forum

How do you choose your Video Games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GhostyDev
I would like to know how you guys choose your video games, because everyone has their own standards or techniques to choosing theirs or, they could be similar.

I always choose my video games based off their soundtrack. I belive if it has a high quality soundtrack the game must be high quality...right? So far I've liked every game that I picked this way. Like how I choose Persona 4 and Project DIVA f2nd. They were really good! Now I really want all the other persona games because of how good their soundtracks are.
Desert
I usually play games based on the community surrounding it
_sparky_
Characters, soundtrack and gameplay for me.
Frank-
Storyline
MrMan
fun or not fun
Wall-ed
well, i don't like game that make me think if P2W is better,something grindy that make me very enjoy to play that game
45Traeath
Game's genre(s) and summary............
Those are the things that help me, when I'm visually struck by the art that I usually see first.
J25_games

MrMan wrote:

fun or not fun

If it can give me hours of entertanment its worth
Ryoid
Artstyle and soundtrack
abraker
My requirements used to be based on judgment of visuals, game type, and appeal of a short gameplay video of indie games I found. Last game I played according to the old way of choosing was Transistor. Much kinda changed after I discovered osu! and it began sucking out my soul. New requirement became:

Can I browse the internet without people telling me to try it?
Can I browse the internet without running into memes that potentially spoil the game?
Can I live my life not knowing what the game is and not be considered living under a rock?

If all of them are yes, I am playing the game. So far only 2 games satisfied that and it's Undertale and DDLC
lynxinursinks
I usually base mine off of Gameplay. When I first came over to PC my only game was CSGO (absolute trash at it), so my standard for a long time was "first person shooter? Is it better than CS?" which is how my friends and I came onto Rainbow Six Siege (even though the community around it is the most toxic i've seen) and we've been having a lot of fun in it since it has mechanics unique to the game. That same reason is why i'm generally a fan of RPG's and JRPG's.

For THIS game, my friend got me addicted somehow and I've even managed to improve my fps aim.
keremaru
i just play what my friends are playing and if i can
Cheaddos
It has to be a genre I like first. Then, I look at screenshots and reviews and maybe trailer.
Lord Sithis
Skill ceiling in most cases
DrSkeletal
If a game has attractive characters I'm 10x more likely to play it.
vinnicci
Renzu
I usually play FPS and JRPG games. First things first that I check the game out is gameplay and story and having positive reviews.
Aochie
I choose Video Games by genre, plot, art style, and good soundtracks. ;)
-Cappuchino-
well if looks good to me i get them
DXPOHIHIHI

GhostyDev wrote:

I would like to know how you guys choose your video games, because everyone has their own standards or techniques to choosing theirs or, they could be similar.

I always choose my video games based off their soundtrack. I belive if it has a high quality soundtrack the game must be high quality...right? So far I've liked every game that I picked this way. Like how I choose Persona 4 and Project DIVA f2nd. They were really good! Now I really want all the other persona games because of how good their soundtracks are.

dood even if a game sucks but if'it's soundtrack is good then it's a good game
show more