forum

[confirmed] Adding a map to a collection crashes osu! if map is changed to one you don't have

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
diNZy
Problem Details: Osu crashing when adding a song into collection.
Produces a normal error when i attempt to add a song once. Then crashes Osu when attempting to add a second time.
Below spoiler is the error code I got when recording to get a video of this.
Only been happening recently. No system changes or installations on my computer recently. :(

SPOILER
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=zZ5FXbgxtCpudXFLMNMgty7IzFL1xoSCMX_gx$JxE5hKW.#=z$ZmfejHWsM13(Boolean #=z6a9v0Qo=, Boolean #=zr_VxlOy4pTta)
at #=zZ5FXbgxtCpudXFLMNMgty7IzFL1xoSCMX_gx$JxE5hKW.#=zjY1bnO714n9v(Object #=zp41GRb4=, EventArgs #=zYgmzLGM=)
at #=z$$OpZ_Z7UQcNJ_8$Pk02oCHzoC2e.#=zhsXm5nQ=(Boolean #=zvsym$Qhajkcfsc2v6g==)
at #=zdDdkpIgOxI$1Nus_c00ulUv967GNoxrZGQ==.#=zFqbL3PLOzQQW(Boolean #=z3BIoQLM=)
at #=zdDdkpIgOxI$1Nus_c00ulUv967GNoxrZGQ==.#=zzXOmPp8UUdPC(Boolean #=z3BIoQLM=)
at #=zZlnZ0CESsVpnIk2Cxe1OQD8=.#=zDBtxYfIkryTn()
at #=zFNqFJ6M426bykCINxg==.#=zFK2gZtk=(#=zW2_0RI3ITEX$ziycdEqpxtk= #=z4e7wwKw=)
at #=zht005iVly42kdfWR3g==.#=zCoL6Aik=()
at #=zobPrnmbKdB0NIjebwQ==.#=zd9UQU8ZrY6Wv(Object #=zp41GRb4=, EventArgs #=zYgmzLGM=)
at #=zUHs1vUkmxHyxynO9lGn8toI=.#=zH8WRSmo=(Object #=zp41GRb4=, EventArgs #=zy68l2aw=)
at #=zwiYyAXGkTT6cN4nlH4WxpT8=.#=zm1FDjQqVsLkL0X9Kag==(Object #=zp41GRb4=, EventArgs #=zYgmzLGM=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=zwiYyAXGkTT6cN4nlH4WxpT8=.#=zGcpoMV4=()
at #=zobPrnmbKdB0NIjebwQ==.#=zGcpoMV4=()
at #=z6gZ_Ev_gE2eGsEU0fA==.#=zmaonW_s70JcI(String #=zGNPhKqRMAQJe, Boolean #=zgQd53mAoQ1eT0kJDPU7bry0=, Boolean #=zETuNJmyQ0m2GMgSNMA==)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171107cuttingedge
Death
1. Right click on a map that you have in a multiplayer to add it to a collection, and leave the window open
2. Host changes the map to something you don't have
3. Attempt to add the map to a collection. First time prompts the error, second time crashes osu!.

osu! attempts to add the current selected song to your collection instead of the one you right clicked. Because you don't have that song in your library, osu! can't add it to the collection and it crashes.

If you see the first error just don't attempt to add it a second time.

Apparently this was fixed 4 years ago, but it is back: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/142222
Topic Starter
diNZy
Interesting.
But I have also previously seen this happen when the host has not changed map, and I am attempting to add the current playing song.
I will attempt to get a recording of that asap.