forum

Noriyuki Iwadare - Pursuit ~ Caught (Hard Rock Remix)(UPDATE

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kharl
This beatmap was submitted manually on 4 พฤศจิกายน 2550 at 8:29:57

Artist: Noriyuki Iwadare
Title: Pursuit ~ Caught (Hard Rock Remix)(Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations Cornered Theme)
BPM: 150
Filesize: 4.2MB
Play Time: 02:04
Note: Custom sounds included.
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.64 stars, 116 notes)
  2. Normal (2.26 stars, 132 notes)
  3. Hard (4.20 stars, 191 notes)
Download: Noriyuki Iwadare - Pursuit ~ Caught
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

An awesome remix of Cornered Theme from PW3 featured in many PW trailers. Enjoy!
Manabeast
Very good. Love the song, it sounds different enough from the Magical Trick Soceity version to warrant it's own beatmap, I think.

Normal wasn't hard to follow, once you understood what notes were getting hit. I only messed up on the doubletaps on top of the sliders (Such as the one at 0:21). You do kinda (From what I heard) switch from the guitar to the synth notes in the song, which also might throw people off. But, It's still quite fun. Timing seemed great, but I'm not good at finding timing, so eh.

Hard is really fun, even if the drain is unforgiving. Once I got it down it was actually a tad easier to follow than normal. Notes feel just a bit off in the last section, but It could just be me.

Regardless, I love the song, and it's a fun map.
eyup
Awesome stuff. Haven't actually heard this version before - I really like the little Turnabout Sisters theme at the end. Anyway onto the map - nice work. Good mix of beats, sliders and spinners! Hard is a good step up from Normal. I gotta say, the gavel sounds very weird with the whistle though (during all the sliders). Keep imagining the Judge dressed as a soccer referee with a whistle in his mouth and gavel in hand...

Thought bubbled!
Topic Starter
Kharl
I gotta say, the gavel sounds very weird with the whistle though (during all the sliders). Keep imagining the Judge dressed as a soccer referee with a whistle in his mouth and gavel in hand...
Hahaha... I never have thought of that before. :lol:

Perhaps I should replace the whistle sound with audience's murmur or psyche-lock chain rolling sound instead. Gotta ask Peppy how should I rename the sound file... :|
LuigiHann
The other Phoenix Wright beatmaps also have a custom sound set. Perhaps you two could standardize.
Topic Starter
Kharl
Easy level uploaded. I Also include additional custom sounds so please download the whole package again. Here's the list of custom sounds I use:

Hit whistle - Gavel banging
Hit finish - Desk slam
Slider whistle - Psyche-lock chain
Spinner spin - Jury's murmur*
Spinner bonus - Gavel banging ("Order, Order, I SAID ORDER!!!")*
(*You'll need client build b130, which should be released soon, in order for spinner sounds to work)

Let me know if you like it or not. As for now, enjoy! :mrgreen:
peppy
This is great. Very nice layout and I love your special slider :). +1
eyup
Not sure why you've kept the standard hitnormal.wav and use the gavel as the whistle sound. Why not just make all the normal hits as gavel sounds?
Topic Starter
Kharl

Manabeast wrote:

Love the song, it sounds different enough from the Magical Trick Soceity version to warrant it's own beatmap, I think.
It sure does. The MTS version is a remix of the track from the first game in the series. Mine is a remix of the track from the third game.

eyup wrote:

Not sure why you've kept the standard hitnormal.wav and use the gavel as the whistle sound. Why not just make all the normal hits as gavel sounds?
I tried, but it was too repetitious IMO, so I decided to use it as one of the special sfx and leave the normal hit sound as the way it is.
GSR_old
I just SSed this on Easy mode.

Kharl, you rock. :D
GuardianHX
I must say, this beatmap is insanely awesome.

Now all we need is a Pheonix Wright skin.
For the score sprites, 50's would say, "GUILTY!" above them, and 100s and 300s would have a, "NOT GUILTY!" above them. XD
Impossible_old
Whoa, excellent work, I was really excited to see this one. Thanks so much for doing this... I love PW music, and I can't think of a better choice of song to do - both the song, and this version of it.
Topic Starter
Kharl
For everyone who downloaded this song before April 29, 2008 (and still haven't deleted it), please download this hitwhistle sfx and replace the old one in this song's folder. It will fix the gavel sfx lag. (Thanks a lot, peppy! :) )

http://pe.ppy.sh/hitwhistle.wav
ROMaster2
Hey, where did you get the original song for this?

Download: Girls Dead Monster - Shine Days (Full ver) (Clare) [youngdow&climbb's Taiko 3].osu
Drycona
Well looks like this is giving me the same issue as Portal - Still Alive. I am getting a URL Not Found error when trying to download it individually using the purple button however the .rar mass download still works.
Saturos

Drycona wrote:

Well looks like this is giving me the same issue as Portal - Still Alive. I am getting a URL Not Found error when trying to download it individually using the purple button however the .rar mass download still works.
The button may not work, but the links in the OP of both maps do.
CheeseWarlock
online_offset += 20;
ReaverX
As of 10/9/2012, this game causes my osu! to lock up. I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, 4GB ram. Current osu! build as of 10/9/2012 at 4:00 am (yes my schedule is off lol) USA East Coast.
Mcfly98

gcmatt wrote:

As of 10/9/2012, this game causes my osu! to lock up.
It freezes my osu. I really want to play it and it just doesn't work
//EDIT\\
Thanks to peppy after last update it started working.