no longer 1/8.

04:22:182 - lol did he miss the snare drum really makes that cortex go cosmic haha nah i got no clue ay

05:04:055 (1,2) - another thing i have to say about rhythm - even though you're following that string/guitars noise here, there are a lot of sounds going on in the background with drums and such. usually there are ways you can map rhythms to accompany the two hand in hand. yeah did what i could i'd say fixed.

so basically my best advice to you is to not go for rank on this. i know it hurts to hear (and trust me, i've heard it), but i wish i had someone to tell me that kinda shit when i first started mapping cause i just kept trying to go for rank and not improve my maps. you've got good aesthetics, patterns, etc. but you need to polish some of your structure/ideas. just map more, look at more maps, get people to critique your maps, and you'll be improving in no time. hell, if you want, just call me back and i can critique some of your stuff on a more personal base. i really like this map (especially the concepts you've used) but i don't see it being ranked in its current state, it would need a lot of work. i hope i dont sound too dicky but that's just my two cents. maybe you're not going for rank at all. maybe im just talking for no reason. maybe u probably dont even care what i have to say cause ive nver ranked a map lol. hi [simmer down champ, mod with confidence. i appreciate the feedback.

no but srsly like i just hope to help you polish off some of the ideas that you had in this map and such (partially cause u map metal ok im lonely drop me a dm if that's the case, here, discord anywhere), pm if u want help or sumthin xzDdddddDsend help
thanks for the mod, champ. regardless of what you've said though i will look towards getting this ranked, and i'll remap entire sections if that's what it takes. mapping for me is to pass the time im not one to treat it like a second job. once again, i really appreciate the feedback and the time you took to have a geez
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.