forum

Superbus - Radio Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, November 01, 2008 at 10:01:04 AM

Artist: Superbus
Title: Radio Song
BPM: 158
Filesize: 13694kb
Play Time: 02:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.39 stars, 155 notes)
  2. Medium (3.85 stars, 188 notes)
  3. Hard (4.91 stars, 320 notes)
Download: Superbus - Radio Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Alright, all done. GH themed beatmap, the song being from GH3. Theres a little something special that changes in each of the difficulties. If I hadn't spoiled it just now, and you're a GH fan, maybe you could pick up on it :P

Anyways, this is about as far as I want to take it with the skin unless I get any awesome ideas. Thank you cyclone/dumpsterdiver for the hitcircle overlay, and thank you cyclone for the video :D

Enjoy~
Cyclone
Here's a hitcircleoverlay i had sitting around (combined with what you had)

dumpsterdiver originally made it, but i didn't like it on my skin, and it looks freaking amazing with yours.

Topic Starter
Rolled
That is the mother fucking effect I've been looking for the whole time!

ilu again.
m980
Timing is 157. Fix please.
Seibei4211
I hope I don't have to tell you to change the Hard BPM back to 158. I don't know why it was 157 to begin with. Also, offset sounds a little early to me. I think 13,785 sounds pretty good. Or does it?
mm201
Great map! It's so much fun, I hope it's finished and ranked soon.

In the latest update, there seems to be some bad snapping, probably from the BPM changes.
Hard:
00:21:27 (9) - Should be moved forward by a 1/4.
01:21:27 (5) - This too? (could just be a cool rhythm, but it wasn't there in the earlier versions, so it looks like bad snapping)
01:36:27 (4), 01:51:27 (3), 02:06:27 (3), 02:21:27 (1) - These for sure.

Haven't checked out Medium, but there's probably the same sort of thing.

I also find the drain rate to be sort of high on Hard, where all it seemingly takes is one or two Xes or sliderbreaks and you'll fail the song. Especially with the Rolled Spacing™ in that middle section, this can be really frustrating.

I'm seeing an offset of 13,791. (providing that my UO is still where it was when I fixed it. =/)
Seibei4211
Yeah, my offset is still a bit early. But I don't think it's as late as MetalMario's. 13,789 perhaps.
Behon
The video isn't showing for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

Also, the hitsounds are sort of drowned out by the music. You might want to turn their volume up.
Topic Starter
Rolled

Behonkiss wrote:

Also, the hitsounds are sort of drowned out by the music. You might want to turn their volume up.

Those hitsounds were somewhat intentional. I like the music to be overpowering (towards the end especially)

Also, I can't load video due to lag but I had my friend put up a test version on youtube so I could see how the HP bar and hit circles look with the vid. Works for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0x66U4_Mc8&fmt=6
mm201

Behonkiss wrote:

Nah, they're PERFECT. The use of clap as a simple emphasis is perfect and very professional, putting me in mind of iNiS's use of sounds.

The video is not working for me, either, though I know I have missing codec issues all over the place.

Maybe reencode in something ubiquitous like XviD?
Seibei4211
Why no star? Star? Star. I still think the offset needs some work, but it's probably not mine. It's a weird one. And I think the skin still needs work? So yeah. I looked through the difficulties and the jumps in Normal seem pretty predictable, so no problems here. The jumps in Hard can pretty much only be FC'd with a keyboard. I mean, I can't do it with clicking.
Two_old
Everything is perfect, rank pls.

Topic Starter
Rolled
Personally offset is good for me. I get 2-4 100s each play through. Jumps also are not that large, i mean.. I've been more of a dick :P Just goes from 1.0 to 1.5.

Skin is also complete unless somebody gives me something constructive I can work on. Saying "Hp bar is ugly" like two doesn't give me much :P

Seibei4211
Now I don't think the offset's early. But it's just about spot on. I like -2ms a little better though. But, you know, -2ms. Change it if you agree, doesn't matter if you don't, so uh...yeah. By the way, I like the new HP bar.
Two_old
I liked +2 ms because I got 2 100s total with it. It was probably just a fluke, though, because I'm bad.
Topic Starter
Rolled
hi, bump.

SS'd all difficulties btw.
Saturos
I iz rankin', k?
Mashley
Wow, this EPIC fun to play on catch the beat mode. Thanks. :)