forum

Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
I've finally finished my third beatmap! This one is MUCH harder than anything else I've created so far, and it includes a REVOLUTIONIZING spinner. Play it to see what I mean. It is also my first beatmap with a background image.
http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Ray%20Parker%20Jr.%20-%20Ghostbusters.osz
The .osz also includes an easy version. It is a bit shorter, but even the easy one contains the epic spinner. :)
What do you think? :3
Hitoshirenu Shourai
YOU FAIL AT LIFE.

Kidding. Well done, but the beats during a spinner is just really weird, IMO. >_>
awp
Ghost notes rule.

This is an awesome beatmap, lol
Extor
I will rank this one NOW!

*rankzordizes*
Dranoel
On Hard mode, the spinner does not work.
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YourAverageJoe_old
Why does hard mode have impossible overlapping notes on top of annoying sliders?

Why is this still ranked?
Sinistro
I guess the reason is that unranking it would remove points from players who earned them playing this beatmap before the improvements in osu! broke it.
lukewarmholiday

Sinistro wrote:

I guess the reason is that unranking it would remove points from players who earned them playing this beatmap before the improvements in osu! broke it.
and keeping it ranked keeps new players from getting good scores on it after Osu! broke it.

bad logic thar IMO
YoshiKart
If only we had an old version of osu! on some other computer. :P
peppy
Unranked until the broken spinner is fixed by Loginer.
LuigiHann
A bit overdue, considering how broken it was... I did have a good idea for a replacement gimmick.

[01:41] <LuigiHann> yeah, loginer definitely has to storyboard in a haunted spinner
[01:42] <LuigiHann> can you guys picture this? a storyboarded spinner looks almost exactly like a real spinner. you go to spin it and it spins itself
[01:43] <LuigiHann> and then it spins the other way, out of controll
[01:43] <LuigiHann> and then there are real beats you have to hit over it
m980

LuigiHann wrote:

A bit overdue, considering how broken it was... I did have a good idea for a replacement gimmick.

[01:41] <LuigiHann> yeah, loginer definitely has to storyboard in a haunted spinner
[01:42] <LuigiHann> can you guys picture this? a storyboarded spinner looks almost exactly like a real spinner. you go to spin it and it spins itself
[01:43] <LuigiHann> and then it spins the other way, out of controll
[01:43] <LuigiHann> and then there are real beats you have to hit over it
Hmm...

*Steals*

He could also storyboard fake hitmarkers and fake sliders.. Moving Hitcircle??
That would actually be pretty cool being in a Beatmap..

It wouldn't be that hard..
Topic Starter
Loginer
I'd love to, if my hard disk drive worked, which would allow me to install Vista, which would allow me to run osu!. <.<
And I have some other ideas, like the Ghostbusters popping out to trap the fake spinner before it ends.
Edit: I just realized I don't need osu! for storyboarding. <____________<
BRB, adding win.

Edit2: Making great progress. Also:

m980 wrote:

Eh, what? I'd have to storyboard every beat in the song if I want to create even a single moving hitcircle, unless it's a fake.
m980

Loginer wrote:

Edit2: Making great progress. Also:

m980 wrote:

Eh, what? I'd have to storyboard every beat in the song if I want to create even a single moving hitcircle, unless it's a fake.
Noo... No no no..

As in..

You have your normal hit circles in the mix.. But you also add a few fake hit circles to confuse the player.. Their not real..
Moving hit circles would just distract the players..
Like..

Say.. You have a real hit circle.. You could put a fake hitcircle on the other side of the screen. Maybe have the hitcircle move just a tiny bit halfway between it appearing and you hitting it so that the player can recognize it as a fake hitcircle.
YoshiKart
The storyboarding is a great idea, but wouldn't it be extremely obvious to the player that the notes are fake if the player is using a different skin?

This calls for a request. If we storyboard graphics that come from a skin, can it be so that the graphics are grabbed from the current skin that is being used? (This means that there has to be some kind of reminder in the .osu file, or peppy has to rework the skin framework for a skin.ini in a beatmap folder.)
m980

YoshiKart wrote:

The storyboarding is a great idea, but wouldn't it be extremely obvious to the player that the notes are fake if the player is using a different skin?
Not a problem!

All loginer has to do is put the hitcircle graphics in the song folder.. and use that hitcircle for the beatmap!

It dosent matter what skin you have then.
YoshiKart
Wow... I'm thinking too much outside the box. =/
Topic Starter
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
thibaud_old
bonjour Il Semble Que DANS Votre beatmap leSpiner du debut est bloquer
show more