forum

Newton - Streamline

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gens
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on domingo, 07 de diciembre de 2008 at 09:39:46 a.m.

Artist: Newton
Title: Streamline
Tags: pepsi streamline commercial coke newton gens
BPM: 150.07
Filesize: 6390kb
Play Time: 02:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.21 stars, 119 notes)
  2. Hard (4.59 stars, 249 notes)
  3. Normal (3.44 stars, 209 notes)
Download: Newton - Streamline
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Yes, there's a custom skin, but it isn't that awesome. It was one of my first works so don't complain about it. =/
Why is this map so related to pepsi? I knew this song as "The Pepsi Song", and this is because it was used for a pepsi commercial. Here's a Youtube link if you're curious.

Enjoy!
Hybreed
Horrah! I was going to do this one later, but you did it. Now my lazy ash dosn't have to. :P
Topic Starter
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Yuukari-Banteki
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
dumpsterdiver
I'm diggin' the font. However, you should include a hitcircleoverlay.png, even if you use the default. Otherwise, people with other skins will get different results. Making an original would be nice. I'd recommend putting the stripe in the overlay so that it stays white on top of the notes. Your stripe right now is barely visible.

[edit: Did I mention this song was fun as hell? I'm almost certain I did...]
awp
Okay, I admit; it's pretty awesome. Couple nitpicks:

[Easy]
00:32:16 (1,2,3) - beatspacing inconsistency

[Hard]
00:26:56 (2,3,4) - That fourth note is a nasty trip given the context of the third note. I'm always going to click it half a beat earlier than I'm supposed to ;(
01:41:93 (1,2,3,4) - Beatspacing inconsistency
Two other thoughts: Hard is pretty similar to Normal, and there's two much stacking. I think you could kill both stones with one can of pepsi by spreading the notes around the grid more on Hard. 00:57:75 (32 notes) - yeah the pattern's easy to get after a try or two but you're mostly clicking score explosion graphics in a circular motion - let the player move around a bit - here, and elsewhere, too.

The hitcircles and tweaked SFX are a nice touch. But I ask:

...what's this got to do with Pepsi, again? I hear this song and I think Dance Music. Pepsi doesn't even enter into the thought process.
Topic Starter
Gens

awp wrote:

...what's this got to do with Pepsi, again? I hear this song and I think Dance Music. Pepsi doesn't even enter into the thought process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQAB_HPKEPA
:D
CheeseWarlock
Offset should be more like 164, I think.

Hard:
00:35:14 (6,7) - Spacing.

Easy:
00:35:36 (1,2) - Spacing.
01:21:74 (2) - Spacing.

Normal:
01:36:10 (1,2) - Spacing.

This beatmap feels so commercialized. How much is Pepsi paying you for this? :x
mattyu007
<mattyboo> like, remove "The Pepsi Song"
<mattyboo> it's not really the PEPSI song
<mattyboo> they just used it for the commercial
awp

Gens wrote:

awp wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQAB_HPKEPA
:D
Ah, thanks.

Also, they like pepsi too much.
Seibei4211
BPM: 150.05
Offset: 160

Easy
00:22:55 (5,1) - Wouldn't this be a "big" jump for this difficulty? And shouldn't Easy not have big jumps?
00:32:94 (2,3,1,2,1) - The spacing changes way too much in this section.
01:04:13 (1) - I think this spot could use a note just so it doesn't sound so awkward. I know you're mapping the beat around there, but still.
You also changed the overall spacing, too. Maybe spread out the spacing in the beginning.

Normal
01:04:13 (1) - Same as Easy.

Hard
Edit: 00:12:95 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Also, break up this combo.
01:55:32 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6) - My only (unbiased) complaint here is that this gets annoying, hit sound-wise.

That skin is awesome.
Seibei4211
Fix the timing. D<
Topic Starter
Gens

Seibei4211 wrote:

Fix the timing. D<
Hell, I thought It was already Fixed. Only in Easy was Fixed.

Okay, Learned. I think i'll start to check it more frecuently. :P
Card N'FoRcE
Really nice map and an awesome skin.

Timing:
BPM: 150,08
Offset: 168

- Easy:
01:29:72 (1) - maybe it could be mistaken for a 1/2 snap, but it's an easy map (maybe noone will notice)

- Normal:
Make circles bigger by one tick. Right now it's too similiar to hard

- Hard:
No problems, spacing changes but it's doable flawlessly
Topic Starter
Gens

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Timing:
BPM: 150,08
Offset: 168

- Easy:
01:29:72 (1) - maybe it could be mistaken for a 1/2 snap, but it's an easy map (maybe noone will notice)

- Normal:
Make circles bigger by one tick. Right now it's too similiar to hard

- Hard:
No problems, spacing changes but it's doable flawlessly
Timing:
...uh, I personally find Seibei's timing cool enough. Hope I don't need to change anything here!

Easy: New combo!

Normal: Cool, I like big circles.

Hard: Spacing by Sections, probably. (You mean the Section after the first break, huh?)

Ok!
Kasada
Man, this map is really awesome. The skin is amazing and I really like the way you mapped this song. The only things I thought really needed changing were at 00:36:947 and 01:29:730 on Easy. Both of these notes should be farther away from the previous one.

Other than that, excellent job. :)
CheeseWarlock
Hard:
00:57:74 (1) - And so on. This is a terrible difficulty curve.
The ending is boring and easy by comparison. I really don't like those last two spinners.

Normal:
01:04:13 (1,2,3,4) - This transition to the off-beats is quite confusing.

Easy:
01:04:13 (1,2,3) - Also an odd translation.

The ending sections in all of these difficulties feel like the mapping was rushed, and they came out easy, strange and boring as a result. Even though it's fundamentally well-mapped.
Topic Starter
Gens

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Hard:
00:57:74 (1) - And so on. This is a terrible difficulty curve.
The ending is boring and easy by comparison. I really don't like those last two spinners.

Normal:
01:04:13 (1,2,3,4) - This transition to the off-beats is quite confusing.

Easy:
01:04:13 (1,2,3) - Also an odd translation.

The ending sections in all of these difficulties feel like the mapping was rushed, and they came out easy, strange and boring as a result. Even though it's fundamentally well-mapped.
Man, do I really need to do all that?

The only thing I changed was the last one: The endings for Easy and Normal.

1)Can I keep those Spinners?
2)The Transition for Normal(and Easy) is for beginners. So they don't fail at the first play. (Or... what? How am I supposed to do it then? I think it's, in a way, more easy with that translation.)
3)The "Difficulty Curve" needs to stay there! That's the joke! First an Easy Section, then a Pretty Difficult Section!
mattyu007
Timing
Sounds a little iffy to me, too slow in the beginning and too fast at the end

Hard
02:14:31 (8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - looks kinda messy in play mode

Looks good otherwise
Topic Starter
Gens
Timing had always sound'd iffy in everyplace I go.
Only the REAL BPM Masta' will know the exact BPM here.
I hope I can get it ranked with the actual BPM...
show more