forum

[resolved] osu! lag with nvidia gpu and Intel HD graphics

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-glug-
Problem Details: Since my other forum didn't get any replies within 3 days. I'll just ask again.

Recently I migrated to a new laptop after an intense ragefest and going FullOn TechRax in PUBG on my old PC. I've basically broken my pc. I noticed some noticeable lag spikes when I run the game, but with Tekken and Mortal Kombat run fine with Medium Settings for Tekken and Ultra High settings for MKKE.

I had an older laptop with an AMD Radeon 5000 and osu ran perfectly fine on it but lagged when i played Tekken and mkke. I'm currently running on windows 8.1 and don't want to upgrade to win 10 cause I don't want to lose any of my stuff.

I've tried

*Setting osu! to high priority
*Enabling Compatibility mode (made the lag much worse)
*(for my tablet) using the driver with no lag but input lag only occurs in osu! nothing else
*played in letterboxing
*played in fullscreen
*disabling windows ink
*Viziblr's FixMyPen
*Seen HappySticks' fundamental lags

Please post a fix or if you have the same problem because I really want to come back to playing osu! :cry: :cry:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Kondou-Shinichi
try turning down the resolution

not sure what suggestion to give since not enough information lol
maybe give us some pc specs

how lag is it?
Topic Starter
-glug-
sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to find the problem.

My specs for this pc is:
Nvidia Geforce 740M GPU
Intel Graphics(HD) integrated
8GB of DDR3RAM
Intel i5 Core Processor (4 CPU) 1.60Ghz

I'm using a laptop so idk if its the laptop or the application, but the game ran perfectly fine on a Radeon 5000 mobility
Death
First, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and properly installed.

Plug in your laptop while playing if you do not already. Disable any power saver settings you may have enabled and make sure you power settings for your graphics card are all set to max performance.

Close other programs you have running in the background. It could be some completely random program that is causing issues. If your computer does not need it open to run properly, you should close it. This includes programs like EVGA Precision X, Geforce Experience , MSI Afterburner, etc.

Slideshow desktop backgrounds can sometimes cause lag when they change as well.

Finally, try the second bullet point in this post: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/485922?start=5379359
Topic Starter
-glug-
[BUMP] Setting the paging settings seems to do the job, thanks Death
CacTuZ
Thanks, works :D