forum

Switching to kddk from ddkk?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Creyz
Hey guys.
I started getting into taiko about 2-3 months ago and I can pass most 6* maps now. But my problem is that I've always played with ddkk because it was easier for me. Now I'm stuck and I'm just not improving because I am just too slow for ddkk I can't do D streams that are higher than 220 bpm and K streams only about 190. I tried to switch a couple of times but I just end up getting frustrated and giving up but I feel like the more I will improve with ddkk the harder it will be for me to switch to kddk. How do I go on about this? Are there any tips or tricks? Has anyone of you switched playstyles before? Pls help I really wanna learn kddk
XOlifreX
I switched from kkdd to kddk when I had about 2k pp. But no, I know your feeling, I was frustrated too learning kddk.. Going back from 4 - 5* maps to 3 - 3.5* maps just to learn the basics of Oni difficulity again in kddk playstyle... But I can tell you that it is deffinitely worth the effort.

What you need to do to learn kddk is pretty simple, stay on kddk playstyle and don't ever switch back. You might not be able to play easier maps well cause of the new playstyle, but believe me, after a week or two of intensive training, you'll be fc'ing 4* maps easily (or even 5* if you're a quick learner).

Just don't give up. Stay on kddk and don't switch back. Be stuborn and ignore the fact you're less good on easier maps for some time. :)
Edgar_Figaro
I mean there is no reason you can’t get good playing ddkk/kkdd it’s jist that certain skills are easier/harder with certain playstyles.

That being said, the majority of players at the top are full alt kddk. If you really want to play kddk then go for it, but if you want to play kkdd then don’t feel like you have to change to get good.
BabySnakes
In the past, I have felt like playing kkdd/ddkk was bad and I wanted to change my playstyle to kddk but never being able to do so as I found myself getting frustrated with starting from (almost) 0. Now I'm glad I didn't change back then, I am slowly getting better and improving, my speed is really good now even though I play kkdd/ddkk. Both playstyles have advantages and disadvantages, the biggest difference is the difficulty curve:ddkk/kkdd is really difficult to improve in some areas but are really good in others while kddk is an all-rounder based on consistency. Everyone gets stuck once in a while, all you have to do is being positive and avoid getting angry at yourself, you'll eventually get better.
Change if you wish to, note that there are a lot of high ranked players that play kkdd/ddkk and the numbers just keep increasing.
Aiery
*Tries to ddkk* *immediately returns to kddk*
Backfire
Sylarn dont bully people!
meattape
I literally did the opposite of you guys. I went from kddk to ddkk because I thought I was skill capped at kddk. I switched and havent turned back yet at 4*
-ExSayaKun-
It's happend why you should following a rhythm. Rhythm is making you good , and very better if you collaboration with skill
Aiery
Actually just switch whichever you like best. The most important thing is to have fun :)
Sh0tz
What you guys mean you struggle to stream with ddkk its actually easier if you played osu!standard i can stream faster with my left hand than with both index fingers
black_arachnia
I play kddk and I am approaching 7 star maps status so it literally doesn't matter. You can do any play style and make it work for you. But kddk is harder for a lot of 7 star maps and I am struggling to pass some due to how they are arranged.
Mills
I play kddk and I'm slowly approaching 6* maps. I cant do 1/6 patterns so im kinda stuck atm. I tried DDKK a while back and wtf is that crap LOL. I think both ddkk/kkdd and kddk players are equally good. But most players gets stuck at some place, but you'll get through. It'll be much more timeconsuming to switch now.
black_arachnia

Staroll wrote:

I play kddk and I'm slowly approaching 6* maps. I cant do 1/6 patterns so im kinda stuck atm. I tried DDKK a while back and wtf is that crap LOL. I think both ddkk/kkdd and kddk players are equally good. But most players gets stuck at some place, but you'll get through. It'll be much more timeconsuming to switch now.

Yeah I was stuck where you were at for months, 6 star is a huge freaking wall for kddk players IMO so you really have to force yourself to learn to alternate without even thinking. I stopped playing for a bit and I actually couldn't do 6 stars anymore for awhile too.